Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Story about Sammy Watkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,223

Story about Sammy Watkins

Jan 28, 2015, 6:27 PM

co-worker comes up to me at work today in Atlanta and says he went to see family in Ft. Meyers, Florida this past weekend, or this month. He went to his nephew's high school football banquet and his nephew is a ninth grader at the same high school Sammy Watkins attended.

Sammy was the speaker at the school and was telling the kids that he had a lot of God-given talent, but he also had to do the right things regarding practice, in the classroom, etc... He also told them about the time he didn't do the right thing and what it can cost. He also told the kids that he walked the same halls, practiced on the same fields, ate in the same lunchroom as they did and if he can play college and NFL, they can too ,but they have to make the right decisions and do the right thing.

My co-worker said the young men were just sitting there wide-eyed and hanging on every word he was saying. They were just zoned in on everything he had to say. He said it was amazing.

Good to know Sammy is giving of his time in this way. This fellow told me that he was just as down to earth as anyone. I said yes that sounds like the Sammy Watkins Clemson fans know and love.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to hear! Thank you for sharing!***

Jan 28, 2015, 6:31 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

More proof that Dabo is about more than turning out

Jan 28, 2015, 6:34 PM

good football players. He's about turning out good young men. Sammy, like others, is a fine representative of Clemson U.

Thanks for sharing. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

all the right things times 10 would never have gotten

Jan 28, 2015, 6:35 PM

me to the nfl. Of course, I didn't do all the right things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good write up

Jan 28, 2015, 6:39 PM

I think what happened to Sammy in 2012, with him get arrested, was a blessing in disguise. Ever since that happened, he has been a role model for all student athletes. Dabo has really done a great job of making sure his players settle for nothing but the best on the field and off the field. As we have seen since dabo has been here, he doesn't put up with his players getting in trouble and he doesn't put up with his players slacking in the classroom. We have a special coach at clemson, i hope he is here for a very long time

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic