Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bottom line Blossomgame. BEAT Winthrop and Gardner Webb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Bottom line Blossomgame. BEAT Winthrop and Gardner Webb

Mar 1, 2015, 9:26 AM

And people would still have hope in making the tourney and would show up for the games. Next year, don't take anybody lightly and play every game like it is an elimination game, because for Clemson, it is

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bottom line Blossomgame. BEAT Winthrop and Gardner Webb

Mar 1, 2015, 9:31 AM

Jaron is spot on. If I was a student I would be at every sporting event. We have a pathetic excuse for a student body.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bottom line Blossomgame. BEAT Winthrop and Gardner Webb

Mar 1, 2015, 9:54 AM

I totally agree that most of the student body are pathetic. I praise the ones that show up for each game and support the players and represent Clemson. Clemson should be ALL IN, not in when they are winning. They should be there when they are winning or losing and support the team. I am tired of people posting that they would go to the games if the team was better and they win. To the ones that are criticizing the team is not good are actually criticizing the players. So next year give up posting and join the basketball team, then we all can go to the games, since we will have an undefeated team.

GO TIGERS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Some people have many options of things to do...

Mar 1, 2015, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Bottom line Blossomgame. BEAT Winthrop and Gardner Webb ]

I love sports like most of us here. That said, good luck on getting people to use their limited time, with multiple options of things to do, on a basketball game that doesn't matter. It's just common sense the place won't be rockin. Half of those kids were probably hungover to top it all off. You would have had to pay me to go to a meaningless game vs Gtech when I could watch it in the comfort of my home. I am sure many of the kids feel the same. The only real meaning to the game was to thank seniors for 4 mediocre years. I guess the students could have gone to the game out of duty, but out of excitement it is obvious why the place was dead. Shockingly, we will have a good team the year after next at home and the place will be packed. Go figure!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some people have many options of things to do...

Mar 1, 2015, 2:33 PM

Sounds like a bunch of pu$$ies.

"Hungover." Get that #### out of here, drink some water and eat something and you'll be fine.

True

Mar 2, 2015, 8:58 AM

They probably did do that and got drunk with their bros and some chicks. They just didn't do it before a meaningless basketball game. You think it would have been crowded if we were playing Gtech to make the tournament? i like your post though.

Agree that bad losses discourage. Disagree - student

Mar 1, 2015, 9:41 AM

and other fan support for a Saturday afternoon basketball game should be contingent upon only one thing "Are you a Clemson fan?" Certainly family or work issues may come into play. But Rationalizing or making other excuses is just sad.

couldnt agree more, well said***

Mar 1, 2015, 12:15 PM

This ^

Mar 1, 2015, 9:41 AM

^

Re: This ^

Mar 1, 2015, 3:06 PM

Another pathetic fair weather fan.

null

Mar 1, 2015, 3:15 PM

I think you need to look up the definition of a fair weather fan.

If he was one he wouldn't be here.

This is a message board where you discuss Clemson athletics. Everything isn't hunky dory.

Mar 1, 2015, 3:51 PM

He is saying he isnt going to games due to them losing games months ago that is the definition of fair weather. Sorry you arent very smart.

null

Bottom line go to the games support the team so BB can

Mar 1, 2015, 12:07 PM

recruit talent to win,do you think other coaches are telling recruits about our attendance,even the coots" who suck" have been beating us in attendance .& their recruiting is picking up.I don't want to see the day they own us in basketball like they do in baseball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that is a good point...

Mar 1, 2015, 12:41 PM

That's the best point made yet.

So what your saying is....

Mar 1, 2015, 12:13 PM

we should give up on our teams if they lose a bad game or two very early in the year...right...

Okay guys, don't go to anymore baseball games since we lost the opening series to a mediocre baseball team. No chance of making the CWS this year, pack it up. Might as well not play the rest of the season

2011 football team was down to Troy at halftime and only beat Wofford by 6. You saying the fans shouldn't have come out and watched us win the next 6 in a row?

Sorry, but this mentality is the definition of fair-weather fandom

Re: So what your saying is....

Mar 1, 2015, 12:50 PM

I think not making the tournament for so long is a major factor as well. I think it's deeper than 2 games. Those two games just reminded people that it was about to be another lost season with no tournament. March Madness is the bottom line for many. I was pretty thrilled with the way the team turned it around to an extent this year. I have serious hope for the next 2 years. It's going to be fun and fans will get excited again.

We probably aren't a CWS team this year, realistically

Mar 1, 2015, 1:14 PM [ in reply to So what your saying is.... ]

These last five years have worn my patience pretty heavily. I want Jack gone. I don't live near Clemson anymore, but if I did, it'd be tough for me to cough up the money to go see more of his average baseball teams.

Even when I was a student, there are so many other Clemson organizations to be involved with. You aren't any less of a Tiger for going and playing a club sport against other colleges instead of watching a scholarship sporting event. You still represent and support Clemson in both cases. Hell, we used to go back and forth with Georgia Tech, UGA, Auburn, Alabama, NC State in club rowing, cadence counts and all.

losing to a mediocre Withrop at home AND losing to

Mar 1, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to So what your saying is.... ]

Gardner Webb is simply unacceptable. One game slip up is one thing, but we are a Power 5 school in the ACC. You simply can not kill your season in that manner and expect fans to show up. Throw in early losses to coots and Rutgers and you have apathy. This is not year one under Brownell. And although it was a rebuilding year, last years team should have made the NCAA with KJ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: losing to a mediocre Withrop at home AND losing to

Mar 1, 2015, 3:48 PM

and loosing to POOR teams like Tech and FSU... simply no reason for either

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From '79 thru '84, as a student, enjoyed every hoops game

Mar 1, 2015, 1:15 PM

Never missed. Loved Clemson Hoops. Attended Clemson, as a stupid freshman, primarily to watch ACC basketball.

Still I find it hard to watch the current college basketball product with "one and done" for the highest quality players, the decline of the ACC, and the Tigers' eroding skill sets and style of play. It's a far inferior game than it used to be with Jordan, Sampson, Perkins. Worthy and hundreds of other talented players returning year after year.

To add fuel to the debate, some of our alums seem to be stating in so many words: "Current students, it is your job and your responsibility to watch Tiger basketball games whether you enjoy them or not." Alas, students seem to have a mind of their own. Players like Blossomgame and KJ deserve to be watched and supported ... we need more of them. I watched nationally televised Wichita State vs. Northern Iowa yesterday and the style of play, coaching and skill levels were far higher. We can do better. And it starts with coaching and recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bet if the stands were packed for the Winthrop game,

Mar 2, 2015, 9:44 AM

The Tigers wouldn't have lost. Then maybe the "hang over" from that game wouldn't have carried over to G-W...

The fans can make a difference in a games outcome by showing up - they can also make a difference by not showing up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Team success (and style) absolutely matter.

Mar 2, 2015, 10:05 AM

Just how much so is going to vary a lot from fan to fan or student to student, but it does matter. Larry Shyatt was the coach the entire time i was at CU and basketball games were something my friends and I just went to occasionally when we were all in the mood for it. Those games were far from can't-miss events. We went to more baseball games than basketball games.

Now if I had been a student for some of the later OP seasons i probably would've tried to make as many home games as possible. Those teams were just better, more talented, and played a much more appealing style of basketball. You can call me whatever you want, i honestly couldn't care less.

The other thing... I can guarantee you that if this team were averaging 10 more possessions and 15-20 more ppg there would be more people at the games - even if our record was identical to what it is now. Faster paced games with more scoring are just more appealing to fans. Right now we are 310th in tempo, 297th in ppg, 279th in fg %, and 312th in assists/g out of 351 D1 basketball programs.

I'm not advocating that we change our style just to put butts in seats, but if you think our offensive ineptitude doesn't factor into the low attendance you are just being naive.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic