Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overton "I really love Clemson" (article inside)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,594

Overton "I really love Clemson" (article inside)

Feb 27, 2015, 1:58 PM

WR Diondre Overton (6-5 195) of Greensboro, NC is one of the top two sport athletes in North Carolina. As a receiver last season for Page High School, Overton had 61 catches for 1187 yards and 11 touchdowns. And this basketball season he’s averaging 14 points per game.

Overton would like to play both sports in college, at least for his freshman season, before deciding on one sport full time. But only Virginia Tech has offered him for both sports at this point meaning football likely will be his ultimate choice.

Overton attended Clemson’s junior day last month and right now he has the Tigers and NC State at the top of his list.

“I really love Clemson,” Overton said. “I went there on junior day and it was a good time. My family loved it. They showed me it was a great place for me, an at home environment. They way they do their wide receivers, they have a lot, so it’s a rotation but they said I’d get a lot of touches, that’ I’d be a great fit. It’s the new Wide Receiver U.”

Overton also has an offer from USC but has yet to visit. He has been in touch with Gamecock recruiter Deke Adams.

“They have a great reputation football wise,” he said. “I like how they’ve put a name out there for themselves.”

Overton also has offers from NC State, East Carolina, Old Dominion, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke, Louisville, West Virginia, Boston College, Tennessee and Kentucky.

He had planned to visit Tennessee last weekend but the weather kept him at home. He’s been to NC State several times. He has not yet been to Clemson for a football game.

Overton said the Clemson football staff has talked to Brad Brownell about his basketball opportunities there and he was told that he would got a shot with the basketball team. This summer Overton hopes to land more basketball offers thru his AAU performance.

He plans to make is decision during or after his football season. He is not graduating early so he can play his senior season of basketball.

http://www.independentmail.com/orange-and-white/4-star-wr-diondre-overton-i-really-love-clemson

What I have on Overton;

WR- Diondre Overton 6-5 195
Greensboro, NC Page HS Offered on 12-8-14. Also a basketball prospect. Has a 32" Vert, 225 bench, and 325 squat. Being recruited by Jeff Scott and Danny Pearman. Recently attended Junior Day 15'. Has early offers from CU, VT, Duke, ECU, NCSU, and UNC. In 2014, he had 70 catches for 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns. "I know that they have a good history of putting wide receivers in the NFL," he said. "I know it's a good program and I like their offense. I think I kind of favor some of Clemson's former receivers like Martavis Bryant and Sammy Watkins. I remember that Sammy had a couple of touchdowns of over 90 yards." Also, Overton is friends with both Cornell Powell and TJ Chase...“We [Chase and Powell] all communicated about it,” Overton told TigerNet. “We talked a lot about the Wide Receiver U thing, so we’re all trying to come to a decision. I grew up with Cornell when I was in Greenville so I already knew him.” Good to know.

For video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4198067/diondre-overton

Basketball dunk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OHzyz1Wyg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i luved a lot of beautiful women in my life...

Feb 27, 2015, 2:02 PM

they only let me divorce juan at a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs of these beautiful women?

Feb 27, 2015, 2:04 PM

TIA in advance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

newb will be

Feb 27, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to i luved a lot of beautiful women in my life... ]

crushed

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Why?

Feb 27, 2015, 2:06 PM

was Te'o's girl one of DSP's exes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

as long as dsq doesn't get tire tracks in the yard...

Feb 27, 2015, 2:07 PM

he should be fine

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Funny..Coot FB has done a lot & put their name out there!...

Feb 27, 2015, 2:21 PM

Geez..beat mighty CLEMSON 5 straight (42-66 all-time)..beat #1 Bama (give em credit there)..beat UGa about even..beat average bowl teams..won only one SECeast and got blown out in the SECchampionship...only 1 Conference Championship flag to fly in its history of playing (lowly ACC)..etc.

Yes, Coach Spur has gotten them going (finally) from 100 years of below .500 ball..and hit the lottery with some very good players who did their job..bringing in quality coaches & selling his expertise..building on an already rabid fan base (and yes, they are great fans; 1-21 proved that)..improving on facilities..etc.

And Yes..this young recruit may be 100% right when I think about it more..since SC has done a lot the past 5-7 years & gotten their Brand out there pretty good. Let's see how that works out when things seem to be on a bit of a slide talent-wise and the HC "will be" retiring in 1-2 years..imo.

GoTiGERS..keep winning Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny..Coot FB has done a lot & put their name out there!...***

Feb 27, 2015, 2:27 PM

it appears bill's gf slipped some vodka

Feb 27, 2015, 2:29 PM

in his vodka again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No wonder it's so clear.....***

Feb 27, 2015, 2:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

newb's young, he'll...

Feb 27, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to newb will be ]

photo tumblr_inline_ngzwt70KtX1qzwlt4_zpslnn26y2l.gif

These said women, are they 5* prospects or

Feb 27, 2015, 2:14 PM [ in reply to i luved a lot of beautiful women in my life... ]

2* sleeper pickups with plenty of upside? I knew juan who really liked the "post" pattern if ya catch my drift.

5*s, i like signing day surprises; lbu goes big early...

Feb 27, 2015, 2:27 PM

so we don't have to.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,594
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic