Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elite Class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,834

Elite Class

Feb 1, 2015, 4:03 PM

The biggest advantage that Alabama, Ohio State and FSU have is that they can be very selective. When they have a need, they recruit a top 10 player at that position. I believe Clemson is on its way to this type of recruiting. Hopefully with the small numbers, we are very selective and take the best players available at each position for the 2016 class. Seems like everyone wants to jump onboard, but I'm sure Dabo is hand selecting the recruits that can commit. Just hope that some of the grey shirt recruits turn out to be stars cause they could be taking a 4 stars spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude we already there***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:31 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: This***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:53 PM

Yeah I figure on about 17-18 for 2016. Wouldn't be surprised to see that balloon to 20.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We're already there,the 2016 class will not be as small

Feb 1, 2015, 4:13 PM

as some believe. We graduate 12, as many as 3 could leave early(Hopper,Williams,Lawson,Boulware, just to name a few),that's 15. With attrition of another 3-5(grades,playing time,behavior, ect),we'll be taking 18-20.

and 18-20 is fairly small.....***

Feb 1, 2015, 5:12 PM

if Hopper & Boulware leave early, they'll be

Feb 1, 2015, 5:40 PM [ in reply to We're already there,the 2016 class will not be as small ]

starting up their own Jack-in-the-Box franchise.

I don't believe that any of the four you mentioned have yet put up the numbers necessary to think about leaving early, with the sole possible exception of Williams. And for him to leave early, he'd better put up a 1300-yard, 80-reception, 12-TD kind of year; which is to say passing Sammy and Nuk by....

And forecasting a monster year coming for Hopper is fine - it's just that he ain't 6'5" nor as fast as Tay Bryant was. I think he'd better stay his full 2 more years and try to outshine some numbers himself as a Senior.

As for Lawson - dang the dude hasn't even started yet. wth? Yes, he had a Prep year, but by all accounts Vic Beasley did himself right by coming back this year and putting up like numbers from his last two - especially given the number of double-teams he saw. Likewise, I think little Shaq better hold his horses if he wants a "career" and not a one-time contract.

Stay in school, get the degree, learn the work ethic, set yourself apart with some dominant numbers on a Top 10 team.

Why are people pushing these kids out the door with time still on their side?

Before saying things like this, people really need to look at what is going on in the NFL with the other D-linemen that Clemson has put out lately. D Bowers has somewhat underwhelmed. A Branch is getting decent playing time and seems like he'll stick. B Thompson was a Grady Jarrett clone for disrupting the middle here, but he's just now started to work himself into the rotation full-time. J Jenkins has been hurt yes, but he like Thompson has not stepped right in to a starting spot when healthy. M Goodman js getting playing time but still has a lot to prove in the league.

You're going to tell me that Lawson is better than any or all of those guys? He better have a 7-10 sack kind of year plus dominating the run game to even think along those lines.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,834
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic