Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
great, clemson may never catch fswho in recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,631

great, clemson may never catch fswho in recruiting

Jan 23, 2015, 8:58 AM

http://www.statefansnation.com/2009/05/socar-coach-says-he-games-recruiting-rankings/

photo lawing_zps447df1af.png

now that they've got lawing on bored.

he's good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anything come out of UNC CH that isn't corrupt?***

Jan 23, 2015, 9:00 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

yes, but that's knot going to help clemson's shot at

Jan 23, 2015, 9:02 AM

the recruiting national title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah. Didn't know you were going for something here, DSP.***

Jan 23, 2015, 9:04 AM

null

wookie, it's friday and the world is grand...

Jan 23, 2015, 9:15 AM

photo 7b2ef8d5-8aed-4688-8700-e84b2ece029b_zps03321dab.jpg

so we play it.

;)

Re: wookie, it's friday and the world is grand...

Jan 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

Sounds like he took after his Coot master and suffers from the same delusions of grandeur.
What a tool. Come and get some , ChickenBoy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: wookie, it's friday and the world is grand...

Jan 23, 2015, 9:29 AM

Good graphic Pheebo , but where are Clemson's classes in that scheme ? Im guessing late teens early 20's?
Also , we have beaten 7 teams out of that list shown ...pretty good stuff . Not just hanging with the big boys , beating on them too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: great, clemson may never catch fswho in recruiting

Jan 23, 2015, 9:13 AM

I know very little about the nuts and bolts of football, however, give me fifty five star players and give any coach in the game 50 2 star players and I will beat his brains out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps that's true

Jan 23, 2015, 9:13 AM

but it's evident he can't improve a players worth once he's SIGNED with SCU.
And if you were him, with the class they have, wouldn't you be looking to downplay a players Star rating?
Go Tigers!!

they may not be a perfect science, but they're far from.....

Jan 23, 2015, 9:24 AM

scams.......

going by the rivals rankings 2002-2014...below are the top 11 based on average class rank over that period.

1.SoCal-5.3
2.UF-7.2
3.LSU-7.9
4.FSU-7.9
5.UGA-8.1
6.Oklahoma-10.4
7.Texas-11.8
8.Bama-11.8
9.Ohio State-11.8
10.Auburn-12.4
11.Miami-13.2

10 of those 11 have played for the national title at least once over that period........the ONLY other 2 to even play for the NC over this time period is Notre dame (16th) and Oregon (19th)

side note: all of the above has landed at least ONE top 5 class over that period......the only others to land a top 5 class were Michigan (coaching issues), Tennessee (coaching issues), Nebraska (coaching issues), and Stanford

so to get our hopes up (assuming we keep a top 5 class).......only 15 teams have landed a top 5 class (per rivals 2002-2014) 10 of those have played/eventually played for the national title.

recruiting rankings may not be the "end all" but i'd say it's a VERY GOOD indicator of talent and where your program is headed.

they follow the offers and can be manipulated.

Jan 23, 2015, 9:29 AM

pt barnum would love the $9.99 per month; if the stories are worth that, so be it.

the thing you need to realize about what you just posted....

Jan 23, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to they may not be a perfect science, but they're far from..... ]

That information simply does not support your claim. Why? Because star ratings are CHANGED based on team affiliation. The ratings are manipulated to maximize income from fans of programs who have a high level of fan interest. The ratings don't exist independent of the offers. Rivals makes sure to align its ratings with offers from top programs, known to evaluate talent well.

That doesn't mean that following recruiting is totally worthless but it does mean that putting stock into something like recruiting rankings is pretty ### stupid. It's a fiction that has been intelligently crafted to make itself a part of college football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i get that.......

Jan 23, 2015, 10:09 AM

they're out to make money just like any other business, but there is somewhat of a correlation b/w success and recruiting rankings........yes the offers they have DO carry some weight (and well they should), but they still evaluate/scout/prospect/etc.... to get the stars.............again, is it perfect?......nope, but it's a very good indicator.

are there diamonds in the rough?.....of course
are there 5star flops?.......yes

from a clemson perspective we've had the following 5stars. Keep in mind it's STRICTLY on field TALENT scouting

i'm assuming roscoe crosby was 5star- had personal issues, but when he played he was great (broke freshman WR records)
Ricky Sapp- ended up being good........prolly 4star output
CJ spiller- OBVIOUS
Daquan bowers- took a year or two but lived up to billing...got a little lazy
mike bellamy- from a TALENT perspective he was a 5star........had head issues
tony steward- injured........ended up doing well considering
sammy watkins- OBVIOUS
stephone anthony- took longer than expected ......had a 5star sr season.....4star
deshaun watson- early, but indications he'll live up to billing

we haven't had any "5 STAR FLOPS"............they're out there, but rivals does put thought/effort into it

mcloud-we shall see
cain-we shall see
wilkins-we shall see

Don't disturb the sheep. The recruiting service scam is

Jan 23, 2015, 9:37 AM

working so well that many of its suckers will gloss over this so they can keep hooked up to the teet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just here

Jan 23, 2015, 10:13 AM

for the teet

As long as it isn't really big

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Sounds Spurrious...***

Jan 23, 2015, 1:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This only seems to be the case when usuc is getting hammered

Jan 23, 2015, 9:38 AM

in recruiting. Spurrier's big mouth sure has caused them all sorts of problems this year !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure that's merely a coincidence, no way they could be

Jan 24, 2015, 5:17 PM

related.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,631
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic