Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The majestic beauty of the area around Williams Brice.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 6,483

The majestic beauty of the area around Williams Brice.

Jan 30, 2015, 3:39 PM

I had an errand in Columbia this afternoon and treated myself to a scenic tour afterwards. Here are some pictures that attempt to grasp the natural and man-made beauty of the areas around (what I believe to be, couldn't find any signs) the University of South Carolina's campus. Enjoy.

Prime tailgating spot.

I was disappointed that this was blocked off. I wanted to visit.

Word's can't even describe.

Future ESPN College Gameday set? They'll have to move that truck, though.

Only $20 to park on game day. Groupon?

A shady grove.

Photosynthesis in action.

Exclusive private tailgating spot. VIPs only.

Metropolitan Magazine "Best of Columbia" award winner.

Still there.

http://imgur.com/a/3TsE8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The majestic beauty of the area around Williams Brice.

Jan 30, 2015, 3:41 PM

I spy several good spots to get my scrump on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a few good spots to pick up an 8 ball and hooker...

Jan 30, 2015, 3:44 PM

2 for 1

Re: Looks like a few good spots to pick up an 8 ball and hooker...

Jan 30, 2015, 3:46 PM

A woman would be in jeopardy at all of those sites. Well, maybe not in front of Ball Sack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shh!

Jan 30, 2015, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Looks like a few good spots to pick up an 8 ball and hooker... ]

Don't tell people why I was really there!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i grew up less than 5 miles from there and I swear

Jan 30, 2015, 3:50 PM

It looks exactly as it did in the 70's....Bluff and Shop Rds. are nothing but industrial wasteland areas.....the good thing about tailgating in that area is that you can pick up gobs of dirt or sand to put your charcoal grill out.....exactly what I did the last time I was there tailgating in 2008. What a dump of a stadium in a place I grew up in. I detest them as much as I did as a kid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i grew up less than 5 miles from there and I swear

Jan 30, 2015, 5:36 PM

But there are a lot of jobs down around there for usuc to help with job placement after graduation, and it isn't far to drive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you in real estate sales?

Jan 30, 2015, 3:53 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Did you happen to see any tailgaters copulating?***

Jan 30, 2015, 4:47 PM

I parked inside that fence, you're not paying to park there,

Jan 30, 2015, 4:49 PM

You're paying the cracker heads not to rob you.
What a wasteland........
Looks like a post apocalyptic radioactive dust bowl.

parked there in '09, first last and only trip I'll ever make

Jan 30, 2015, 4:51 PM

To that Shiat hole.

It gives radioactive dust bowls a bad name***

Jan 30, 2015, 5:41 PM [ in reply to I parked inside that fence, you're not paying to park there, ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 5:13 PM

Metropolitan Magazine "Best of Columbia" award winner. Haha

lol!...good job! An excellent reminder that we should

Jan 30, 2015, 5:28 PM

NEVER take our beautiful campus and the unbelievable tailgating available around Death Valley for granted. The aftermath of tailgating is nearly overwhelming and we as fans need to help out whenever and as much as possible....just ask UGa fans. usuck fans know it doesn't matter how big a mess they make...their place is already a disaster.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This lead me to a google maps tour of the area

Jan 30, 2015, 5:35 PM

really depressing... I'm reminded why I haven't stopped in that God forsaken city since I was 8. I can't imagine going to school there or going to a football game there. I thought GTech was impersonal, but that's terrible.

Picture #4 show the obvious

Jan 30, 2015, 5:45 PM

Setting up another dumpster fire....

Jan 30, 2015, 7:38 PM

Crack and Wh*re Houses everywhere in the area.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

1st time @ that "Joint" was 1959 for last BiG Thursday Game &

Jan 30, 2015, 7:53 PM

I swear iT hasn't changed One Doo-Doo's Worth. At least tiGERS didn't mind in '59 since they beat the Doo-Doo out of Coots and told them Birds to come uP to Death Valley for the 1st time ever since series started back in 1896...for more beat-downs!

GoTiGERS..keep winning!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very creative!!! Enjoyed your post!!!***

Jan 30, 2015, 7:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lawd. The land that both time and football forgot.***

Jan 30, 2015, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Good Lawd. The land that both time and football forgot.***

Jan 30, 2015, 11:44 PM

Wait. They actually have a 30 ft tall photo of Spurrier on the front of the building????

Geez....that is nuts.

They worship him.***

Jan 31, 2015, 6:56 AM

its really bad and exactly as I remember it in the 80's

Jan 30, 2015, 8:36 PM

I went To USC-Coastal Carolina for thr first two years. Nothing like Cooterville, I'm so thankful they separated themselves. I was born in Elberton, GA. But raised in Anderson County a faithful Tiger fan and family. I hated that on my paperwork USC was before Coastal Carolina, it had nothing to do with my blood always being Orange. I just wanted to be at the beach. I was a Beach Life Guard on 9th ave. South mrytle Beach while going to college then I had to get my act together. I will always be a Tiger.

The one thing you didnt mention about besides the nice scenery is the Temperture in that area with no trees, it's the hottest tailgate place on earth. It's cooler in Orlando, because at least it rains midday. Temperature in Colunbia is 10 hotter than south Florida until late fall.

I think the kids that choose to go there don't really know it until they get there. I think the players have been telling the recruits lately. The recruits and the players are leaving as quick as they can but their is only one bus leaving Colombia a day.

Great post, thanks for reminding us od high nice it is. That one house had the whole football team in it. I didn't know they'd let you get that close to 2 and 3 stars!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

..and those pics were taken AFTER the upgrades.....

Jan 30, 2015, 9:28 PM

"...there's something in those warehouses..."

lets try to contain our jealousy

Jan 31, 2015, 8:50 AM

It's hard, but just try. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lets try to contain our jealousy

Jan 31, 2015, 8:58 AM

after recruits visit why would you ever want to play in that dump?

Can there possibly be an uglier, more disgusting

Jan 31, 2015, 10:56 AM

setting for a stadium in all of football? I vote an emphatic "NO!"

What a contrast to our beautiful campus setting overlooking Lake Hartwell and in the shadows of the mountains. It is really like the difference between good and evil.

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Can there possibly be an uglier, more disgusting

Jan 31, 2015, 11:20 AM

I went to the UF/USuC game in like 1994 . It was when Spurrier and Fred Taylor beat them 50+ to 3 or whatever. Aside from that joyous score and the cold , windy weather even further depressing the Coot fans was the idea I had that what they needed was a new stadium in a better location.
If it isn't possible why don't they buy a large tract if land out NE or down around the Congaree development floodplain and build a decent site for their football stadium ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I wonder the same thing. Even up near the Vista

Jan 31, 2015, 11:25 AM

would have been a big improvement, but instead they keep spraying perfume on a skunk.

Maybe the stadium in Mogadishu?***

Jan 31, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Can there possibly be an uglier, more disgusting ]

Re: Maybe the stadium in Mogadishu?***

Jan 31, 2015, 2:43 PM

Mogadishu doesn't have doo doo ice.

Replies: 30
| visibility 6,483
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic