Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Future of Clemson football......thoughts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

The Future of Clemson football......thoughts?

Feb 1, 2015, 3:46 PM

Despite what some may think (lol) I've been doing this recruiting thing for a long time now, and this is as exciting a time as I can remember. You take a look at the talent already on campus, the talent coming in and the excitement surrounding this program and the future is as bright as I can remember.

We've had fun around here the last four or five years - four consecutive 10-win seasons and big bowl wins over historically dominant programs - but we are getting ready to take this thing to another level. I told you I spoke to Dabo Swinney in the tunnel yesterday, and even though he is usually amped up he was even more so yesterday. He is given to hyperbole at times, yes, but he really believes this team is going on a run of ACC titles and playing for the natty title.

Good times are coming folks, and I only have one piece of advice: Enjoy every single second.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Future of Clemson football......thoughts?

Feb 1, 2015, 3:48 PM

The foundation is set, now it's time to bring in the hardware.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has to be the POTD***

Feb 1, 2015, 3:49 PM

Re: This has to be the POTD***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:09 PM

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 3:54 PM

Fine job David. Thanks a ton. I've only been active a few months but always enjoy your information that I know I can rely on. It's gonna be a great run for the coming years.
Go TIGERS!!

Feb 1, 2015, 3:54 PM

Agree. The future looks bright and you can feel it in the air. The recruits can feel it too.

Success breeds success***

Feb 1, 2015, 3:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you get to that one yard line, everyone has to keep

Feb 1, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The Future of Clemson football......thoughts? ]

on knocking.

Feb 1, 2015, 3:55 PM

We are getting spoiled, TJ Chase is yet another great one waiting to happen here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like opening a bag of M&M's and finding out they are all

Feb 1, 2015, 4:06 PM

Chocolate - It's all good!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Feb 1, 2015, 4:10 PM

I agree with you. I am also proud of the way our team has accomplished this. Our players have been focused and great young men who are good ambassadors for Clemson. Dabo and the entire Athletic dept have created a good atmosphere where parents of players and the players themselves feel secure, welcome and opportunity. Clemson has accomplished this with class.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 1, 2015, 4:12 PM

"enjoy every second of it" exactly what I told my friends during the early eighties. The dynamics of this game are in a state of flux. Just look at usuc, they were on top of the world about a year ago and things are pretty dark in chicken town right now.

Feb 1, 2015, 5:42 PM

Any specific dynamics come to mind?

Coots & Dabo Hater R not gonna like this LOL***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:15 PM

Thanks DH, keep this stuff coming!***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:30 PM

WE TOO DEEP***

Feb 1, 2015, 4:39 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 1, 2015, 4:41 PM

Let's all remember this one thing. NONE of this would be happening with Dabo Swinney. All of this starts at the top. There were so many who were going nuts when the hire was made.

I was privileged to be sitting in TDP box during the SC game in 2008 when Dabo was the interim. I can tell you for a fact that it was the toughest decision that TDP made.

He was in a choice of this: "Do we take the chance now and hire him and give him a chance at Clemson or do we let him leave and hire a "proven guy." If he leaves and builds another program can we get him to come back at Clemson? If we hire him now and he has a bad year or two people will go after him and he is one guy who doesn't deserve it, given what he has done at Clemson as a wide receiver coach and in the community."

I think TDP made the BEST hire for Clemson University.

Let me repeat: None of this would be happening without Dabo at the top. He had the vision from day one and it has proven out to be the best hire Clemson University has ever made. And yes, I was around for the Danny Ford years, and I love the man, but as far as the overall program, this was simply the BEST hire ever.

Feb 1, 2015, 4:59 PM

I think you meant "without" in your first sentence.

Feb 1, 2015, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The Future of Clemson football......thoughts? ]

Our feathered "friends" from that school in the midlands have had such a fun time at the expense of our cheerleader coach. They're kinda like a kid that craps his pants now, kinda quiet with a weird look on their faces. The writing is on the wall for all to see, Dabo will take us to a place that usuc can't even dream of. Our coach: young, bright, articulate, their coach: an old ball sack!

Feb 1, 2015, 5:20 PM

I would say good times are here, and even better times are coming. As things stand now, only Clemson can stop Clemson in my opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Feb 1, 2015, 6:08 PM

I agree with that. I also believe Dabo will not let Clemson down. He will give his all.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 1, 2015, 5:36 PM

I think so. All we needed was the oculus. When we have that look out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen many on this board go from

Feb 1, 2015, 5:49 PM

Dabo haters to Dabo doubters to Dabo we'll see……. I guess after the titles we'll hear how they were behind him along or not hear from them at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 5:49 PM

Yes sir Mr Hood. Agree completely!!! This program is reaching higher levels than any of our enemies want to admit and Dabo has proven a man of solidity and integrity. I would not trade our staff for any other in the country. Patience is a virtue that is now proving itself. Thanks to Coach Swinney and our entire coaching staff for their vision, plan and hard work; our players for their dedication and relentless effort; our recruits for believing in it and committing to this great university and thanks to you for staying on the beat and keeping us up to speed on it all. Its great to be a Clemson Tiger!!!!!

One of the best parts of next season will be when the clock

Feb 1, 2015, 5:54 PM

comes to all 0s on Nov 28th. Them coots can watch us in the playoffs and witness us bringing home the title. It'd make that 5 game streak worth it...why? B/c while we're holding that trophy, that's all and I mean ALL they have to cling to LOL!

Hayull Yeah!***

Feb 1, 2015, 6:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 2, 2015, 10:04 PM

If we play for and win the Natty. The first best feelings for me will be seeing Dabo and our team holding up that National Championship trophy, and that could even be 1st, 2d, and 3d best thing. But the second best feelings for me will be knowing how absolutely shocked every coot that has said negative awful things about Dabo when they look at the scoreboard when we play and win the biggest game since 1982. They are going to be the sickest they have ever been if they weren't around for the first Natty win we had. I cried like a small child when we won the Natty in 1982. I've gotten much older and a little more emotional now. I'm thinking that the tears I shed back then was just warming up for the next one we win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You slow? You seem slow. I've been saying it for 3 years ;~)***

Feb 2, 2015, 11:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic