Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big fan of Marshawn Lynch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 141
| visibility 1

Big fan of Marshawn Lynch

Jan 28, 2015, 1:01 PM

And have ZERO problem how he conduct his interviews! Keep bringing in that revenue for the NFL! He doesn't have to conversate with the media. All he has to do is show up for these media days so he won't get fined!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was acting like a big child for cryin out loud

Jan 28, 2015, 1:07 PM

(pun intended).

Re: I think he was acting like a big child for cryin out loud

Jan 28, 2015, 3:28 PM

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

part of the yob.***

Jan 28, 2015, 1:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he has to do whatever he agreed to in his contract.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:10 PM

He is performing at the minimum standard for that requirement and will face whatever penalty the nfl has For his minimal engagement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: he has to do whatever he agreed to in his contract.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:16 PM

I think he is performing at a higher standard. Go look at his stats vs the Packers, matter fact look at his season stats. He wants more money then he is getting that's part of the reason he's acting like that. The other reason is he he simply doesn't like the media.

I have 30658 responsibilities at work. I get

Jan 28, 2015, 1:26 PM

Judged on all of them Even the ones I don't like to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I have 30658 responsibilities at work. I get

Jan 28, 2015, 1:38 PM

If the guy is willing to suffer the repercussions (fine), who are we to tell him how to conduct himself?

You're speaking as if there's an alternative world where there's a contract he can sign for less money or something that doesn't dictate that he has to talk to the media. That's not the case. He has two options:

1) Pander to the media like everyone else
2) Put his money where is mouth is and take the fine for no/minimal engagement

He's taking the latter option and I don't blame him.

Not pointing fingers at you specifically, but there's a whole breed of NFL fan who would say "just shut up and play football" while touting Lynch's "job responsibilities" at the same time without realizing that those are in conflict with one another in this particular case.

Re: he has to do whatever he agreed to in his contract.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: he has to do whatever he agreed to in his contract. ]

So basically what you are saying is if you don't get your way then act childish?

Got it, I'll make that a note for future job opportunities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like him. Whah, whah, whah.***

Jan 28, 2015, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: he has to do whatever he agreed to in his contract. ]

He needs to start acting like a professional....

Jan 28, 2015, 1:10 PM

rather than a spoiled uneducated immature brat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He needs to start acting like a professional....

Jan 28, 2015, 1:17 PM

Go look at his interviews when he was in Buffalo and look how the media use to talk to him.

He's not in Buffalo anymore ...

Jan 28, 2015, 1:28 PM

and that's still no excuse for acting like a complete a$$hat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not in Buffalo ...

Jan 28, 2015, 1:31 PM

Go back and read. I said go look at his Buffalo interviews and that'll tell you why he acts the way he does.

If it was a Clemson player YALL wouldn't give a rats asz! The man makes money for Seattle and NFL I bet that's not a problem. But when he doesn't conversate with media it's a problem?

Jan 28, 2015, 1:38 PM

The only problem with your premise of him making money for Seattle and the NFL is that he makes a lot of money too.

In his contract it states he has to show up for 5 minutes of press interviews.

For ##### sake man just answer questions for 5 minutes.

In the business world people get asked to make presentations all the time and they "may not be comfortable" with giving a presentation but guess what? They have to do it because if not they get fired.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:42 PM

He's doing exactly what his contract says. He's showing up, that doesn't mean he HAS to have a convo with them.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:46 PM

He didn't have to say "I'm here so I won't get fined" 29 times either.

That's a immature temper tantrum for having to actually do his job that he gets paid very very well for.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:47 PM

They didn't have to ask 29 questions over and over again either.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:07 PM

If he doesn't give the same answer then he wouldn't have been asked 29 questions.

If I was a part of the media at that press conference I would have just kept asking questions. It would have been a lot more than 29.

Frankly, I don't care who he plays for...

Jan 28, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not in Buffalo ... ]

His antics go well beyond dealing with the media. He's had numerous run-ins with the NFL and local law enforcement.

He simply thinks that he is beyond reproach and doesn't like being told, by anyone, that he has to do something; a character trait that he has readily admitted has gotten him in trouble on more than one occasion.

Re: He needs to start acting like a professional....

Jan 28, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to He needs to start acting like a professional.... ]

Or he could just keep playing football and making bunches of money doing it and do whatever makes him happy. He's a grown man, I'm sure he understands consequences.

Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch

Jan 28, 2015, 1:15 PM

He is acting like a child... much like a loser who comes to a Clemson website pretending to be a Clemson fan.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 1:18 PM

No job no life. Feels good to be over 35 years old and troll grown men huh? LOL

Jan 28, 2015, 1:25 PM

Wrong on so many things...

I have a job.

I have a life.

I am not older than 35.

I am not trolling.

You are a chicken troll and a loser.

Also good job responding. I mentioned no names but your guilt made you respond.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 1:29 PM

You do not have a job stop lying buddy, I just looked at your recent activity you're literally on here all day talking about NOTHING, how do have a job??Your not a Clemson fan/alumni, you're a lady. You're 35 years old stop lying. And you replied to my OP which means you were talking to me. Lies lies lies lies and more lies

Jan 28, 2015, 1:33 PM

lol so much anger.... yes yes let the chicken tears flow out of you.

It is "you're" not "your".

I did reply to your OP I however did not mention you by name in my post. I never called you a chicken fan. You simply responded due to your guilt. Good job outing yourself.

I am 30 not 35.

I am a man. Sorry to disappoint you but I dont go that way.

last but not least.....

Keep your mouth shut son because that is something you will never achieve.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 1:39 PM

And boom goes the dynamite.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

You know you spend your entire day on TN when you're logged in on a computer lol pathetic!! You're a TN veteran so you should know when you reply to somebodys OP that means you're talking to them.

You was calling me a coot yesterday, you called me one earlier so there goes another lie SMH. Go tend to your wife and kids if u have any and get freaking life you're a pathetic man lol who spends hours on hours on TN yapping. Look at your recent activity LMAO it's hilaruous

Jan 28, 2015, 1:45 PM

You on here with this bullshit again? Give it a rest, dude.

You just got schooled and now are trying to change the subject. Weak, brah

Jan 28, 2015, 1:47 PM

Here comes the butt buddy! LOL this is MY post. What's the difference of me posting and you and Tigernet buddies posting?

Jan 28, 2015, 1:48 PM

Just because a 2nd person comes in and confirms that you're acting like a mouthbreather doesn't mean that anyone is butt buddies.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:57 PM

If you want me to be honest. YES. it does make you his butt buddie and vice versa. I can understand if I mentioned you or something but no you popped up to take up for your TN butt buddie who I bet you never met in person (which makes it even more pathectic) that's all you and your butt buddies do on here is harp on people who just wanna talk about sports or whatever but we can't even do that without 30 year olds talking crap. Im only 21 but you and your click really do make YALL selfs look bad on here. I mean do you have anything better to do then Internet thug? I would punch you and your buddies right in the mouth if yall talk to me like Yall do on here... Keep hinding behind your phone or computer screen that just makes you less of a man.

rant over I got better things to do. I'll reply to you and all your butt buddies later.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:00 PM

Oh, watch out, we gotta tough guy over here.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:05 PM

I'm only the tough guy when it's time to get tough. You the one came on here yapping to me. I'll punch you, your wife and whoever in the freaking mouth. You gotta whole lot of mouth on here but I bet you would get the cops involved if it ever came down to it softies.

Thought you had

Jan 28, 2015, 2:09 PM

better things to do? Last minute cancellation or something?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16763064

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Thought you had

Jan 28, 2015, 2:13 PM

Your apart of the TN veteran IPTAY member group I'm talking about. LOL pathetic man seriously you're pathetic to be worried what time I got on my hands go do something better. You even went out your way to share a link???? PATHETIC x 10!!

Re: Thought you had

Jan 28, 2015, 2:16 PM

YEAH BOB, NOBODY LIKES THOSE STUPID IPTAY MEMBERS AROUND HERE. WHERE IS IT YOU THINK YOU IS?

Re: Thought you had***

Jan 28, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Thought you had ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thought you had***

Jan 28, 2015, 2:37 PM

This thread has been great for laughs.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Yeah yeah, you the one doing all that yapping now. Nobody cares dude.

Sorry dude,

Jan 28, 2015, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

it's highly likely that I'm much stronger than you. Not claiming I'm the strongest person or a bad ####, but I am much stronger than the average American male. I was skinny as a youth, and when I see people from my youth that haven't seen me in years they are surprised by how much muscle I have added over the years. So highly unlikely you could do anything to me if challenged me. Most likely I would just shove you to the ground and tell you take your loss like a man without even punching you.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Average Male Here

Jan 28, 2015, 4:07 PM

and I can absolutely 100% positively kangfirm that CS02 is stronger than me. You may want to watch what you are stepping in tough guy. He really has added alot of muscle on his body since I last saw him in 8th grade science class. He has filled out nicely, nohomo.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's all work to make this HOF guys***

Jan 28, 2015, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Sorry dude, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's all work to make this HOF guys***

Jan 28, 2015, 4:32 PM

Where da hail am I?

I'm your huckleberry, that is just my game...

Jan 28, 2015, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

say when.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

I punch u n yo mouf foo.

#### it's called English bruh, and if you punch me then you better have insurance, but taking the way you type I'm going to assume that's a strong no.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:22 PM

Now you're just setero typing because I didn't even type like that. And I bet I will have to have insurance if I touch your white asz, that's all you soft asz white guys do is talk #### then when somebody punches you in your chit you all are ready to send somebody to jail. Be a man you qussy!

Jan 28, 2015, 2:22 PM

LOL, says the guy who's scared to come to Gaffney

Jan 28, 2015, 2:24 PM

Mfer I'm not scared. I'm just not dumb to fall into your trap. Come to a boxing ring where it's legal to get your asz kicked.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:27 PM

"Legal to get you ### kicked"...man and you think I'm sheltered?

You sound like the softie to me!

Jan 28, 2015, 2:29 PM

I KNOW you are because all to do is hide behind a computer screen talking chit. You the same mfer who apologize to me a few weeks back NOW look at you smh. You a scary ### white man who only loves blacks on Saturdays

Jan 28, 2015, 2:31 PM

That wasn't a real apology...you know you missed the sarcasm on that right?

You don't get apologies when you start wishing death on people's families. You are a straight up bitch and it shows in this thread.

im scared to go to Gaffney. . giant Orange butts

Jan 28, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Are not natural.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Nah bruh u gon need the insurance fo yo med bills bruh.

And again with the irony man.

"Now you're just stero typing..." and then later on:

"that's all you soft asz white guys do..."

Grow up buddy, it'll do you a lot of good.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:28 PM

I'm setero typing because you are. Your Tryna be funny saying bruh this Bruh that. You need to grow up you racist prick. I hope your family dies and if you do have family members who are dead ##### them too!!!

Jan 28, 2015, 2:29 PM

You too scared to come to Gaffney and say "dat"!

Jan 28, 2015, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

I'm not stereotyping, I'm just using the way you are actually typing buddy. However, you are stereotyping to the fullest extent of the definition.

I'm honestly laughing at the racist comment though. However, your remarks on here are actually racist, which is so ironic.

But hey you keep doing you in Seneca and boxing at the gym or whatever it is you do bruh (which by the way is in no way racist because white people can actually say that too!!!).

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

Jan 28, 2015, 2:46 PM

You know what I don't even care no more. Say what yall wanna say, I can't beat a group of honkies on here so Yall win. Have a nice day you so called Clemson fans, I can't even come on here and voice my opinion without 30 year olds talking crap. Yall win! Happy now???

Does this mean you're leaving now?

Jan 28, 2015, 2:56 PM

Please don't let us down again.

Jan 28, 2015, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Better watch out or this guy is gonna get his "gat" and start cappin motha f'az!! Thug life for life byatch!!!

This had to be the most entertaining post I've ever read.

Jan 28, 2015, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

You can voice your opinion, just when someone doesn't agree with you don't pull the ######## race card and tell me you hope my family dies.

That's really some ###### up #### man.

And you wonder why us "honkies" don't agree with you. Jack ###.

Jan 28, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

#### you Monkey

D@mn bro chill out. How old are you?

Jan 29, 2015, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

14? Challenging someone to a boxing match is one thing, but to wish death upon someone's family is taking it way too far. Grow up you little punk.

And there's the race card. Played only by you.***

Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

God, you are just perpetuating stereotypes now you

Jan 28, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

mumblemouth MFer...You aren't punching anybody in the mouth Tupac, you're just a studio gangster son!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2015, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Matter fact I gotta better idea. Why don't you come to my friends boxing gym? I'll give you the address, and I'm being dead serious. We can box it out ill talk to my friend into letting you get a couple hours for free? You up for it?

Jan 28, 2015, 2:12 PM

Is it in Gaffney?

Jan 28, 2015, 2:14 PM

Take up on my offer or shut the heII UP!? Come on a weekend it's in Seneca, I need a yes or no answer.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:15 PM

Gaffney

Jan 28, 2015, 2:19 PM

Soft as ####! Dude I'm not coming to Gaffeny so yu can have the police waiting on me. Come to a legit boxing gym and bet your asz kicked. You and your 2 butt buddies can come. Yall First session is literally already paid for.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:21 PM

The irony of this statement lol out loud.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Hmmmm...

Jan 28, 2015, 2:23 PM

You ready to hang this N word I bet. You a clown who won't come to a real boxing gym. You want me to come to your city so you can have the cops waiting.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:26 PM

A boxing gym lmao lmao.

there are a lot of places that spar.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:39 PM

I don't know of a martial arts place that doesn't spar.

Although , no owner on thier right mind would let a couple dudes come off the street and scrap I thier place.

Re: there are a lot of places that spar.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:41 PM

Fo sho. The gym I go to has a pretty nice ring right in the middle and it's a general fitness center. I just thought it was funny that an organized gym was where battle was to take place for the Internet argument hahah

in goose creek we settled our differences behind the band room

Jan 28, 2015, 2:44 PM

with a game of horse shoes. ...

..... horse shooooooooes .....

Re: in goose creek we settled our differences behind the band room

Jan 28, 2015, 2:46 PM

youz a bnch of wht asz softies

null

Re: in goose creek we settled our differences behind the band room

Jan 28, 2015, 6:14 PM

> youz a bnch of wht asz softies

Does he realize not all of us are wht?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there are a lot of places that spar.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to there are a lot of places that spar. ]

you calling eyeeOfTheTIGER
Enthusiast [114]
Joined 1 year ago
TigerPulse: 35%
a liar?

Hes about to be like...

null

Jan 28, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Now we go with the racism. Man you are one bad dude!

Jan 28, 2015, 2:30 PM

This is Tigerqueen79 levels of race baiting/racism.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 2:41 PM

However, somehow it will be one of us that was being racist towards him.

And there it is...I was waiting for it...Knew you'd pull

Jan 28, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

that pathetic card at some point...Can you have a discussion without pulling out your pitful excuse of a shield? You too skeeered to talk to White Boys without playin' the race card? What a pathetic fecking loser

Jan 28, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

null

Jan 28, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

null

Jan 28, 2015, 2:17 PM

Mayweather vs Pacquiao? i was hoping this fight

Jan 29, 2015, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Would happen. If he doesn't box you, i would love to take you up on your offer. Ill show you how a white man hits

Jan 28, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Talking to does not equal talking about.... HTH.

Picking on pathetic gamecock fans is so much fun.

null

Marshawn Lynch

Jan 28, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

He is a great running back, not a dang personality. He does not care to speak to the media...I have no issue with that. In interviews with his teammates...the love him and say what a leader he is. If any Clemson player was like him, no one here would have an issue. Some people want to be just left alone.

Re: Marshawn Lynch

Jan 28, 2015, 1:29 PM

Part of his job is to speak to the media.

There are parts of my job I dont like. Guess what I still do them.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 1:32 PM

You don't have a job tho? And he doesn't have to speak. All he has to do is "be there so he won't be fined"

I don't know the structure of his contract or

Jan 28, 2015, 1:57 PM

The obligations, rewards , or punishments he has.

My point is that he is an adult and signed a contract. If he agreed in his contract to put on a clown costume and walk the wall Mart parking lot then he should do it wIth out The attitude of a spoiled toddler.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Marshawn Lynch ]

And he has suffered repercussions for not engaging with the media, similar to how you or I would if we neglected our responsibilities.

It's only "part of the job" because the NFL strongarms the NFLPA into making it so. There's no job-related reason why players should be "required" to talk to the media. Especially when the vast majority would never exercise that right because they like the attention.

However, no matter who's "fault" it is that it's part of his job it is. And five minutes isn't a lot of time.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:52 PM

I just think the line of thinking that "it's your job, do it" is a dangerous justification when taken at face value. You know, the Nazis were "just doing their jobs" too (extreme example I know, but I cringe at the "it's your job, do it" mentality. Which is why I suppose I don't function well in a conventional organization).

Again, if he's willing to take the fine or find a "loophole" than enables him to get around doing something he shouldn't be required to do anyway, there's not much wrong I can see with that. He is the one who has to pay the price, after all.

If this risk is worth the reward to him, more power to him. That's all I'm saying.

the major diff there is the Nazi didn't have a choice.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:00 PM

Nfl players are not sent to prison camps or executed for restructuring a contract.

Nfl contracts ARE completely voluntary. its not , do your job. . It is do the job you agreed to do.

Re: the major diff there is the Nazi didn't have a choice.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:09 PM

Yes, they're completely voluntary if you disregard that the NFL has a monopoly on professional football and that there aren't any real alternatives. They're voluntary in that any player in the league can quit right now for a job at McDonald's. They're voluntary in that a player has 0 bargaining power or leverage in many of the discussions but he can still make the decision to sign. But this is the kind of thinking I'm talking about.

I just don't think it's as simple as "he signed a contract" given that the economic landscape isn't exactly balanced and that players have little to no bargaining power over these types of big brother mandates.

Re: the major diff there is the Nazi didn't have a choice.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:15 PM

He got paid a base salary of 6 mil this year. Talk to the media for 5 minutes. It's that simple.

He also graduated from (or at least went to) Cal I believe, so he wouldn't exactly be getting a job at McDonald's.

Jan 28, 2015, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Marshawn Lynch ]

Has anyone here ever actually seen a team's contract with a player? Do you really think there are rules for him talking to the media? It's an NFL rule, it's cute when Bellichek does it but someone Marshawn is viewed differently

student athletes at Clemson have to meet

Jan 28, 2015, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Marshawn Lynch ]

Their requirements as well.

You Go to your math class and do the work. It doesn't matter if you hate math or you hate the math teacher.

If you decide to get snotty with the teacher you have to deal with the consequences.

i am a Clemson fan. Chad Kelly was a Clemson student athlete. Chad Kelly never broke any rules at Clemson but was kicked off for bad attitude. I didn't object to the decision then, after the gt game, or now.

He should have some common decency

Jan 28, 2015, 1:18 PM

to answer the questions and only give them 5 minutes if thats all he wants. If he doesnt like the question then so no response and move on.

He can do what he wants within the NFL rules, but it just shows no class or professionalism on his part.

Re: He should have some common decency

Jan 28, 2015, 1:21 PM

He's complying with the rules he's just not conversating with the media. I don't see nothing wrong with it. He shows up on Sunday's when he suppose to, his teammates love and respect him and that's all that matters really.

I sense an agenda***

Jan 28, 2015, 1:25 PM

Jan 28, 2015, 1:32 PM

Whether intentional or not, Marshawn's handling of the media and relationship with the NFL has been nothing short of brilliant. He has gotten the kind of exposure and marketing for his brand that companies pay millions and millions of dollars for. So what if he gets a few fines from the NFL, it just adds to his rebel image.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:35 PM

Exactly. He's a rebel and he gonna stay that way until they pay him the Bucks he deserve. He's actually a good guy who does A LOT of charity work. He's just not a people's person in front of the camera.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:37 PM

If he was a good guy and actually cared about his Charities he could have used that stage as a great place to raise awareness for those.

Could have simply "answered" every question with a short synopsis of each charity and where to donate.

Fact is he got up there and acted like a child.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 1:45 PM

No he does not have to raise awareness about his charities at the Super Bowl media day. If he did that yall would be calling him selfish. They didn't even ask him about his charities so you sound dumb right there.

He's showing up for 5 mins like his contract says, he doesn't have to hold a convo with them.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:46 PM

Why would someone be selfish for raising awareness for CHARITY....

null

Now you're just Tryna mix my words up. You know yourself I didn't say that, you're just Tryna get a reaction out of me.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:52 PM

"They didn't even ask him about his charities so you sound dumb right there."

They also didn't ask him any questions that should have resulted in his given answer of "Im here so I don't get fined" that didnt keep him from answering with that response.

Him answering with Charity information would have been no different that answering with "Im here so I dont get fined". They both are irrelevant to the questions being asked. Difference is one makes you look like an immature child the other actually would make you look like a good guy.

null

Jan 28, 2015, 1:59 PM

I'm just gonna end it like this. He simply does NOT have to conversate with them. If you don't like him for that then re-evaluate yourself softie. Bye bye

Jan 28, 2015, 2:12 PM

How about Marshawn is the soft one for not talking to the media?

:O

Conversate? What kind of ignorant a$$ word is that?***

Jan 28, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

why don't you give the ebonics a rest guy and try to

Jan 28, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

communicate a little more clearly? You're not T9 typing, give it a rest yo

Jan 28, 2015, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

"No he does not have to raise awareness about his charities at the Super Bowl media day. If he did that yall would be calling him selfish. They didn't even ask him about his charities so you sound dumb right there."

Word for word you said we would call him selfish.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Lol, he got 6,000,000 as a base salary this year.

If you take Adrian Peterson out of the equation given his situation Lynch was the 2nd highest paid running back based on base salary.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/base/running-back/

"...the bucks he deserve."

I think he's been very fairly compensated that he can talk for 5 #### minutes.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:59 PM

I love the way he plays and love how he treats the media. He doesn't owe them anything. It's funny to see people call him a child on here...how is he being a child? He simply doesn't like talking with the media. That's his personality.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:02 PM

It's because their soft. They want the clean cut guy up there instead of a bad asz rebel!! And if you don't agree with them on here then you're a outsider who's a coot troll. I dont understand it either my friend, these guys on here make they selfs look like a freaking baby. It's kills me

Jan 28, 2015, 2:11 PM

Go to the store and buy "The English Language for Dummies" book.

Please and thank you, you "rebel" you.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

"They're" not "their"

HTH

null

I doubt that is true. the nfl is an entertainment

Jan 28, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

Business. It runs off the fans. Fans want to talk to players but can't. They get stuff from the media.

The nfl is using thier employees to meet the demands of thier costumers.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Big fan of Marshawn Lynch ]

The problem is he signed the contract that requires him to meet with the media.

Like I said before it was literally a 5 minute window to answer questions.

Bringing your phone and setting the timer and saying what he said along with "a few minutes left," etc. is just childish.

Like someone said above, if he is active with charities then answer the questions with that, not some childish remarks.

I think the reason it's such a big deal is that it was just a small amount of time for him to answer questions, just cooperate and it would be done. Otherwise by doing this you set yourself up for more fines, the next press conference will be that much more attention on him, etc.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:25 PM

I get what you're saying, but I don't mind it personally. I dislike the way the media reacts off everything so I would understand some people's desire to not say anything (as a Pats fan I'm also biased because I obviously have a soft spot for Belichick).

I also genuinely believe he's extremely uncomfortable speaking publicly, which is why he shies away from it.

Ultimately, I'd prefer the NFL remove this mandatory press availability. There are plenty of guys who will happily speak to the press.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:36 PM

Yeah I mean if they removed that stipulation then sure, I wouldn't mind him never speaking to the media again.

However, in the business world people who may be uncomfortable speaking in front of a group of people have to give presentations every day. If they don't get comfortable with it then it involves serious repercussions.

On the Belichick note, his are actually pretty funny, especially when Caliendo does his impression.

Jan 28, 2015, 3:36 PM

Yea, I get what you mean. Ultimately I understand why others don't like it, but it doesn't bother me. And yea, Belichick will throw in some subtle funny stuff in his interviews from time to time.

Seeing as Lynch is a free agent next season, I really hope he signs with the Patriots. Can you imagine a Belichick/Lynch post-game?

(Camera slowly pans in on Belichick & Lynch standing at the podium with blank faces. Can't tell if they won or lost)
Belichick: "ggrrumbleee they're a well rounded team hmmfffff we did some things good some things bad.....urgghhghhhhhhhhhh lot of respect to them.....glad we came out on top efggggggggg focusing on next week"
Lynch: "I'm thankful"
(Both simultaneously walk off camera)

Jan 28, 2015, 4:00 PM

Yeah that would be pretty great. Belicheck with his captain obvious comments and Marshawn "the broken record" Lynch.

Be a wonderful duo for the media.

Jan 28, 2015, 4:31 PM

I would love it...plus it wouldn't be bad on the field either

Jan 28, 2015, 2:53 PM

Hey Eye or Clueless or whatever your handle is, just wondering what the meaning of "conversate" is? You making up words as you go along?

Save some keystrokes.

Jan 28, 2015, 2:58 PM

Converse or even talk if it comes to bare tacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmm

Jan 28, 2015, 2:58 PM

I am a big fan of the "football player" Marshawn Lynch...but the grabbing of his balls as he dives into the end zone is a little bit much and over the top....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I always figured he was scared he'd say something stupid

Jan 28, 2015, 3:02 PM

so he just keeps his mouth shut...You should try it

Jan 28, 2015, 3:27 PM

absolutely do not agree!! he is acting like a spoiled 2 year old brat!simply no reason for his actions!!NFL should make him pay the fine AND hold him out of some games!

Jan 28, 2015, 3:53 PM

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2000000318651/article/marshawn-lynchs-quiet-power-behind-seahawks-super-run

I respect his reason for not wanting to talk to the media. I don't see why it is such a big deal as long as he does his job on the field. There are 50-11 other players on the team for the media to interview, why not be satisfied with them?

I'm just commenting so I won't get fined

Jan 28, 2015, 3:55 PM

You know why I'm here

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

conversate?

Jan 28, 2015, 5:47 PM

...you mean converse?

Photobucket

Jan 28, 2015, 6:17 PM

You have issues bruh. You sure you're not Marshawn?

eyeeOfThe Tiger- Makes the thread look like........ stairs.***

Jan 28, 2015, 9:12 PM

I've heard several Clemson fans call Marshawn a bad word...

Jan 28, 2015, 9:13 PM

Ben Tillman would be proud

Re: I've heard several Clemson fans call Marshawn a bad word...

Jan 29, 2015, 4:53 AM

Post it..prove it

Not so:

Jan 29, 2015, 6:25 AM

I heard it read: "he must represent the NFL(his employer BTW) in a "reasonable" way at the media funcitons. If he violates this, he should be fined, whether anybody or him likes it or not. It's the rule. And the NFL interprets it - not us.

Re: Not so:

Jan 29, 2015, 7:01 AM

The NFL is a joke of an overly rich-man organization that can't police itself. I'm fine with Lynch's handling of the media...they're as irrelevant as any one aspect of society. If we're gonna rail against Marshawn's behavior at a press conference, don't forget to laugh daily...and robustly, at Goodell's mishandling of his role. Total absurdity.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 141
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic