Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, we whooped 'em by 10 . . . 70 - 60.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,252

Well, we whooped 'em by 10 . . . 70 - 60.

Dec 22, 2014, 9:05 PM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well, we whooped 'em by 10 . . . 70 - 60.

Dec 22, 2014, 9:07 PM

they say there's no such thing as an ugly win....but if there is such a thing....that one was.

Grantham and Blossomgame look to be a cornerstone of Clemson basketball into the future.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Dec 22, 2014, 9:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 22, 2014, 9:09 PM

Well, we outperformed PITT. If that means anything

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winning by 10 over a team...

Dec 22, 2014, 9:13 PM

...with an excellent coach who has been doing this a long time, and have often at least challenges for and have been to the NCAAs by winning their league - is not a bad win.

Particularly with what we were coming off of on Friday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Any win is better than a loss. Having said that,

Dec 22, 2014, 9:18 PM

please let's not twist tonight's performance, a win over a 4-9 Oakland team, into anything more than that.

- H. L. Mencken

Oakland has played a pretty ambitious schedule so far ...

Dec 22, 2014, 9:25 PM

They've had road games at Clemson, Pitt, Arizona, Michigan St. and Iowa St. and they head to Maryland next.

Their 4-9 record may be a bit deceiving.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/oakl/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/schedule/schedule.pdf

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any win is better than a loss. Having said that,

Dec 22, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Any win is better than a loss. Having said that, ]

They've played a really tough schedule. They certainly aren't a great team but are much better than their record.

Not making it more than it is, but you seemingly enjoy...

Dec 23, 2014, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Any win is better than a loss. Having said that, ]

...making it less than it is as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Oakland played 4 games in a week all on the road including

Dec 23, 2014, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Any win is better than a loss. Having said that, ]

an overtime loss just two nights before. Their coach said "we knew we were going to be leg weary and we were."

There were long periods of ugly no-offense, but we won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oakland played 4 games in a week all on the road including

Dec 23, 2014, 10:02 AM

People like the Op would rather us lose so he can come here and say i told you so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You could not be more wrong. Good basketball teams should

Dec 23, 2014, 11:58 AM

expect to beat this Oakland team every time. It should not be regarded as a big accomplishment. I'll stand by that. I don't want to even have the opportunity to come on here and say "I told you so"; I just want us to have a good basketball team, and I'm disappointed with where we are right now.

- H. L. Mencken

"Let's not twist tonight's performance"... By the same token

Dec 23, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Any win is better than a loss. Having said that, ]

Let's not make a concerted effort to find fault in a win. Why do that?

Dec 23, 2014, 9:16 AM

You are pretty pathetic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That's pretty harsh, but I see what you're getting at.

Dec 23, 2014, 12:19 PM

We won the game. Any win is better than a loss especially for a school with a historically bad basketball program and a team still trying to find their way early in the season. We've had some decent wins this year already, and if things go as they have the last few seasons we'll be much improved by season's end. I don't understand Smiling's concerted effort to jump on the public stage after a win and act like a sore winner. Not very Clemson-like.

I guess I have higher hopes for our basketball program

Dec 23, 2014, 1:10 PM

than some. 6 years into Brownell's tenure, we should be hoping for more than getting better by the end of the season; we should be thinking NCAA tourney right out of the gate. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I just don't see it happening this year and I don't feel good about where our program is right now. If we get it together and make the NCAA tourney, I'll be thrilled to be wrong.

- H. L. Mencken

Me too..

Dec 24, 2014, 12:22 AM

Still doesn't make any sense to jump on a public forum and purposely make an issue of a 10-point win.

As far as I've seen Brownell's teams have shown improvement through the years, as seasons go along. Maybe we won't do that, but then again we might.

I'm with you - I think the NCAAs should be the goal. Long way to go, so let's see how it pans out. Thing is, any win in any sport is a good win.

I've been a rabid Clemson sports fan and alum for a long time. Seen plenty of ups and down, but one of the bigger things as far as sports - you take wins wherever you get them, no matter how you get them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,252
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic