Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotta say the ACC nailed it with the 2015 schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 556

Gotta say the ACC nailed it with the 2015 schedule

Jan 30, 2015, 1:03 PM

Love the later season division match-up with FSU. Keeps the spotlight on both our programs for much longer and the division drama intact. Same goes for Va. Tech / Ga. Tech in the Coastal, who play the week following (versus opening the season with this game like they did in 2013).

On top of that, though, they have us and FSU playing our cross-division rivals four weeks prior our game (FSU vs. Miami and CU vs Ga. Tech), then swapping out in mid-October with the crossover switch on the same weekend (FSU vs. Ga. Tech; CU vs. Miami).

On our 3rd week Thursday nighter at Louisville, FSU plays the next night (Friday) at Boston College.

Overall, the league managed to draw likely division races out over a longer, more controlled period, along with scheduling weekends along the way that feature the top teams playing better common opponents on the same dates, opening the door for better press coverage and comparisons as the season builds and unfolds.

Really well done - the best I've seen the league work a schedule since 2009.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 556
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic