Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys, our mens varsity basketball team did some growing up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,431

Guys, our mens varsity basketball team did some growing up

Jan 29, 2015, 11:14 AM

last night. The boys have been trending upwards since ACC ball started with a few head scratchers in there. Last night, though, they went into a hostile environment, ON TOBACCO ROAD, and controlled a game against an NC State club who had beaten duke and went toe to toe with UNC and Notre Dame. During that win, we withstood a huge scoring drought in the second half, a disgracefully officiated (i dont normally complain about this matter) second half, and a rough night from Jaron Blossomgame but still found a way to win, and win convincingly. Dont look now, but we have some winnable games coming up starting saturday with BC. Do I expect us to reel of 8 out of the last 10, no but i think as we continue to get better and grow up, we can win 6 or 7 of these remaining games. This team is peaking at the right time and Coach Brownell, as usual, is getting the most out of what he has. If you are not yet paying attention to this team, I suggest you give them a look. No better time to pack out littlejohn than saturday with a chance to get 5-4 in the conference and have a winning first half. That would be pretty amazing considering the 5 game stretch that we started with and losing a game to FSU at home.

Great Job Boys!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys, our mens varsity basketball team did some growing up

Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 AM

Beat BC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

starting 5-9 from 3point land will spark anyone

Jan 29, 2015, 11:19 AM

we have to avoid those scoring droughts though, one thing we need to improve on is coming out so cold in the beginning of the second half
my coach in HS called the first 5 min of the second half the most important of the game, think he was onto something (or either on something)

i agree about the first 5 minutes...

Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM

and we certainly struggle in that aspect of the game, for whatever reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These scoring droughts are because............

Jan 29, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to starting 5-9 from 3point land will spark anyone ]

we really don't have that consistent playmaker. The go-to guy. It is that type of scorer that enables teams to avoid what we so often experience. I think Grantham can be that guy, but only time will tell. I'd like to see multiple, consistent go-to's, but we need to walk before we run!

Jan 29, 2015, 11:21 AM

The very tough opening stretch probably made us a better team. We still have a thin margin of error and have to play great D to give ourselves a chance. Would be nice to beat a really good team to help our resume. Vital to win at home especially against the poorer teams. Wish we hadn't stumbled to FSU in LJ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last second Wake win was huge for confidence,

Jan 29, 2015, 11:25 AM

if they can continue to shrink the amount of time that they go cold (27-11 run last night for what 8 minutes?) and get better from the stripe, they'll be fine.

Like watching Grantham grow, he forces it at times, but is a natural leader.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2015, 11:29 AM

Proud that they have learned to fight, scrap, not give up and be able to respond when adversity knocks much better than past years. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we win the Juan's where we are flavored?***

Jan 29, 2015, 11:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we win the Juan's where we are flavored?***

Jan 29, 2015, 12:12 PM

That really is the relevant question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Consistency is what we've been lacking ...

Jan 29, 2015, 2:34 PM

... in all facets of the game, but particularly in shooting the ball both from the field and from the line.

We played great against Syracuse, then took a step back against FSU. The Wake game was much closer than it should have been even though we won, then last night we were hot once more. Can we put together a solid game against a BC team we should be able to beat?

We'll see if we can put together back-to-back strong performances or not. IMHO, that will be the sign that perhaps we've turned a corner on this season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we handle BC the way we should, that will be a real sign

Jan 29, 2015, 2:44 PM

we are growing up. Great job to gut out the 2nd half last night as everyone knew State would make a run, and the officiating was a joke. Now have to string some together. Beat BC, beat FSU and that sets up a top 10 game against ND at home and a chance to play ourselves in to some real tourney conversation

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic