Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice article on Grady Jarrett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 804

Nice article on Grady Jarrett

Jan 27, 2015, 12:50 PM

And his relationship with Ray Lewis. I am a huge Ravens fan and would love to see him in Baltimore!

Link: http://m.baltimoreravens.com/mediaItem.html?media-id=905732&media-type=N

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice article on Grady Jarrett

Jan 27, 2015, 12:52 PM

Ravens would train him up nice, but they play a straight up nose guard over there and Grady lacks the size for that. Not sure about his prospects at DE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice article on Grady Jarrett

Jan 27, 2015, 12:58 PM

They run a hybrid. Quite often they run a 2 DT set. They're also great against the run, an area in which Grady thrives. He's about 5-10 lbs lighter and only and inch shorter than Timmy Jernigan, who we took in the second round last year.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could this be an option?

Jan 27, 2015, 2:35 PM

Jarrett is a BEAST and I think he could find a spot in a 3-4 but probably better suited to a 4-3 at this point. I don't see him at the nose in a 3-4 at 280-290. No doubt he can overcome limitations "experts" put on him. His background as a HS wrestler, I think, helped him use leverage to beat his man. I also think this makes his height an asset rather than a liability. He's a bowling ball with fire.

Now, question. Could he legitimately drop to the 260 range and play ILB or MLB? As an inside linebacker in a 3-4. Levon Kirkland played LB at a high level at 270-ish for the last few years of his career. A guy like Jarrett firing through on LB blitz or a stunt. The only concern I would think would be #1 can he drop the weight and is he naturally 270-280? #2 Lateral movement. Can he keep up with TE's or be around the ball with the slot receiver in front of him. Speed. We all know he looks like he was shot out a cannon. I don't know that I've ever seen him sucking wind. We know he has a motor that doesn't quit. But could his 10-15 yard burst be in the normal range for an NFL ILB or MLB.

Just a thought. Grady Jarrett is a very nice, humble man. I've met him several times. One of those, about 2 years ago, while I was doing some sod work at his former HS. The players and former players that I've met outside of post game, spring game, fan app day, have been very kind. Grady is as nice as any I've ever talked to. I know that if he wants it he will do it. Every NFL program that passes on him, especially if he is still one the board round 4 or later.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 804
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic