Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If SCar were able to win the SEC,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If SCar were able to win the SEC,

Jan 28, 2015, 6:15 PM

it would have been done by now. Spurrier came in full of #### and vinegar, ready to prove to the UF administration that they had made a mistake not courting him to return. He put together the best run of SCar's existence in the midst of an unlikely decline in Gainesville and Knoxville, the likes of which we'll probably never see again, and even had a cooperative bunch over in Athens on a number of occasions - yet, he couldn't get then chickens across the street.

Why would any successful coach ever again believe he could win at SCar? Along with UK and Vandy, it's a job that just isn't that attractive due to the low ceiling. Metaphorically or analagously speaking, it's like watching a chicken try to fly out of a fenced enclosure: entertaining until it becomes sad, but it just ain't happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

spurlid screwed the pooch

Jan 28, 2015, 6:23 PM

Tugging around with Carkeya after Shaw had arrived....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: spurlid screwed the pooch

Jan 28, 2015, 8:31 PM

RA for beastiality reference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

If Cindy Crawford were to call to tell me she's horny

Jan 28, 2015, 6:23 PM

She would have done so by now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Two words: NEVER EVER!

Jan 28, 2015, 6:35 PM

It's just never going to happen. Ever. It's that simple. I'd say the odds are that we'll endure a super volcano or alien invasion are greater than them ever winning the sec.

Re: Two words: NEVER EVER!

Jan 28, 2015, 11:44 PM

Never seen a UFO bro...? Like, ever?!
(They're actually coot spies or somejuans usually...)

Pompeii happens....

hth.

That loss to Tennessee two years ago for them

Jan 28, 2015, 11:52 PM

will haunt them forever.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The ONLY Reason

Jan 29, 2015, 12:24 AM

they were up is because vols and gators were down. that is not going to be the case any longer. uga complied and was the only game they had to prep for. same thing happened with wake in 2006 (2005 included and some 2007). fsu was down and we were our own worst enemy with tb. it happens for a brief span - and then they're gone. usuck=wake. now they have to deal with uga, vols, and gators plus mizzou. cocklovers irrelevance never went away - it was always there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

That is a GREAT comparison

Jan 29, 2015, 12:34 AM

After those years everyone thought Wake would be a contender and then they fell off the rails. Facts are facts and a few years are somply the exception to the rule that SC sucks and will continue to suck. They won't be able to continue to grab the recruits they used to become relivant. Heck they don't even know who their starting QB is next year

"couldn't get the chickens across the street." Lol!!!

Jan 29, 2015, 3:04 AM

That may be the best metaphor I have EVER seen.

+1

There aren't many schools that are national championship contenders

Jan 29, 2015, 8:43 AM

so it is still a top 25 job in the premier football conference.

Our facilities are getting nicer every year and we have plenty of money. It's attractive to a coach when they can't get a true blue blood coaching position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

So is Florida, Tennessee and they have an actual tradition.***

Jan 29, 2015, 9:29 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Iran has plenty of money too

Jan 29, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to There aren't many schools that are national championship contenders ]

but it will always be a desert wasteland no matter how much money is spent by their incompetent leaders building palaces. Like Columbia.

You lost your credibility with your second sentence.

Jan 29, 2015, 9:58 AM

Florida did want Spurrier to return, and Spurrier wanted to also. However, when they asked him to send in his resume he told them to check the trophy case and withdrew his name from the search.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic