Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am sick and tired of reading this in articles.............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,097

I am sick and tired of reading this in articles.............

Feb 28, 2015, 5:01 AM

"Clemson has an SEC mentality and SEC facilities -- but it plays an ACC schedule"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am sick and tired of reading this in articles.............

Feb 28, 2015, 5:09 AM

The first two claims do not even make sense . The latter claim is fact .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I am sick and tired of reading this in articles.............

Feb 28, 2015, 5:48 AM

It hurts Trailer Nation that they are pretty much a 2 trick pony at this point . Bammer and Awbarn are propping up the rest of them on an elite level ...second tier is LSU and UGa . The rest of them would be where they are in ANY other P5 conference . ESPN can spin that all they want , but its just obviously true.
Coots, UF , UT and Mizzou translate in ACC football terms into NCST , UNC , VT and Miami.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

reading this in articles.............

Feb 28, 2015, 6:10 AM

The B10 and the ACC are the last two national champions in football , and the SEC wasn't even in this years contest. Let the crying begin , but the SEC (pepper your angus ) may not even be the best football conference any more. They certainly haven't proven it to anyone in now just over 776 days ...which will grow to 1080+ days before they even have another opportunity to get into a position to try .
If you aren't doing it on the field , then all that talking is just talking . Something ESPiN is very good at.

DB23

their come out of nowhere NC conteneders got exposed in

Feb 28, 2015, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I am sick and tired of reading this in articles............. ]

the bowl game. Miss St lost to an ACC member that put up 49 points on em and Old Miss blown out by 39 points. sec sec bs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MFO, I understand your sentiments, but I just don't buy into

Feb 28, 2015, 7:03 AM

this "us against the world" thinking that a lot of good folks suggest.

Over the years sports' writers, coaches and others participating in polls have been willing to give Clemson its just due...when we have earned it...and vice versa. That requires us to be more realistic in our own self appraisals. Despite general dislike for FSU, they were able to participate in this past year's playoff because they earned it even though they "play an ACC schedule."

Hence, why I tend to ignore the rumblings and rantings of the so-called gurus whose livings are dependent upon their often ill-conceived notions of the "power" of programs. That leads to the oft repeated caveat: consider your sources before placing too much emphasis on their words.

By the way hope you and that fine boy of yours are doing well....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hartins....Goood morning. I enjoyed reading your reply. I

Feb 28, 2015, 7:36 AM

just wish the "inflating" of SEC sports, especially football, to the nation would stop. espn has made the sec their money making conference in football and they have invested time and money and must enhance the product. My thinking is that "we" and high school atheletes will grow tired of having the sec driven down our throats and turn against both sec and espn.

We are doing great!! He continues to amaze me and hopefully we can meet at a Clemson football game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MFO, I understand your sentiments, but I just don't buy into

Feb 28, 2015, 7:36 AM [ in reply to MFO, I understand your sentiments, but I just don't buy into ]

What a thoughtful and honest post.

I get twisted up a bit with all the SEC this/that, but history indicates the pundits give us love and often more than we desrve. Ever since we won the NC in 81 Clemson has shown up in the top 25 more than we had reason to expect. Also, we have to admit that even many of us have asserted that we are an SEC program in the wrong conference, that the SEC would have preferred us over USC, that Tobacco Road schools railroad us consistently in the ACC... And we've long attested to the fact that Clemson is one of the few "football first" schools in the ACC.

For years college football has been dominated by the Pac12, BIG and SEC. It is no slam to associate our ACC program with the SEC. We have to recognize too that while we have returned to a better position, FSU isnt what it used to be, Miami is nothing like it used to be, VT has waffled terribly and Louisville's history isnt very stong, Syracuse is nothing of the program it once was... So, slamming the ACC isnt without justification.

But the future is bright for us. GT has strung together some nice seasons, FSU hasnt fallen apart and I suspect VT will get it together. So, the ACC bashing will continue until we start getting in the playoffs and a few other teams in the conference are again noteworthy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"FlaSt isn't what it used to be"???

Feb 28, 2015, 8:51 AM

The Seminoles have lost exactly ONE game in the last two seasons, won a National Championship and played in last years NC game. They continue to recruit on a Top 5 level more years than not.

I agree with much of what you say, but FlaSt, fortunately or unfortunately, continues to be FlaST.

And as for Clemson being pre-season overranked since the '81 NC, I agree the Tigers have not been the consistent program they were from the late 70's to the early '90's, but as those mis-ranked seasons wore on, the Tigers, like water, generally fell to the appropriate level.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MFO, I understand your sentiments, but I just don't buy into

Feb 28, 2015, 7:46 AM [ in reply to MFO, I understand your sentiments, but I just don't buy into ]

I guess my real issue with it is "they play an ACC schedule". That is like girl telling me how nice looking I am and how much she really likes me "BUT". I understand we need to start beating other schools in better conferences more consistantly to build our reputation. It'll happen.

I done with it now! ;)

I agree, those unnecessary comparisons do get tiresome.....

Feb 28, 2015, 8:43 AM

perhaps if the rest of the SEC teams would start scheduling ACC schools as OOC opponents instead Div VIII schools like ULaLa, Arkansas-Fort Smith, Mississippi-Yazoo City, and Alabama-Selma, they'd be more highly considered.....you know last season, UGa played Clemson & GaTech (and went 1-1), usuck played Clemson (and went 0-1), Florida played FlaSt (and went 0-1), Kentucky played Louisville (and went 0-1).....oh,....maybe THATS why SEC schools don't play an ACC schedule

Clemson has never shied away from playing any SEC school that would schedule us. But it seems some SEC schools (not all) seem reluctant to play home-and-home games with really quality teams....perhaps being fearful of playing quality OOC teams is what makes that SEC schedule so tough....and keeps them ranked so artificially high in the polls

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and many of us keep forgetting.....

Feb 28, 2015, 9:00 AM

very mediocre VaTech beat OhioSt (somehow)....the Buckeyes won the National Championship and had to beat some SEC school from Tuscaloosa in the playoffs to do so

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,097
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic