Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Zack Bailey flips
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

If Zack Bailey flips

Jan 27, 2015, 2:23 PM

it will be on NSD.

I know that Clemson had an in-home visit with him on Friday.

That door is still cracked.

If I'm not mistaken, Bailey's GF is still going to Clemson.

It's not over folks.

The chances are slim....but......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: If Zack Bailey flips

Jan 27, 2015, 2:25 PM

Jan 27, 2015, 2:27 PM

I think him and his GF broke up from last I heard, not sure if thats still a factor. I think the door may be shut, but just unlocked....we'll see what happens.

Jan 27, 2015, 2:29 PM

I truly think he wants to come to Clemson but he is surrounded by coots. I'm sure it's difficult to let people down. When in reality, people that care for you would not care.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jan 27, 2015, 2:39 PM

He was all about Clemson at one time, so there has to be alil something still inside of him that's wants to be here I'm sure. Something over the Summer just changed his mind completely(GF break up, college major choice, etc), just haven't seen anything lately that might have him on the fence about it. But who knows, anything can happen in the final days leading up to NSD. I would much rather just hold on to everyone we have right now when it comes down to it.

Jan 27, 2015, 2:40 PM

I didn't think much of it until I heard coaches went in-home. That is a big deal. Imagine if a coach went in-home with one our recruits. We'd be losing our minds.

Jan 27, 2015, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: If Zack Bailey flips ]

This is easy. We set his girlfriend up in an apartment in Clemson with a 70" big screen with ESPN GamePlan and a PS4. Then leave a trail of ribs and mashed potatoes leading up the sidewalk.....

He'll Flip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2015, 9:01 PM

FELIX2 your a Coot!!!

Jan 27, 2015, 9:48 PM

Charles tontigersacc your a coot!

Show me a 300 lb 18 yr old that doesn't like girls, big tv's and ribs and I'll show you a harvard lacross player.

My blood has been running orange since 1954.

Sorry you didn't pass 8th grade!

Jan 27, 2015, 10:46 PM

"This is easy. We set his girlfriend up in an apartment in Clemson with a 70" big screen with ESPN GamePlan and a PS4. Then leave a trail of ribs and mashed potatoes leading up the sidewalk....."

Well Congratulations! That's the Negative and Derogatory mindset that Clemson/Dabo's Recruiting is NOT! And I can assure you that Zack has earned 4 stars and deserves respect regardless of his School. If you look at his recruiting record he has attended our Camps and been a candidate for joining our program. We got a great Class sending their LOI's in next week. Yes it would be just a tad better if he joined us, but with post like yours I don't think it would ever happen.

Re: If Zack Bailey flips- Dear Charles

Jan 28, 2015, 4:19 PM

"This is easy. We set his girlfriend up in an apartment in Clemson with a 70" big screen with ESPN GamePlan and a PS4. Then leave a trail of ribs and mashed potatoes leading up the sidewalk.....

Well Congratulations! That's the Negative and Derogatory mindset that Clemson/Dabo's Recruiting is NOT! And I can assure you that Zack has earned 4 stars and deserves respect regardless of his School. If you look at his recruiting record he has attended our Camps and been a candidate for joining our program. We got a great Class sending their LOI's in next week. Yes it would be just a tad better if he joined us, but with post like yours I don't think it would ever happen. "

Clearly you are an intelligent person. Having read your reply I now understand what your objection to my post was. Your initial response "Felix2 your a coot" caused me to think that you were just another one of the juvenile delinquents we all frequently see on these boards, hence the "sorry....8th grade" comment on my part. I apologize for that.

Now that I see that your a reasonable person I feel that you honestly misunderstood my original post. It was in no way reflective of my view of Zac Bailey personally. He is a great young athlete who we'd be blessed to have on our team. In fact it was merely a joke. The saying around my house is that in order to get our son to cut the grass, we almost have to make a trail to the lawnmower sprinkled with ribs and mashed potatoes. At it's worse my joke was a general comment on the psyche of 18 year olds (as I was one) and at it's best it was just a joke to make people laugh.

The truly regrettable aspect of talking to others in print is that it is impossible to include inflection or the expression on one's face. I can assure you that had we been sitting in a diner over a cup of coffee you would not have perceived my joke as you did. It was just a joke. We both clearly love Clemson and I hope from here on out we can be friends.

Phillip

Go Tigers!

Jan 28, 2015, 7:38 PM

Pretty obvious joke to me...and funny.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2015, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: If Zack Bailey flips- Dear Charles ]

Thank you for that response. Your are correct that if we were in person, I would have picked up your joking inflection. I'm good friends with a friend of his family (But he really is a Coot) and he said he would be surprised if Zack flipped, but he said he remembered when Clemson was on the top of his list also. He said that he reads all the boards regularly so I guess I was just a little sensitive.
My friend and I have a standard bet every year on the Game - (He gets Crown or I get Goose). I am still ahead of him since we started the running bet in the early 90's. We talked today and our next bet is how long Slurrier Coaches. THE O/U is 2.1 years. I took under - he took over for our standard bet. So if he quits before his 1st game of 2017 I'm a winner. Oh well thats TMI but anyway - Apology graciously accepted.

Jan 28, 2015, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: If Zack Bailey flips ]

lmao, That's a good one Felix2 :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Jan 28, 2015, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: If Zack Bailey flips ]

Either way...the power of the poontang always draws a man to his deepest desires...

I gotta feeling we will be painting him orange....

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 27, 2015, 2:30 PM

He seemed to be pretty set on playing for the idiots, but stranger things have happened!

Jan 27, 2015, 2:41 PM

His buddy, the baseball player, flipped to the coots so that is not a good sign. I thought his girlfriend was a coot. If not, then no wonder she broke up with him. I hope we get him him but the tea leaves are not looking good. You are right Tiger, he does have coots all around him all the time. It will be a difficult thing to flip him , I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seemed a little out of shape at the Shrine Bowl

Jan 27, 2015, 2:38 PM

I think he'd be the 5th best OL in our class. I also heard he may not have the grades to get into Clemson.

He reminds me of Crowder

Jan 27, 2015, 2:50 PM

Great run blocker, not sure about pass blocking.

I agree

Jan 27, 2015, 2:53 PM

but I feel like we've misused Crowder. I wonder if we would misuse Bailey?

Re: I agree

Jan 27, 2015, 5:30 PM

How so? Jw?

They should both be used as situational guys

Jan 28, 2015, 1:07 AM

Bring them in when we're trying to grind out a win, or when we're trying to run it down their throat.

True, but jet sweeps are forwards passes...

Jan 28, 2015, 1:12 AM

;)

I has the confused

Jan 28, 2015, 10:40 AM

#### stuck in ceiling fan.

Or we could just develop them through coaching them up like all of the other players

Jan 28, 2015, 1:51 AM [ in reply to They should both be used as situational guys ]

Lol..Friggling ruhtard. Bailey wouldn't leave the field in during a playoff or national championship game. Everyone in the country will be tuned in to see him show out.

Your "situational PT" suggestion is a weak attempt to steer a guy away from being held accountable, challenged to work hard every day and prepped to the max for the nfl. You're essentially saying (based on an unfounded argument regarding PT) that sticking with a school desperate to bring ib anyone with talent - regardless of their red flags - and encourages entitlement, laziness and baby-like behavior & practice when they want, lift when they want, go to class when they want, break the rules when they want; then go undrafted like former stars Vic Hampton and Quarrels' and many others (teammates) bc of red flags (due to lack of discipline, wit and development).

Yes let's just make everyone into someone who can do

Jan 28, 2015, 10:43 AM

everything. Let's run 5 wide on the goal line by situations do not matter.

Don't be stupid. Crowder and Bailey will ALWAYS be better at run blocking than pass blocking. Why not play to their strengths? Play with 4 tackles and a center when we want to sling it around and bring in the road graters when we want to impose our will.

Or we could do it your way and just keep beating our head up against the wall, having crappy OLs.

Re: Yes let's just make everyone into someone who can do

Jan 28, 2015, 6:01 PM

> everything. Let's run 5 wide on the goal line by
> situations do not matter.
>
> Don't be stupid. Crowder and Bailey will ALWAYS be
> better at run blocking than pass blocking. Why not
> play to their strengths? Play with 4 tackles and a
> center when we want to sling it around and bring in
> the road graters when we want to impose our will.
>
> Or we could do it your way and just keep beating our
> head up against the wall, having crappy OLs.

The crispy OL is a result of poor OL recruiting and lack of depth once injuries began.

We're not going to sub OL in and out the whole game to fit situations. Real smart idea though. When Bailey's in we're running it. When he's not in, we're throwing it. Would be an absolute nightmare for opposing DC's to try and figure us out and scheme successfully against us.

Not to mention, we're an UPTEMPO team, and the goal is to snap the ball before the D can make substitutions. Make sense?

Re: He reminds me of Crowder

Jan 27, 2015, 8:36 PM [ in reply to He reminds me of Crowder ]

Way bigger than crowder. .
6ft5...legit..320lbs...
Spot on with being a run blocker
Struggled at camp with pass protection..total road grader

Re: He reminds me of Crowder

Jan 28, 2015, 8:03 PM

Is because Bailey is black?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: The whole OL at the Shrine Bowl did little blocking. #99

Jan 29, 2015, 7:43 PM [ in reply to He reminds me of Crowder ]

for NC and a couple of other NC defensive players were having their way with SC OL

He is a true OG though and that is something we lack

Jan 27, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to He seemed a little out of shape at the Shrine Bowl ]

in this class. Most of our guys have primarily played OT, but have shown some versatility. Either way, 2 things about him flipping would be great - stealing another from the Coots (and he is the best they have left), and as we have seen over years that attrition at the OL position can be extremely detrimental, so you can never have too many quality OL. Out of shape or not, he is a take for sure and will have a RS year to get back in shape.

Re: He is a true OG though and that is something we lack

Jan 27, 2015, 3:28 PM

Just to Piggy Back. Sometime you use what you have. We have had to use Crowder in pass blocking because in some respects, he is all we had. OL may have been the "weakest" position we have had in the Dabo era. Hopefully that will change in the coming recruiting cycles and Bailey may want to get in on that action at Clemson. I will say this. Given the fact that Clemson has more of an "opening" to play in the way we rotate in games with "inferior" talent, he may get chances to develop faster here than in Columbia. Hopefully that was on the ###### during that home visit.

Hahaha there it is! You can always count on someone

Jan 28, 2015, 5:32 PM [ in reply to He seemed a little out of shape at the Shrine Bowl ]

To say a recruit we didn't get doesn't have the grades to get in. Classic!

it's so obvious sc is about to crash and burn

Jan 27, 2015, 5:16 PM

They capitalized on the bowden firing/resignation and the best player in the state a few years in a row just happened to be Gamecock fans, so their talent level spiked somewhat. Plus fla and tenn were down. All the stars aligned for one brief moment in history and instead of realizing it was just a flash in the pan, they foolishly though they had arrived. now it's back to reality! Coach is getting old, no qb, defense sucks, talent has dropped off and the other teams in their division are trending upward. Back to the bottom with vandy... Not to mention what a healthy d Watson with even more talent around him is gonna do to em for the next 2 years!!!! '

Jan 27, 2015, 8:49 PM

I was told by a coach that they are done. He said they may have a small time player or two trickle in as extras. I asked him about Bailey and he said "that would be huge, but I don't see it."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure - seems like JayJay is off the team - spot open.***

Jan 27, 2015, 9:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not sure - seems like JayJay is off the team - spot open.***

Jan 27, 2015, 9:09 PM

Still on the team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2015, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: If Zack Bailey flips ]

Is Bailey a winner or a settler? Carolina will be fighting for a fourth place finish for the next five years in the SEC East. Clemson will be fighting for a national championship the next three years. If he wants to settle for mediocre football for his career verses high caliber football the choice is his. It will say a lot about his character.

I would pay to see Bailey do a flip.***

Jan 28, 2015, 4:41 PM

This class has met ALL of Clemson's needs, EXCEPT for a TRUE OG/MAULER.

Jan 28, 2015, 6:06 PM

Bailey would certainly round out Clemson's best recruiting class ever - in terms of both needs and the amount nationally top-ranked guys.

Psycho, we should grab a beer and some wings or something if it happens! ;)

You're on. I'll buy.***

Jan 28, 2015, 8:21 PM

Re: I would pay to see Bailey do a flip.***

Jan 28, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to I would pay to see Bailey do a flip.*** ]

Ubooster dot com?

No I meant do an actual flip

Jan 28, 2015, 8:21 PM

He's a big ole boy.

Jan 28, 2015, 7:41 PM

No way no how he flips. His loss not ours.

Jan 28, 2015, 9:49 PM

I don't mind missing on Bailey that much anymore. I mean I'd love to have him and if he was to flip that would be absolutely awesome but the way things are looking with Parker Bordeaux right now that may make up for the blow.

Glad we got an in-home though, maybe he was just being nice but hey... better an in-home than no in-home.

I hope Dabo told him there's going to be at least one coaching change during his 4-5 years there...

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic