Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ole Miss fans are making excuses for Chad Kelly on-line....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,925

Ole Miss fans are making excuses for Chad Kelly on-line....

Dec 22, 2014, 2:19 PM

Their fans really are trash. Here are a few good gems from their 24-7 message board....

dude went an entire year without incident at EMCC...and once he gets home, probably for the first time in a while, he hooks up with the high school friend and gets drunk......hate to hear this, he has a tremendous upside to him, but requires 24 hour guidance..someone like Freeze and company would be good for him.....will he get that opportunity? Guess we will see today...

I will hold my judgement for the real details. Not what buffalo paper published to sell more papers. While I am sure he was running his mouth and fighting I imagine bouncers in a club in Buffalo New York didn't get beat up by a 210 pound QB. Maybe he got a shot in when they beat his ### and then the cops got him after that and I would be upset as well. Not excusing the incident at all but the report makes it sound like he dismantled te bouncers and then said he gonna go get his gun and finsh them off and then fight off the cops. Doubt that a how it went down. And I also doubt all those charges hold up. Looks like they charged him with every possible option. I have seen when people get arrested at bars the bouncers have them charged with everything they can think of and when the police come if you don't just gladly jump in the back of their car they add on to it. Again he shouldn't be out getting in fights but I think it's been made out to much worse than it was. Right now it looks like he is scarface

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another one.....

Dec 22, 2014, 2:22 PM

I for one think that Coach Freeze needs to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to redeem himself once he gets to campus. I like Chad Kelly and want him on our team, if for no other reason than to give Kincade and Buchanan motivation to improve.

Let's not forget that Senquez had problems with authority when Freeze got to campus and Was almost dismissed from the program. Freeze was able to help that young man mature and become an all American both on and off the field.

Let's hope he can impact Chad Kelly's life in much the same way.

is this different from Clemson fans making excuses for

Dec 22, 2014, 2:23 PM

his behavior when here?

tia

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Not entirely different

Dec 22, 2014, 2:27 PM

Though I do think there is a bit more track record now to judge him on.

Don't get me wrong there were some Tiger fans who would've made excuses for him if he came out and admitted he loved killing puppies in his spare time, but at this point it takes someone who ONLY cares about winning to want him on their team. It is evident and obvious that he is simply trouble waiting to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And another...

Dec 22, 2014, 2:23 PM

This is how I see it. He has an attitude problem. But he can play football. If you bring the kid in, as long as he doesn't do anything else like this and he wins football games, then I think we did a good job. I'd rather build this program up with 2 more 10 win seasons with a controversial QB than not have one at all next year and completely waste all of the stockpiled talent we have. If we bring him in and he keeps us in the top 15 the next two years then I think we will be able to sustain that type of football team. More national exposure, more highly rated recruits, more money. Do you see a drop off at FSU because of how Jameis is acting? Not really. They are still a powerhouse and they still recruit better than 95% of the country. Punish him, but if we need him, keep him.

Re: And another...

Dec 22, 2014, 2:31 PM

This sounds like a scared fanbase that is afraid of going back to mediocrity. Can't blame them since they have sucked for so long. Same sort of thing happens at Auburn and Louisville because Auburn is scared of getting lapped by Alabama and UL is scared of going back to being a basketball school so they will take huge chances on players.

It is so funny to see the same people complain about Winston or Cam Newton and yet would tolerate all sorts of garbage at their own school if it means winning a few more games.

Re: And another...

Dec 22, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to And another... ]

You're being sarcastic right??? No one is actually this stupid are they? Would you allow this guy to play on a team if you coached???? Wow

That comment is exactly what is wrong...

Dec 22, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to And another... ]

with a whole lotta things in this world, not just college football. Simply overlook the behavior, disregard the lack of character, ignore the obvious issues as long as he can win some games and keep us relevant. The end justifies the means. Doesn't matter HOW you get there. Just sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Ole Miss needs another quarterback for spring practice.

Dec 22, 2014, 2:38 PM

He won't get let go before spring practice. Gotta have some bodies in the spring, plus it gives them a chance to check out the merchandise and see if he is worth the trouble(which WE know he isn't).

I can't imagine a big time program counting on such an immature and unreliable person to be their starting quarterback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There has been an institutional decision made that it is

Dec 22, 2014, 2:55 PM

better to win and have a tarnished image than to lose. A philosophy that is becoming more popular.

sounding like FSU fans***

Dec 22, 2014, 7:32 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic