Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one who thinks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,990

Am I the only one who thinks

Feb 12, 2015, 5:16 PM

This year's baseball team will be good?

I think this team has tremendous team speed. I like the pitching. I know loosing goose is tough but I think the staff is deeper now.

I think we're in for a good season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a different attitude, but.....

Feb 12, 2015, 5:26 PM

Starting SS Eli White hit .143 in limited duty last season. Weston Wilson will play third and hit .240. Chase Pinder is at second and a freshman. Andrew Cox hit .150 last season and he will play first. Still a question of Krieger getting healthy. Questions in the bullpen to begin the season. I really want to see where the runs are coming from - right now there isn't a player in the lineup that would scare the opposition other than Duggar and maybe Okey. But that's why we play the games - I am kind of excited to see how it all works out and if some of these youngsters can play.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a different attitude, but.....

Feb 12, 2015, 5:33 PM

I think the pressure to win was tremendous last year.

Those guys you just mentioned are/were very highly thought of coming out of high school. The speed of the game and adjusting to the college game are night and day for most kids between year 1 and 2.

I full expect this team to play loose this year and think defensively we have a shot at being much improved.

maybe it's orange glasses.... but I think this team has alot of potential.

Feb 12, 2015, 6:55 PM

What flavor of Gatorade are you drinking? Tiger BB will be terrible this season. Can you say "Goodbye Jack"?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2015, 5:36 PM [ in reply to There is a different attitude, but..... ]

I want to add one more thing and I know alot of people don't put much stock into what im about to say...... but I think the football team winning this past year vs the coots " subconsciously " is a mental hurdle the university needed to get past.

The past 5 previous seasons put pressure on ALL sports to win vs the coots.....thus, IMO..... beating the coots in a series could sling shot this team for a good year.

Feb 12, 2015, 7:09 PM [ in reply to There is a different attitude, but..... ]

What is a "loosing goose"? Never heard of such a thing.

Feb 28, 2015, 7:37 AM

Goodness........Clearly a typing error.

Thank God for the grammar police. Where would this world be without you guys?

Feb 28, 2015, 7:44 AM

In fairness, he probably doesn't know who Goose was to decipher the typo. Most of the loudest critics of our baseball program don't actually follow Clemson baseball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one who thinks

Feb 12, 2015, 8:24 PM

sounds like you listened to wccp from 1.00 pm to 3.00 with philpot and the clemson coaches and some players.i hope you are correct.

Feb 12, 2015, 8:32 PM

Pitching will be good on the weekends but too much small ball and not enough power. They should be better than last season tho.

Feb 28, 2015, 7:35 AM

This team is much improved overall from last season. I thought they would be.

Let's win this series and beat the coots in Greenville!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2015, 7:52 AM

There is still a lot of ball to play this weekend - much less this season, but I certainly liked last night. Also, the team actually has a much easier schedule this year. We avoid Virginia and Miami in the regular season. UNC and FSU have shown some early season vulnerability. This team could rack up a lot of wins this year. Winning this series would go a long way to getting their heads right and burying the stress of the last few seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,990
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic