Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ McDaniels
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

KJ McDaniels

Mar 1, 2015, 8:04 PM

Are the Rockets just letting him sit the rest of the season?

Or is he just learning the offense? Which makes zero sense because they are clean up minutes available.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ McDaniels

Mar 1, 2015, 8:10 PM

I'm guessing he is just learning the offense. Their coach is known for being reluctant on playing rookies, which makes me wonder why they traded for him. I doubt they would get him just to bury him on the bench though

Re: KJ McDaniels

Mar 1, 2015, 8:18 PM

I live in Philly and apparently the GMs of the 76ers and Rockets worked together and have a similar philosophy on players and they wanted KJ in the draft.

Philly was upset with KJs contract negotiations and how KJ won that little process and was going to skip town for a better payday. The fan base loved him.

KJ

Mar 1, 2015, 9:13 PM

will have to learn to dribble, pass, and shoot to go to the next level. Which row of seats a blocked-shot falls into matters little in the end.

Re: KJ

Mar 1, 2015, 9:19 PM

Come on man. He was a first round pick and played alright with Philly. He can obviously "dribble, pass, and shoot"....but I suppose you should give him some tips.

Mar 1, 2015, 9:49 PM

KJ was going to be rookie of the year until this little stunt the Rockets pulled. I think they pulled a Bear Bryant. They traded for him just to make sure one of their western conference brethren didnt....

He was not going to be ROY***

Mar 1, 2015, 11:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: KJ ]

He wasn't even the best rookie on the sixers dude.

This NBA.com article has him ranked the #1 rookie SG

Mar 2, 2015, 6:11 AM

dude.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/02/24/ranking-rookies-by-position-version-3/index.html

(Scroll down a little for the position rankings)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen speculation on Rockets boards

Mar 2, 2015, 5:24 AM

that they will "hide" KJ (i.e. not play him) for the rest of the season so as not to attract too much attention from other teams.. making it cheaper and easier for Houston to re-sign him. Seems like that's what they're doing.

Also a lot of speculation on his future and role w/ the Rockets here

Mar 2, 2015, 6:16 AM

In the comments section of this article from Houston's SB Nation blog.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2015/2/20/8071919/kj-mcdaniels-profile-rockets

This is EXACTLY what KJ dreamed about, IMO.

Mar 2, 2015, 6:58 AM

First - KJ had to battle for playing time at the start of the year in Philly as well - don't forget that. His energy and athleticism began to show and they couldn't legitimately keep him off the court. BUT, let's be real - the 6ers stink. It was the perfect place for KJ to get playing time and improve his game.

He has done that - but has a long way to go. His handling DOES need to improve. His shooting % DOES need to improve.

But the plan he and his agent had at the start of the season is playing out. He's been noticed and been picked up by a legitimate team. The Rockets are interested - but perhaps no yet sold. If he shows determination, continues to improve his game and learns their system, the Rockets mgmt will reward him.

Would he love to still be playing 25 minutes a game - yeah! Of course. But that isn't realistic. The Rockets are not the 6ers.

This is EXACTLY what KJ dreamed about, IMO. His playing time will improve, some, through the end of the year - but likely not much in the playoffs, except garbage time.

This offseason is HUGE for him. I hope he sticks. We'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic