Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another big win! How can you not like Brownell?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,582

Another big win! How can you not like Brownell?

Jan 28, 2015, 11:15 PM

He just coaches his ### off game after game. If he gets a couple of shooters and a good big man, he will win big at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I am schizophrenic on BB -I do not know what to think***

Jan 28, 2015, 11:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about Miami - lost to 0-7 GT at home 70-50

Jan 28, 2015, 11:21 PM

but they win AT Duke.

College Basketball is inexplicable these days.

Re: what about Miami - lost to 0-7 GT at home 70-50

Jan 28, 2015, 11:22 PM

Great job coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT should not have been 0-7 to start with...they are better

Jan 29, 2015, 8:56 AM [ in reply to what about Miami - lost to 0-7 GT at home 70-50 ]

than that. People counting 2 wins vs GT for us are getting ahead of themselves. Hopefully we get both and if not, at least 1 but their RPI is right there with ours 79 vs 81 as of last night.

I think I know exactly what you mean, and here's my take:

Jan 28, 2015, 11:43 PM [ in reply to I am schizophrenic on BB -I do not know what to think*** ]

I really like Brownell. He fully understands the challenge he faces as head basketball coach at Clemson, and the way he responds to it is by putting his nose to the grindstone and going to work, and then working some more. He's an excellent coach with a fine basketball mind and a great coaching demeanor. Personally I love his style of basketball. Yet, he has struggled to recruit at Clemson, and the program has not prospered on his watch . . . so far. In spite of how much I like and respect him, he has to win, and the program has to get better, and it can't take a long time; that's the bottom line. I'm pulling for him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't like the style. I have to many heart attacks and

Jan 29, 2015, 8:49 AM

sometimes feel like I'm watching molasses flow.

But I agree with pretty much everything else you said, especially the last two sentences.

I think his style is predicated on great defense, which

Jan 29, 2015, 2:04 PM

I like. However, the fact that we appear to be slow as molasses has more to do with out lack of offensive talent than it does with the coaches style. If we had 3 or 4 McDonalds All-Americans, I think his "style" would look very different.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Another big win! How can you not like Brownell?

Jan 28, 2015, 11:23 PM

probably his hair, and he is a dufus.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is he a doofus? As for his coaching, in my 45 years

Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 PM

of following the Tigers, he and Barnes are the two best bench coaches we have had.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is he a doofus? As for his coaching, in my 45 years

Jan 28, 2015, 11:45 PM

He's an unbelievable bench coach. Anybody that knows the game of basketball that just watched the game tonight can see that our game plan was superior in every way to theirs.

They had about a 10 minute stretch there in the 2nd half where they played us about even, but the rest was dominant.

Well, besides THAT!***

Jan 28, 2015, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Another big win! How can you not like Brownell? ]

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well, besides THAT!***

Jan 29, 2015, 12:14 AM

you are probably getting high on your own fumes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've got some good ones coming in....

Jan 28, 2015, 11:26 PM

A shooter and a big man next year. A seven footer and a pretty good 4* PG. Help is on the way!

http://clemson.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Commits

I hope that point guard is the real deal, because with Hall

Jan 28, 2015, 11:38 PM

graduating, we desperately need a point guard. We also need a consistent 3 point shooter. I am hoping Grantham's outside shot will improve also. He's pretty good at taking it to the basket, and a better outside shot would really open that up for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope that point guard is the real deal, because with Hall

Jan 28, 2015, 11:38 PM

We also have a good transfer that is sitting out this year that plays PG.

null

Re: I hope that point guard is the real deal, because with Hall

Jan 28, 2015, 11:39 PM

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/5/5/5685214/pg-avry-holmes-transfers-to-clemson

null

Great game by the players and coaches. Hard to go into

Jan 28, 2015, 11:28 PM

the triangle and get a victory. Way to go Tigers!!!

I think, if he can get a few more players, he will be fine.

Jan 28, 2015, 11:31 PM

For those that say his style is boring, it is only boring when we can't hit the side of the barn. When we are making some shots, after pushing the ball up the court and working for the good shot, I enjoy watching them. And we are getting more and more consistent on defense, after struggling earlier in the year.
I would rather watch Brownell's style than Parnell's, which worked great against the mediocre teams, but not so well against the really good teams. There is a reason why he never won a tournament game with that system.

If Brad can up the talent level a bit, he will win a lot of games here.

The only thing that works well against the good teams

Jan 29, 2015, 2:11 PM

is being really good yourself.

OP's formula worked better for Clemson, we were relevant and competing with UNC and Duke at the top of the ACC.

Brownell's schizophrenic team is hard to figure, but I rarely watch them and see a well-coached team on the offensive end.

Last night was fun though, although it looked bleak for a few minutes there when we were throwing the ball away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has to get them, and that seems to be the problem.

Jan 28, 2015, 11:49 PM

Go Tigers!

So were on this train now?

Jan 29, 2015, 2:09 AM

Its hard to keep up...last week he was the worst coach to ever live.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,582
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic