Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we win 5 more?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,776

Can we win 5 more?

Jan 29, 2015, 8:06 AM

With our OOC results it will prolly take a .500 ACC record to sniff the dance. Do you guys think we can get 5 more wins with what's ahead of us? Thanks and go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are at least 5 winnable games remaining...

Jan 29, 2015, 8:13 AM

But Clemson will need more than that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need a good win...against ND or Duke, or at Miami.

Jan 29, 2015, 8:14 AM

If they don't win one of those four games, they'll need to win just about all of the others.

Yikes...Miami got blown out at home by GT last night.

Jan 29, 2015, 8:16 AM

That doesn't help.

Re: They need a good win...against ND or Duke, or at Miami.

Jan 29, 2015, 8:17 AM [ in reply to They need a good win...against ND or Duke, or at Miami. ]

I don't think Miami will help much after the loss last night. Need a big win. Luckly losses to ND and Duke on the road will not affect us much. If we could beat ND at LJ we might be able to squeeze into the top 50 RPI, but that is assuming we don't drop a game. Unfortunately this looks like another season where we look back and regret early losses.

null

Gotta stop losing to those Big South teams.***

Jan 29, 2015, 8:24 AM

close, back-to-back home losses to Winthrop and

Jan 29, 2015, 8:33 AM

Gardner-Webb are inexcusable and I posted afterwards would probably keep the Tigers out of the NCAA tourney.

But the most mystifying loss...and it was a bad one....was the away debacle to your chickens. The Tigers just happened to catch Frankie's boys playing the best basketball (by far) they've played this entire season.....guess the players hadn't gotten used to being constantly browbeaten and verbally abused by Martin yet......and I offer as evidence of the inexplicable the Tigers record against the SEC and usuck's record against the SEC.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were hot at the time.

Jan 29, 2015, 8:36 AM

SC's got a much improved team this year, but they are struggling to win close games right now. This year's SC team would beat last year's by 20 points.

I think it takes 6 more wins

Jan 29, 2015, 8:37 AM

There are 3 games that should be wins.
Home vs VT, GT, BC

There are some challenging but winnable games. Winning 2 of these 4 isn't asking for the impossible.
@FSU, NCSU, @GT, @MIA

There are 3 games that are likely losses
ND, @ND, @Duke

In order to sniff the tourney I think you have to win all three of the home games vs VT, GT, and BC. Win two of the four from the second group and I really think you need the marquis win by taking ND at home.

I think at 18-12 and 10-8 in the ACC with the ND win and wins over several top 75 RPI teams you have a resume worthy of tournament consideration.

If we go 5-5 that's 17-13, 9-9 in the ACC and no win over a top 25 program (assuming we don't beat either ND or Duke), I doubt we get a look.

Last year, one of the sports shows featured a talk about

Jan 29, 2015, 8:38 AM

which has more impact on tourney chances -- big wins or bad losses. I think the consensus was that bad losses hurt much worse than big wins help. We had a couple of really bad losses early. Maybe the committee will take into consideration the fact that the losses were early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we win 5 more?

Jan 29, 2015, 8:39 AM

Has been taking over 500. Wish the LJ FSU game gad fallen our way. Beat pitt and NCST are nice wins

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in recent years it would take more than a .500 record

Jan 29, 2015, 8:41 AM

However, with the added beef of UL & ND to the party - finally creating "The Big ACC" - you just may be right

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But if they don't beat any of that "beef"

Jan 29, 2015, 8:44 AM

They will struggle to get in. The ACC doesn't have great depth this year, and piling up wins against a bunch of teams who will be around 4-14 in conference play will probably not be enough.

ACC has 7 ranked teams out of 15 total

Jan 29, 2015, 8:52 AM

that's pretty strong...the #4 team in the country (Duke) is 6th in the ACC.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/standings/_/id/2/year/2015/acc-conference

The bottom is pretty bad, but even some of those guys have beaten somebody decent.

GT beat UGA and Vandy
FSU beat Florida

VT and Wake, maybe not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very good teams at the top.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:08 AM

Clemson needs to beat one or two of them.

There are more than 5 possible wins....

Jan 29, 2015, 8:42 AM

In fact, we have more winnable games in the second half of the season than in the first. And since we could finish the first half above .500, that bodes well for us.

Alas, we'll need more than a .500 mark to overcome some wretched early season losses. You'd need probably a top 6 finish and a couple of tourney wins....possible, but we're gonna have to fight to get them.

On the bright side, with a win Saturday, and a quite-possible Duke loss to UVa this weekend, the Tigers would be ahead of the Devils in the ACC standings at the halfway point....6th place, just behind Syracuse, over whom we hold the tiebreaker.

Keep hope alive!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we win 5 more? Don't think that is enough. 17-18

Jan 29, 2015, 9:01 AM

is unlikely to get us to the dance. Maybe NIT. Ideally we need to take 20 to have a shot.

We could go crazy @ ACC tourney, stranger things have happened. Seen MD, NCST among others do it over the last 40 years I've been following Clemson BB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.500 in the ACC doesn't get the consideration that it used

Jan 29, 2015, 9:06 AM

to. We lost too many OOC games so i think we would need something like 11-7 in the league to get a shot. It's not going to happen though - just hope we can make the NIT so that these guys get some more experience.

11-7 is a no brainer. 10-8 is likely in dance.

Jan 29, 2015, 9:11 AM

9-9 w/ a win in ACC tourney also likely in.

ACC is top 1 or 2 conference this year after a few years of being "down". They have been taking up to 10 teams from leagues... Stay in top 8 of the league and we'll be in really good shape.

Couple bad losses, but if we're in top 8 with wins over LSU & Ark who some think will make dance - we're good.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Can we win 5 more?

Jan 29, 2015, 9:40 AM

I hope we win 5 games in football... dear heavens...

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,776
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic