Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elite junior day nuggets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Elite junior day nuggets

Jan 31, 2015, 5:39 PM

Just got home from the basketball game, and have some elite junior nuggets to pass along. I will start with one former recruit - Jalen Williams. If you remember, I raved about Williams when he participated at Dabo's summer camp in 2013, and I thought he outworked stars like Raekown McMillan and others. He wound up getting a grayshirt offer from Clemson and is now on campus. I was standing up in the concourse talking to one of the coaches when Jalen walked by....the coach just smiled and said, "we got lucky with that one." Williams looks like he is in the 230-235 pound range, and he looks like he has grown two inches since I last saw him. He will be one to watch in the spring, and if he gets any bigger we might see him at DE ala Elvis Dumervil....should be fun to watch.

*Tavien Feaster did indeed show up, and I've been texting back and forth. We will have more on his visit later. Feaster's dad Terrance sat with Tony Elliott during much of the hoops game.

*Clemson extended and offer to Jack DeFoor, a 2016 OT out of Calhoun (GA) Calhoun. The 6-5, 260-pounder's biggest offer before today was Cincinnati.

*I walked into the tunnel underneath Littlejohn and saw head coach Dabo Swinney, and I kidded him about his "boring January" with all of the commits already in line. He smiled and said it's been the busiest January he can remember, and he said he saw more junior prospects in Jan than maybe all previous Januarys combined.

*Defensive coordinator Brent Venables sat with Newnan (Ga.) Northgate linebacker Jamie Skalski and with Hampton (Va.) Phoebus corner Robbie Robinson. I saw Robinson in camp and really liked him.

*From all accounts, junior WR Cornell Powell had a good time on his visit. We've been texting and should have a story on him later. He didn't commit, but the Tigers look to still be his leader.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elite junior day nuggets

Jan 31, 2015, 5:42 PM

Thanks David.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really like the Feaster tidbit and his pops with Elliott....

Jan 31, 2015, 5:48 PM

Any word on whether the IMG boys are having a good time? Thanks great stuff David....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really like the Feaster tidbit and his pops with Elliott....

Jan 31, 2015, 5:49 PM

Seems like everybody was having a good time

Do those taste anything like "Elite chicken nuggets?"

Jan 31, 2015, 5:48 PM

TIAIA

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2015, 5:53 PM

Thanks for the nuggets! I hope and pray your surgery goes off without a single hitch!

Great stuff. Appreciate the updates as always.***

Jan 31, 2015, 5:56 PM

I hope you bring nothing but sunshine and rainbows on

Jan 31, 2015, 6:00 PM

your Feaster report

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Having to work on a Saturday...

Jan 31, 2015, 6:02 PM

Hanging out in God's Country watching BBall and texting recruits.

Tough job you have Mr. David HoodSteele.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having to work on a Saturday...

Jan 31, 2015, 6:56 PM

JohnFBell It's a tough job, and no one wanted it so they made me take it

Just a question

Jan 31, 2015, 6:16 PM

Do you think the coaches would rather have as much of the recruits' attention, when they're on campus, or Clemson reporters texting back and forth with them?

Could contact be more beneficial after they leave campus?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Just a question

Jan 31, 2015, 6:58 PM

Country Gentleman I never said we texted them on campus. It's a junior day, so most of them had left (if not all) by the time we left Littlejohn. And sometimes that's the best time to get them, while the visit is still fresh in their minds. Have to stay ahead of the game with these youngsters

Re: Just a question

Jan 31, 2015, 7:26 PM

That's why my post was a question. I apologize.

This sentence had me concerned,
"Tavien Feaster did indeed show up, and I've been texting back and forth."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 31, 2015, 6:35 PM

Thanks for the update.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a nice tunnel experience too

Jan 31, 2015, 6:42 PM

I was standing there in line just before halftime for the bb reunion thing. When the horn sounded at the end of the half, the Rally Cats ran by. There is some real talent in that group.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, David.

Jan 31, 2015, 7:33 PM

These reports are like finding an oasis during a journey through the desert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic