Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jae'lon Oglesby......not enrolling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 7,284

Jae'lon Oglesby......not enrolling

Jan 3, 2015, 1:12 PM

At this point, I don't expect former Daniel running back and Clemson commit Jae'lon Oglesby to enroll at Clemson.

Oglesby rushed for an incredible 2,176 yards and 21 touchdowns and had 38 receptions for 557 yards and six touchdowns as a senior, garnering 4-star status by many scouting services. However, he had to enroll at Fork Union in August after failing to gain clearance and has spent the last few months playing receiver at Fork Union while working on getting qualified.

From everything I've heard - he attained that clearance but other factors have been in the mix and he won't be enrolling now or in the summer. I will keep chasing and let you know what else I hear.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David can you confirm his grades were good enough to

Jan 3, 2015, 1:13 PM

enroll?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See...

Jan 3, 2015, 4:00 PM

that's what I was thinking....
But just speculation.

Re: Jae'lon Oglesby......not enrolling

Jan 3, 2015, 1:16 PM

I can't "confirm" in that I don't know all of the workings, but from everything I have heard he was cleared to play by the NCAA and that would usually indicate he was good to go at Clemson.

Thanks***

Jan 3, 2015, 1:25 PM

Best of luck to him. Always follow your heart and mind.***

Jan 3, 2015, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man that sucks baaaaaad!

Jan 3, 2015, 1:19 PM

We have such a GREAT relationship with dw daniel...I really liked Oglesby! If not grades, then what?! Did he get into trouble? I hope HE'S alright. Man, I wish him the best, as long as he doesn't go to the coots.

GO TIGERS!

while I was at clemson, i helped coach basketball at daniel

Jan 3, 2015, 1:26 PM

Part of a coaching internship I had. He was a good kid but had occasional attitude problems. the other kids on the team said he was prone to having a bad attitude too. Too bad, he is a phenomenal athlete and I was really excited about seeing him in orange

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know anything about the situation, but my guess

Jan 3, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to man that sucks baaaaaad! ]

would be a concern of depth... He seems to be hybrid RB/WR kind of player and we are currently loaded. Considering Zac Brooks will be back this year off of injury, and then Gallman, Dye, Choice, and Fuller at RB we are pretty full. Then with Tay kinda playing the WR/RB position too, and Mcloud coming in to be that same kinda guy, as well as the rest of WR corp, finding the field may be tough...

Just a hunch, but like I said, I am not familiar with the situation at all...

It doesn't feel like WR is loaded

Jan 3, 2015, 1:49 PM

with the departures of Priester and Kitt. Only 4 guys returning with meaningful snaps. One redshirted in Thompson. Eight doesn't sound like much with Jae'lon gone and only 3(if McCloud plays receiver) coming in this class.

I would say Williams,Hopper,Scott,Peake,Thompson,Cain,RayRay

Jan 3, 2015, 3:03 PM

Bell............we are pretty much loaded with 4/5 star receivers.

Yeah we are pretty loaded***

Jan 3, 2015, 3:23 PM [ in reply to It doesn't feel like WR is loaded ]

Yep. That's what I was thinking.***

Jan 3, 2015, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I don't know anything about the situation, but my guess ]

Daid, just a stupid question.

Jan 3, 2015, 1:30 PM

Forgive me for asking, something just popped in my head as I heard the news, so I'll ask and risk ridicule. First and foremost, I hope he qualified and didn't get into any trouble to cause this. Also wish JO the best where ever he winds up.

BUT

now the stupid part

could this be a ruse , have the local boy wait until the other WR stars get signed ? Like I said , STUPID, my mind works funny at times.

No question is stupid.....

Jan 3, 2015, 1:32 PM

But no, this is not a ruse. He won't be enrolling and I have heard there were external factors and that is more of a decision by Clemson's coaches than anything. I am sure Coach Swinney will have some comments about the early enrollees next week and we will find out more.

Sorry to hear that other factors have made the coaches make

Jan 3, 2015, 1:34 PM

that decision. Always like to see the local boys do good at Clemson.

I talked to someone close to him last summer

Jan 3, 2015, 2:48 PM

a former DWD teammate, who himself admitted making poor personal choices, said JO had a dark cloud around him and was highly likely to get into trouble if he didn't make changes in his life. Take it for what it's worth, but the kid talking to me wasn't spreading rumors, he was more concerned for him and his future. I hope he can get himself straight and see the light before he turns into another Mike Bellamy. His exact words were "He just stupid, he going to throw everything away"

Re: Daid, just a stupid question.

Jan 3, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Daid, just a stupid question. ]

I would doubt it's a ruse. I've never known Dabo to be anything but truthful. He may not say anything, even if he knows the commitment is coming, if that was agreed to prior, but he never has lied that I'm aware of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on target.***

Jan 3, 2015, 2:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D@mn we need an early signing period...

Jan 3, 2015, 2:15 PM

Good grief...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Hood said it was a Staff decision***

Jan 3, 2015, 2:17 PM

Dude, this guy signed last year and didn't qualify

Jan 3, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to D@mn we need an early signing period... ]

Neither the school or the athlete is bond anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

I'm sure he can go to UNC.

Jan 3, 2015, 2:15 PM

They have less competition and he won't have to go to class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Or FSU.....SC?***

Jan 3, 2015, 4:02 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 7,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic