Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1996 Clemson vs Scar Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,756

1996 Clemson vs Scar Game

Mar 1, 2015, 11:28 AM

Does anybody remember after the game one of the SCAR linebackers taking a cheap shot on one of our football staff and laying him out? I believe it was an equipment guy or something. I remember seeing it from the student section and directing a state trooper to the player, but nothing came of it. I believe the player had an issue before or after the incident where he got in trouble fighting with another student.

Any clue?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1996 Clemson vs Scar Game

Mar 1, 2015, 1:11 PM

He laid out an equipment manager when he cracked him in the head with his helmet. The kid who got smacked is a good friend of mine. We are both 1998 graduates. We still talk about it to this day.

Mar 1, 2015, 1:28 PM

Right! I wasn't crazy. He was on the SCAR sideline and when the game ended he started running to the middle of the field. As soon as he stepped on the field, the player was running up the sideline towards the Hill to taunt and clocked your boy. Laid him out. My brother grabbed the player (#7 or #17) and confronted him but the player was looking to scrap, so we backed off. Did anything ever come out of that?

Mar 1, 2015, 2:08 PM

At the time, my friend said that the school was going to pursue legal action on his behalf, but nothing ever came about. I know that he talked about pressing charges on his own, but again, nothing ever happened. I can't believe you remember this incident. It is a story that always makes it into my retelling of my days at Clemson!

Mar 1, 2015, 2:10 PM

It was my first taste of bad blood between the schools. My freshman year, my first SCAR game.

My bro and I talk about it all the time.

Do you remember the player?

Mar 1, 2015, 2:18 PM

Don't remember the player, but do remember my group of friends were all fired up. You are right, didn't really understand or appreciate the rivalry until this time. I was just a kid from up North who fell in love with a school down South. Had no real idea of the history. Of course, now my blood runs Orange! I may reach out to my buddy and see if he can recall the name of the player.

Mar 1, 2015, 2:23 PM

Where up North?

Mar 1, 2015, 5:22 PM

Outside of Cleveland, OH

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,756
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive