Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Img academy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Img academy

Jan 29, 2015, 9:52 PM

So what is the deal with these 4 kids that are all 4-5*? Are they a big package deal or has that not really been specified? I know we are high on their lists but just curious..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm weary of that many players from one team, hurts dynamic

Jan 29, 2015, 10:01 PM

of our team I think. Miami had a ton of players from some gifted class a few years ago, and that did not pan out. If anyone can handle them, Dabo can, but I don't like that many players already tightly bonded outside of our system. I'll take 2 out of 3.

Dabo usually figures out of a kid is a good egg pretty...

Jan 29, 2015, 10:37 PM

early. Sometimes I think he silently pulls offers to even those who have committed. If they are all good kids I don't see a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have never bought into that herd mentality, either.***

Jan 29, 2015, 10:58 PM [ in reply to I'm weary of that many players from one team, hurts dynamic ]

Re: I'm weary of that many players from one team, hurts dynamic

Jan 29, 2015, 11:00 PM [ in reply to I'm weary of that many players from one team, hurts dynamic ]

interesting point, but it didn't stop us from taking Nkimdiche's Grayson posse.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 12:39 AM

well they had said the Carter kid was the fastest kid on the team. he was better on film and I think ole #9 Wayne Gallman turned out pretty #### good..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 1:17 AM

Yep, that is what I was about to say except that Kemdickface played us like a fiddle, but Gallman turned out to be pretty dang good....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It costs $70,000 a year to attend IMG ....

Jan 30, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I'm weary of that many players from one team, hurts dynamic ]

Somebody's banking these players ... most expect clear sailing as starters in College and a path to NFL.Basically an ROI calculation.

Coaching, S&C and nutrition is second to none at IMG.

All in all, players from these schools are a different breed. Could be very good but also could have different ramifications.

Having lived in Bradenton for 25 years, most IMG kids are dedicated, hard working athletes with great skills looking for a path to pros. A few are Brats .... thinking they are entitled.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It costs $70,000 a year to attend IMG ....

Jan 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

My son-in-laws brother works at IMG in the admin side. What Trop says is right. These kids are pushed and really coached up. They are either from very wealthy families (#### Vitale's daughter in tennis for example) or banked by someone. It is a place for (supposedly) elite athletes to develop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 3:39 PM

IMG is exactly that, it's a sports development private school. It's run by Chris Wienke and it turns out excellant student/athletes. It doesn't take anyone with a check, it only takes talent. This is te wave of the future, you can expect to see more "sport" high schools springing up.

I agree with tigerbalm...we took the Kimdieche group and got Gallman. Being from the same school could have some disadvantages initially, but in the long term I think it could be a plus.

These kids come out of IMG college ready.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 9:16 PM

My son-in-law's brother is actually Weinke's roomate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2015, 6:48 AM

It costs 70K a year to go to Gaffney or Fort Mill ? Man , it's a lot less expensive in the lowcountry to attend public schools .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 30, 2015, 7:49 PM [ in reply to I'm weary of that many players from one team, hurts dynamic ]

Weary? Really? Catch a nap and see if it helps!! :)

Unfortunate??? result of big time football now...

Jan 30, 2015, 8:15 PM

players move to certain high schools - HS coaches have 'preferred relations' with certain colleges and/or coaches. ie the 'pipeline' for colleges.

How many Gaffney players come to Clemson vs SCU? Ft Mill? We got ours.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic