Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jaron Blossomgame tweets about sorry student support..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Jaron Blossomgame tweets about sorry student support..

Feb 28, 2015, 5:43 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaronBgame/status/571772732825735168

Totally agree with him and it was senior day too. Will this wake up students to go to games? If not what will work:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaronBgame/status/571772732825735168

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jaron Blossomgame tweets about sorry student support..

Feb 28, 2015, 5:44 PM

in all fairness, jack was defending a 1 game streak against the coots today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt many students went to Greenville..

Feb 28, 2015, 5:46 PM

If they wouldn't cross the street to LJ...

Re: I doubt many students went to Greenville..

Feb 28, 2015, 5:48 PM

why would you want to be in doors when the wimmin' broke out the shorts today?

If anything hope his tweets wakes up....

Feb 28, 2015, 5:55 PM

The Clemson administation and AD. Need to change the attendance policy. Went south in OP's last season or two. Why can't students camp out for games and do stuff they used to do?

Re: If anything hope his tweets wakes up....

Feb 28, 2015, 5:58 PM

what does this have to do with women is shorts?

Dude, game is over at 2:30pm

Feb 28, 2015, 6:06 PM

Plenty of time to go outside and watch afterwards...

Re: Dude, game is over at 2:30pm

Feb 28, 2015, 6:08 PM

you obviously have never seen a coed pick out a thong wedgie in the noon day heat.

Re: Dude, game is over at 2:30pm

Feb 28, 2015, 6:38 PM

is that possible Balm?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's bad, but it's also bad to schedule the CU/SC baseball

Feb 28, 2015, 5:46 PM

game so close to the time of the basketball game. The fans were split today.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

i like Brownell and if I were there I'd go BUT

Feb 28, 2015, 6:09 PM

I can see how a lot of people wouldn't want to be bored to death by this team. I watch every game I can, but this team is just downright brutal at times trying to score. At least last year KJ was a big draw. Grind it out defensive teams with no real scoring capabilities are just hard to watch.

Re: i like Brownell and if I were there I'd go BUT

Feb 28, 2015, 6:38 PM

What if we had a top 15 team getting ready to go to the tournament? I bet the placed would be packed. Isn't it pretty common that most sports teams see attendance up when they are putting together great seasons? Gtech doesn't really draw the fans in either.

good thing you're not a UVa fan..."boring basketball", yet

Feb 28, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to i like Brownell and if I were there I'd go BUT ]

Prob a final 4 team.

Re: i like Brownell and if I were there I'd go BUT

Feb 28, 2015, 6:56 PM [ in reply to i like Brownell and if I were there I'd go BUT ]

Watching the second half today-I wondered how the even won a game at all. Couldn't get defensive rebounds and couldn't inbound the ball from under the basket. When they start playing real fundamental ball-then we don't turn out criticize all you want. These issues have plagued this team just like clutch hitting and pitching has plagued the baseball team for years.

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous

Feb 28, 2015, 8:42 PM [ in reply to i like Brownell and if I were there I'd go BUT ]

If this team had ANY semblance of offensive rotation, a real point-guard, and a couple of more consistent jump-shooters, you'd be singing the praises of this offense. Another poster in this thread hit the nail on the head - UVA plays a "boring" style of basketball, but they have players who can actually PLAY - so they win. And they play at a MUCH more consistent level.

I have no patience for any player who can come off a horrible near-collapse like today against a TERRIBLE team like GT and dare to blame the fans. This was on the coach and on the team. They got lazy in the second half and nearly lost to one of the worst basketball teams in ACC history, AGAIN.

I'm sick of the excuses. The program isn't going to go any further under this coach - new arena or no new arena. It's clear now. The best we'll do is .500 basketball and an NIT bid (if we're lucky). How much more do you need to see to come to the same conclusion?

He should learn that it isn't his place to call out his

Feb 28, 2015, 6:10 PM

fellow students....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: He should learn that it isn't his place to call out his

Feb 28, 2015, 6:12 PM

I dont mind, he is speaking the truth. It was more poor scheduling on the AD's end with regard to BBall senior day.

a guy who is going to a school for FREE to play a game

Feb 28, 2015, 6:17 PM

should never call out his fellow student body...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: a guy who is going to a school for FREE to play a game

Feb 28, 2015, 6:18 PM

it is not like he called them the worst student body in the ACC, ;)

Feb 28, 2015, 6:21 PM

That's the part I don't get. A school that has obviously given so much to him and he calls us the worst student body in the ACC? Get the ##### out of here with that BS.

Feb 28, 2015, 6:24 PM

was he not paying attention last week when they were at tech?

If you don't want it to be true, show up and cheer

Feb 28, 2015, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: a guy who is going to a school for FREE to play a game ]

One day, maybe our fans will be as badass as they used to be: http://www.blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/01/clemson-fan-throws-wakes-mcfar.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

were you at the game today?***

Feb 28, 2015, 10:07 PM

Re: He should learn that it isn't his place to call out his

Feb 28, 2015, 6:24 PM [ in reply to He should learn that it isn't his place to call out his ]

JB is 100% right. You would never see the Duke students sitting on their #### during any game. Same can be said of a lot of other venues. Perhaps that is why the really good players shun Clemson. Easy problem to fix IF the students cared!

Isn't it apples and oranges?

Feb 28, 2015, 6:34 PM

Or maybe it's what came first the chicken or the egg? I bet if we had Duke's basketball team LJ would be rockin. People get excited about exciting things obviously. Why would LJ be rockin this time of the year out of the tournament etc? I bet the year after next we have a great team in a new arena and LJ will be rockin almost always.

it is precisely his place.. he is the man in the arena

Feb 28, 2015, 10:02 PM [ in reply to He should learn that it isn't his place to call out his ]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

T. Roosevelt

he has every right to call out his fellow student

thanks nctigs.....its a sad commentary when the student body

Feb 28, 2015, 6:28 PM

and the remaining Clemson fans who didn't have tix for the baseball game couldn't get to Littlejohn to support the Tigers....the wifely and I had planned to come up for the basketball game, but some medical issues that arose this week forced us to delay the 4 hour drive.....I'm hoping to make it up for Tuesday's game against NCSt. and "the final game in LJ as we know it".......I spent a LOT of hours in there from the first game to the last and had some of the best moments of my life......

Its pathetic when college players start calling out the fans for lack of support. I imagine Coach Brownell didn't think much of the lack of support either.

Of course, its easier and cheaper to "lay on the couch" (as one poster stated he intended to do) and just bi*ch about the players and the coaches rather than actually make an effort to go to the games and offer real support.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2015, 8:33 PM

I went to the game today; I thought it was a decent crowd. It got fairly loud at the end whenever tech had possession

Feb 28, 2015, 8:40 PM

Our students have been pathetic for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 28, 2015, 8:45 PM

They'll come back when we start winning and they get better seats. The seating for the students is awful

Feb 28, 2015, 8:48 PM

I never missed a Basketball game from 03-07. I was forced to sit in those terrible seats as well.

2003 we were a very very bad Basketball team I dont remember our student section being as bad as it has been this year.

null

Feb 28, 2015, 8:56 PM

I understand it's always better when you are there but to tell you truth the students didn't show then either. My daughter was there.

Mickey used to dog the students for not showing back then. Now he's just give up.

If you win they will show and why get on the students when the high dollar crowd get the best seats and they don't show either.

Feb 28, 2015, 8:59 PM

"If you win they will show"

I agree with that part (See we can agree on things! jk)

IMO this whole season is different if we doing inexplicably lose to Winthrop and GWebb to start the year.

That deflated the already fickle student body from the start.

null

Same as what it was 5-7 years ago and students packed it out

Feb 28, 2015, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Jaron Blossomgame tweets about sorry student support.. ]

on both ends all the way to the top. Earned the reputation during that time as one of the toughest venues to play, and that was because of the students.

we need more Yankees in our student body...

Feb 28, 2015, 8:48 PM

We have more South Carolina resident students than at any point in our history. And all those southerners know one true sport. We need more Yankees that have been raised up on nba, snow and oatmeal...

That'll do it

Re: we need more Yankees in our student body...

Feb 28, 2015, 8:53 PM

I'll pass LOL

Funny coming from a guy who

Feb 28, 2015, 9:08 PM

Was a non factor in many games and missed allot of important free throws in big games.

Re: Funny coming from a guy who

Feb 28, 2015, 9:09 PM

you are a joke of a fan....

null

Your not a very intelligent person are you

Feb 28, 2015, 9:27 PM

Nm

Re: Your not a very intelligent person are you

Feb 28, 2015, 9:30 PM

I have a Clemson degree it says differently.

Sorry little buddy.

null

Feb 28, 2015, 9:34 PM

Losing to Gardner Webb and such will dampen enthusiasm. It is what it is

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic