Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know Feaster has another year of HS...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I know Feaster has another year of HS...

Feb 1, 2015, 11:23 AM

but do you think he'll avoid a RS and play immediately with Dye, Gallman, Fuller, Choice and Van Smith on the roster (barring injury or some unforeseen discipline issue)?

I expect Dye, Gallman, Choice and maybe even Fuller to be workhorses and impact players by the time Feaster arrives on Campus. Just wondering if you guys would think there would be any need in RSing Feaster if all these RBs remain healthy and eligible.

Also, are we in the mix for any other big time RBs in the near future? I love me some Feaster but it'd be nice to have them stacked like UGA in case one goes down...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster is the #1 RB in the 2016 class

Feb 1, 2015, 11:30 AM

Yes, he will play. He will play a lot. Depends on if he is an early enrollment or not to predict if he starts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster is the #1 RB in the 2016 class

Feb 1, 2015, 11:34 AM

Im thinking Van Smith will end up in the secondary. Gallman, Choice will be juniors. Fuller? I dont know what to expect from him. The thing is, by the time Feaster does get in, our OL will be very good, DW will be a Junior, Cain and McCloud will be sophs, and Feaster may not be the "featured" weapon, but one that will get a lot of carries. Knock on wood, we have NO expectations of everyone being healthy at the same time come mid season of any year. Case in point this year, Choice, Blanks, DW, and in the past years Charone Peake. Can never have enough talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know Feaster has another year of HS...

Feb 1, 2015, 11:32 AM

Regardless of how those other players develop, Feaster would be the most talented rb the moment he steps foot on campus. Barring injury, I really doubt he would red shirt.

Is Van Smith considered a RB or DB? I thought he was a safety.

Feb 1, 2015, 11:35 AM

Yes he'll play, he already is 190 lbs plus, and he has the one thing all those backs down speed. He can go 80 yards on any play we don't have that right now.

Van Smith will play safety not running back.

I hear you - but FeastMode is a playmaking machine -

Feb 1, 2015, 11:35 AM

Id doubt a redshirt - course predicting something literally 19 months away is a bit of a stretch. Will be fun to keep up with Sburg next year. It was a one man show for them in the playoffs this year and he was still hobbled a bit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think we need to recruit another big time rb

Feb 1, 2015, 11:36 AM

Assuming we get Feaster. Choice will still be here, Gallman will still be here, Dye will most likely still be here. I think we should pursue another big time RB in 17 but if Feaster does commit, i think we will be done with RB for the 2016 class unless someone transfers, etc.

Re: I don't think we need to recruit another big time rb

Feb 1, 2015, 11:40 AM

I assure you. After this season, a RB WILL transfer.

Feb 1, 2015, 11:44 AM

Well, not sure sure about that. Cant see any of them transferring out. Like we say everyday, playing at Clemson is a journey, and what you get out of it is more than just carries. Of all of them, IF one did transfer, Id guess it would be Fuller.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 11:50 AM

I see one of them switching to defensive backfield.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 11:53 AM

He will get a shot from the get go and what I have seen of him. There is no way he sits for one second.

how is his pass blocking?***

Feb 1, 2015, 11:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

reasonably good question - cause he is generally

Feb 1, 2015, 12:07 PM

running with it or catching it. - no matter what, the opposing D will have to assign a man to him if hes in the game - just too fast and quick lateral movement to leave open - if you miss him on the first try - its game on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When he steps on the field, they will know it is running

Feb 1, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to how is his pass blocking?*** ]

play. People will pay just to see that kid take off.

Re: how is his pass blocking?***

Feb 1, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to how is his pass blocking?*** ]

Prolly not that good he will be in the flats catching passes also

Feb 1, 2015, 12:09 PM

Recruiting at the level we are, redshirts will not be the norm for the high level recruits. You will only have them three years, so let them play.

We keep most of them for four years***

Feb 1, 2015, 1:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be surprised if Swinney changed focus

Feb 1, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I know Feaster has another year of HS... ]

And didn't work to keep as many in school and getting diplomas as possible. If you ain't 1st round....and even some of the best at FBS level are not always a sure thing in the draft, much less first round.

he most definitely will play freshman year***

Feb 1, 2015, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 2:00 PM

If he's as good as expected there is no way he redshirts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic