Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what if they remove the rock and place it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 561

So what if they remove the rock and place it

Feb 26, 2015, 9:23 PM

in the museum portion of DV in the off season? People can still see it during visiting hours, you only need one guard which I'm sure would be there anyway. It'd be a heck of a lot harder to break into a building and damage/steal something after hours and nobody would probably touch it if others are around in broad daylight. I'm sure this idea has been mentioned but I honestly see no reason to leave it out in an area during hours where very few if any people will appreciate it.

Also, I noticed some didn't like the idea of a replica rock. Well, if the museum area is a no, then I wouldn't mind having a replica rock to replace it that NONE of you know about. If it looks exactly the same and none of you can tell the difference, then what difference does it make? Would you seriously lose sleep over something like this in the off season?

As for when the season starts, the rock can be transported to a more secure location after hours and replaced there at daybreak. If a contraption is made to where it can be easily transported on some sort of hand truck, then I don't see how this is a problem. It'll literally take someone 20 minutes a day to do something like this. Can the grounds crew not be trusted with this task? Clemson ROTC? Or like some have suggested, sink into an area in the ground; however, I highly doubt that happens. It'd be embarrassing as #### to have it fail to rise on a game day or have some mechanical malfunction...we don't need that voodoo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..use a hydraulic system to raise it.....

Feb 26, 2015, 9:26 PM

..but have a hand crank backup system like for the wheels on an American WWII bomber if the former fails......:).....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 561
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic