Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Diondre Overton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,076

Diondre Overton

Feb 11, 2015, 9:39 AM

Diondre Overton is an athlete. I think he may be able to run the fade pretty<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/OUjP2qhi7eK" frameborder="0"<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/OjBEZLrYzie" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Diondre Overton

Feb 11, 2015, 9:48 AM

Well, that didnt work very well...

Actual Links that work

Feb 11, 2015, 9:53 AM

This is much better.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9BEBAACDE41176770487079325696_3a3eddaf30c.1.5.2771032987943172443.mp4

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F73384C4501167601047272140800_35090d48dae.1.5.2062734078091513316.mp4

Feb 11, 2015, 10:36 AM

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4198067/highlights/198128376/v2

Think this show how good of a football player he is. He is a sure fire 5 star.

Feb 11, 2015, 10:58 AM

My word. He looks so much like Calvin Johnson it's scary.

Cris Ard once told me, "if the guy's a real five-star, my wife - who hates football - can spot him." I think even a little old lady from Topeka who had never watched a football game in her life would spot that one. Dude doesn't jump off the field at you, he stands about two feet over it just walking out of the huddle. Then he gets the ball in his hands and is just plain gone.

Yeah, that's a 5-star.

Feb 11, 2015, 11:05 AM

Plexico burress He doesn't have the speed Johnson has. Johnson is the most talented wr to play football in the last 10 years or so. Don't see him on that level yet but he is an NFL wr no doubt.

Feb 11, 2015, 11:36 AM

> Plexico burress He doesn't have the speed Johnson
> has. Johnson is the most talented wr to play
> football in the last 10 years or so. Don't see him
> on that level yet but he is an NFL wr no doubt.

I disagree...completely. Overton was just jogging away from people. His film, if anything, looks better than Johnson's did coming out of high school - and trust me, I saw it - I posted in 2004 (well before Johnson had ever taken his first college snap) that Johnson was the "biggest, fastest wide receiver I have ever seen in my life" and I was concerned about him then just because he was such a physical mismatch for anybody. We all remember what that 2004 debut for Johnson looked like against Clemson.

Overton ain't Plexico Burress. Overton is an absolute mutant, and a guy who's a Top-10 or more likely Top-5 pick in the draft if he plays to his ability, stays healthy, and doesn't get The Big Head. The recruiting services may complicate things because they do tend to overthink them, but Overton is easily - easily - the #1 WR recruit this year and probably of the last 5 years or so unless there's off-the-field stuff we don't know about yet.

Just how smooth the kid is, and how he naturally tracks and high-points the ball...wow. He doesn't fight the ball at all. Combined with that size....

I'd hope for an early commit with this kid, or there's going to be national attention all over him. There just aren't many like this one. He looks like one of those Custom Players you'd build in that NCAA Football game that EA ain't making anymore, one of those guys that just doesn't exist in real life. The most recent comparison is that kid from Glades who went to FSU a couple years back, Kelvin Benjamin, but Overton is at least an inch or two taller and looks notably faster in the open field. And Benjamin did have some off-the-field issues, like a lot of guys from Glades.

I really want this guy. Getting him and Feaster in one class would be like signing Calvin Johnson and CJ Spiller...the same year.

Feb 11, 2015, 12:39 PM

I agree I have been saying he is my number one for awhile, but come on Calvin Johnson ran a 4.3 at the combine at 6'4. Hope the kid does turn out to be that good. He is more like a Mike Williams on steroids. Bigger stronger faster.

Feb 11, 2015, 12:42 PM

4.3 after college and training for that one track event at the combine. This kid could get there.

Feb 11, 2015, 12:45 PM

Dunno if he's running a 4.3, but Overton definitely looks sub-4.5 to me.

That kid is just a frightening physical mismatch. I literally don't know how you'd cover him.

Feb 11, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Diondre Overton ]

He could but I don't think out right speed is his game. He is no doubt a 5 star but I don't see 4.3 combine in him. I have been posting about him for about 2 months now, but really who thinks plexico wasn't a stud. Guy was a top 5 wr in the NFL at one point.

Feb 11, 2015, 3:40 PM

strange that neither RIVALS or 247 has this guy ranked at all. not by position, not nationally and not even by state. just seems weird as good as his film is....

Feb 11, 2015, 4:14 PM

Scout has him at 158 and the 247 Composite has him at 138 and a 0.9369. He doesn't have a 247 or Rivals, so where are the other rankings coming from?

http://www.scout.com/player/8262814n-diondre-overton

I've never had a super strong grasp at what the 247 Composite is. Any ideas?

Interesting that Scout has him ranked ahead of Powell(194) and Chase(203). They seem to be high on him.
http://www.scout.com/topic/players?position=%22Wide%20Receiver%22®ion=%22South%22&category=%22Football%20Recruiting%22&league=%22HS%22&classYear=2016&type=players&start=0

Also, I didn't know that his brother is a linebacker at East Carolina and had offers from South Carolina and NC State. Interesting.

Feb 11, 2015, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Diondre Overton ]

> strange that neither RIVALS or 247 has this guy
> ranked at all. not by position, not nationally and
> not even by state. just seems weird as good as his
> film is....

He's relatively "new". He didn't play football before this past year and nobody knew about him. Clemson found him first, and offered him first. Now the recruiting rush is on.

We're in a good spot, but there's going to be serious competition for this kid. Tennessee in particular wants him real bad and Butch Jones is recruiting like Phil Fulmer with a Brinks truck these days, so that's always a concern.

What would be a concern for everybody else is that the wide receivers Clemson wants, Clemson tends to get lately.

did 2012 teach you how to link?

Feb 11, 2015, 11:06 AM

seems like it

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,076
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic