Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud

Jan 24, 2015, 5:24 PM

Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just think, if we never got CJ I don't know that we ever see

Jan 24, 2015, 5:28 PM

guys like sammy, ray ray, deon, etc come to clemson. That was a huge get when DABO pull off that miracle. Started a trend in the state of Florida.

I agree, but James Davis helped too.

Jan 24, 2015, 5:42 PM

R

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

And to think - CJ was homesick as a frosh

Jan 25, 2015, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Just think, if we never got CJ I don't know that we ever see ]

and very nearly didn't return after first semester. Probably could have transferred to UF and won a national championship there.

Man, are we fortunate someone talked some sense to him, and helped him make an incredible decision.

CJ is a great ambassador for Clemson***

Jan 24, 2015, 5:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ is a great ambassador for Clemson***

Jan 24, 2015, 5:40 PM

yep great player and even greater guy/

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the best recruitng tool... you can be like CJ!

Jan 24, 2015, 5:37 PM

If you work hard and make the right decisions. I think it's outstanding that our former players come back and support the team like this.

Re: FB Update: Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud

Jan 24, 2015, 6:10 PM

He's going to be a special player here at Clemson. Once he fills out some more put on alil weight like CJ did, he can line up all over the field and be tough to stop.

CJ spiller is the most important recruit we have ever picked up.

Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM

After we got CJ it opened up florida for us and we brought in the players we wouldn't have gotten previously like sammy watkins, Ray ray, cain and all the others. Having CJ spiller put on the Orange uniform changed the game for us both on the field when he was here and off the field after he graduated. I remember people griping about retiring his jersey but he's as deserving as any player to ever have their jersey retired here. We honestly weren't anything spectacular when he was here but thanks to him and Ford we were one of the most dangerous teams in the country. We were counting on cj to return kicks and have his superhero type games every game his senior season and he always delivered. That being said I truthfully believe deshaun watson is and will end up in the record books as the best player we've ever had but CJ spiller has done and still does more for recruiting than most realize.

Re: CJ spiller is the most important recruit we have ever picked up.

Jan 24, 2015, 6:43 PM

Gave you a big TU on your post, The hillbilly beater. Spot on!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the biggest injustices ever, was CJ not placing

Jan 24, 2015, 7:07 PM

higher in the Heisman voting his senior year. He was the most exciting player in the country that year, and no one was more important to their team than CJ. Any from all reports, a truly great guy and ambassador for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES it was!!!***

Jan 24, 2015, 7:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was full sec/tebow hype era, never had a shot

Jan 24, 2015, 7:44 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest injustices ever, was CJ not placing ]

I get CJ not getting the invite that year given how Clemson played and historically how the award is given. It only bothers me that Tebow was there with garbage numbers. NFL showed who was better.

Re: That was full sec/tebow hype era, never had a shot

Jan 24, 2015, 11:17 PM

CJ single handedly almost won that ACCCG over GT by himself.. If only we had a little bit of defense that year..

Completely agree - Class Act *******

Jan 24, 2015, 10:57 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest injustices ever, was CJ not placing ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

espn refused to mention his name until the day after Heisman***

Jan 24, 2015, 11:48 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest injustices ever, was CJ not placing ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO an equal injustice was

Jan 25, 2015, 9:54 AM [ in reply to One of the biggest injustices ever, was CJ not placing ]

not giving Sammy a better shot at his own Heisman campaign his last year. Sammy was the best WR in the country and could have won the Heisman. The game plan in the OB should have been the game plan the entire season, give Sammy the ball until they show they can stop him. If we would have done that his numbers would have been even more ridiculous and he would have at least gotten an invite. Games like sc st where he only got 4 catches hurt his numbers. I get those type of games are blow outs and a chance for others to get PT but instead of pulling Sammy in the 1st qtr and leaving Tajh in until the end of the 3rd it should have been the other way around. Sammy should have been the one getting the Heisman push from the coaches not Tajh.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic