Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer players and tnetters criticizing students,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,931

Deer players and tnetters criticizing students,

Mar 1, 2015, 6:51 PM

Players: don't s u c k and we will be there.

T-netters who are the "well when I was here..." Yeah whatever, you walked uphill both ways in the snow. We get it. When you were here (just after electricity probably) the school was the only thing here and there wasn't anything else to do. Not as many folks had cars, and you didn't realize that Clemson B ball was terrible (but the peach baskets kept falling down).

It doesn't have anything to do with liberals (what freaking idiots to think that), or poor attitudes. It has nothing to do with the style of play, or where students sit, or how students are too spoiled. It has everything to do with the team being not so good. If you want proof, look at the NIT last year. It was a crazy place, we were winning and the fans supported the team.

Jaron, you take care of the team winning and the fans will take care of backing you guys.

Just win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer players and tnetters criticizing students,

Mar 1, 2015, 6:53 PM

pathetic excuse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical "entitled" mentality from this generation.

Mar 1, 2015, 6:55 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not disagreeing with you, but how far back does this

Mar 1, 2015, 11:49 PM

"entitled" generation go back? Seems like some believe that it isn't just students that are the problem but alumni not returning for games either. LJ should be nearly packed from the generations of yesteryear but that isn't the case either.

Re: Typical "entitled" mentality from this generation.

Mar 3, 2015, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Typical "entitled" mentality from this generation. ]

It's crazy, my grandparents and parents think I have it easy.

I'll probably think the same of my kids.

Every generation thinks they're the hardest working, most honest, most loyal generation to ever live.

Not agreeing with OP btw

Agreed. Stop whining about attendance.

Mar 1, 2015, 7:00 PM

Stop making excuses for the team's lack of performance. Clemson fans, students and players deserve a quality basketball program.

Build it and they will come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2015, 7:01 PM

yes, i was there when there was "nothing to do". we had an 8 track tape player and a deck of cards for entertainment.. and we had a hell of a time. we won 4 football games... 4.. my senior year and we were there cheering our ##### off every game.we went to 'freshman games' and women's games. and we had a hell of a time. and you know what... we graduated and continued to come to games AND give back to Clemson, helping make it a better place and a better university. "my generation" lived thru the hootie Ingram years and the red parker years, we lived thru probation, we lived thru bobby roberts, larry shyatt, tommy west and ken hatfield. and we CONTINUED to come to games and give out money. We support clemson because it is clemson and its the right thing to do. We don't support it only when we're winning. maybe its imply time for "today's' students to grow up, man up, shut up and SHOW UP.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2015, 7:15 PM

now masked you gonna make them pout now.

What a pathetic attitude. You don't deserve Clemson.

Mar 1, 2015, 7:19 PM

You only support your student athletes if they win? Talk about a whiney b**ch attitude. Clemson is worse off for every brat like you they let it. Entitled punks.

Hopefully your time at Clemson matures you and you become a useful part of Clemson family. Do I expect students to go to every game in every sport? Heck no. That's crazy. But your specific excuse is awful. And I know you don't speak for most students.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Jaron took care of winning vs Ga Tech

Mar 1, 2015, 7:27 PM

and yet, I'm fairly sure no one had his back. Why you lying? Oh, wait, nevermind, you know the outcomes of the games before they happen. Would you like to go to Vegas with me?

Ladies, I'll say this. If you sit in DV in the student

Mar 1, 2015, 7:30 PM

section, it rocks. Everyone stands for the entire game, it is LOUD and is the best place in the stadium to be. When you sit in the rest of the stadium around the old farts, you can't stand up or you get yelled out, and all the folks do is complain about the players, coaches, young people, the woo hoo (who the F cares!)....yada yada.

So you can "know yourself" (in the Biblical sense) if you think students don't care and go back to your AARP mail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Jaron would like to discuss this with you

Mar 1, 2015, 7:32 PM

He seems to disagree. You can tell him he needs to start winning more while you're at it. I'm sure it's easy to pick him out on campus.

Any student who thinks that Clemson athletes only "deserve"

Mar 1, 2015, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Ladies, I'll say this. If you sit in DV in the student ]

his/her support when they win has a significant character flaw that will eventually haunt them in life unless they mature from it.

If you can't get behind something when it's struggling and still take pride in your alma mater when it's not easy, then you are simply a superficial Clemson Tiger. And that is not a real Clemson Tiger. You will never truly appreciate success if you can't learn to share in hardship and support your brothers. That is a life lesson that all know-it-all adult children eventually have to learn.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the Lebron front running syndrome

Mar 1, 2015, 7:38 PM

Sounds like this kid needs to be a Kentucky basketball fan.

This little prick probably isn't even a student, just some

Mar 1, 2015, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Ladies, I'll say this. If you sit in DV in the student ]

Loser seeking attention, probably an idiot coot trying to make Clemson fans look like ######

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good lawd, you are incredibly ignorant

Mar 2, 2015, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Ladies, I'll say this. If you sit in DV in the student ]

I stand up and yell the entire game, in the "old fart" section and not once have I been told to sit down or be quiet. Get over yourself

I lived across the river and actually had to walk up hill

Mar 1, 2015, 7:33 PM

both ways in the snow. I was a 45 minute walk from campus, couldn't afford anything closer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Mar 1, 2015, 8:05 PM

OK, so last year yall got excited for NIT games, and this year you're having a hard time getting excited for a team about to enter the NIT?

Seems odd.

But otherwise, spend your time however you want. That's your choice. But you sound like a fool when you call out the players (who ARE trying to do something out there) in defense of your choice to do nothing and not attend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer ladees, based on your reaction to my original

Mar 1, 2015, 11:04 PM

post, I'm assuming you attend all of the women's basketball games as well.

LMAO what kind of an idiot goes after their own fan base like this?

Mar 2, 2015, 8:19 AM

This kid really is stupid, not even worth arguing with him anymore

True fans are there during good and bad, you're nothing

Mar 1, 2015, 11:16 PM

But a bandwagon loser. Typical of today's youth. Please don't come when we start winning, just stay home, No one wants bandwagon fans there, we want true fans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mad bro?***

Mar 2, 2015, 6:11 AM

That why you guys booed the team and stopped

Mar 2, 2015, 7:55 AM [ in reply to True fans are there during good and bad, you're nothing ]

supporting IPTAY during the Hatfield era?

Yeah, real loyal.

Every generation is critical of the older, using the common

Mar 2, 2015, 6:55 AM

term, "Old Farts."

In fact even at the ripe OLD age of 67, I still refer to Old Farts, albeit including myself. Yet, the given is the fact that soon enough the younger among us will wear the mantle and be Old Farts themselves, for the adage, "What goes around, comes around" will apply.

I don't have a habit of being overtly critical of our younger folks, as I have four grands - two boys, two girls, ages 13-24, and I've dealt with them all their lives. They think, act and speak differently. They believe themselves to be more equal with older folks than my generation did. They are distracted easily what with all the technological advances we enjoy. And if they do or don't want to be involved, they act as they wish rather than what we older folks may desire.

Flagging attendance at basketball games is due to many factors in my opinion - among them our product and distractions, much of which wasn't available in my day in the 60's. Clemson wears more of a cosmopolitan mantra now than then with a greater variety of students. Yet, I believe attendance to be a direct responsibility of the administration and student leaders, and if it lags, then someone needs to determine the causes and seek the remedies.

We've discussed administrative requirements; we haven't student responsibilities. If we can't fill student sections out of 18,000 students, then our Student Body President along with key student leaders needs to take action. Student leaders not only represent their particular organizations, but they represent Clemson. There is no reason nor excuse why those leaders can't rally their troops to fill seats. No reason nor excuse why they can't inculcate a loyalty that makes their membership want to support our programs.

Concurrently, product - a key ingredient of any successful program - is something I've dealt with for over 40 years as a business owner. Poor product will destroy any business, and thusly, our administration has the onus of doing whatever it takes to produce. While I read of efforts via multimillion dollar refurbishment of LJ, I truly hope this doesn't become more of the lipstick variety of effort common among many programs. That's because framework built upon shaky foundations is doomed to crumble, and I believe our basketball foundation has been weak since we initiated the sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You old fart, thanks for saying it better than I did.***

Mar 2, 2015, 7:06 AM

From an older Fart to a younger Fart: thanks...and may the

Mar 2, 2015, 8:14 AM

forces of fartdom be with you! lol

an honor to be treasured sir.***

Mar 2, 2015, 8:32 AM

it hasn't even been two years since I graduated

Mar 2, 2015, 8:13 AM

What a foolish post. "Not as many people had cars...peach baskets kept falling down...there's more to do now..."

Moron. My last two years in school the basketball team was worse than we are now. Didnt stop me from getting there early every game. Get over yourself

hahahahahahahaha! You're a 2 year grad jate? Dang

Mar 2, 2015, 8:31 AM

you are purty smart now! Even spelled moe ron right.

God you're annoying

Mar 2, 2015, 11:46 AM

"Good lawd" is a long running tigernet joke, much like "deer" or "sirius"

Nice try though. You're a terrible representation of Clemson, coming after alumni the way you are. Loser

Dang sweetheart, you need to stop taking yourself so

Mar 2, 2015, 11:53 AM

siruisly.

Dude, did you not learn rational, critical thought? You aren't even good at calling names.

I think we disagree, but you haven't done anything but call names. I am disappointed that you wasted your parents $$ and Clemson classroom space.

HTHIA.....

Mar 2, 2015, 12:11 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1445147

Also, funny how you are accusing me of lacking critical thinking skills/name calling when your original post was exactly that. Whatever. Read my post and maybe you'll see my stance.

Either way, I'm done with this. I hope you come out of clemson much less of a smug, egotistical brat than you are now.

Go tigers

It was so much fun yanking your chain. You bought it all

Mar 3, 2015, 10:50 AM

dang that was funny.

All criticism might be true, and you might be right also

Mar 3, 2015, 11:12 AM

but complaining about non-support will not get students to show up.
The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

Winning has always worked pretty well in getting Clemson students to show up.

But all you entitled, whiney, spolied brats should stay off my lawn!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic