Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Many Will Be glad When Christmas is Over?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,893

How Many Will Be glad When Christmas is Over?

Dec 22, 2014, 6:17 AM

The traffic is murder. Trying to think of gifts to buy people. The short days. Dreading the credit card bill
Bah Humbug! haha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try to focus on it's true meaning, and those worldly things

Dec 22, 2014, 6:20 AM

you mention will not matter so much. You should enjoy it for what it is and not what society has made it.

Merry Christmas!

Not me! I rather enjoy the thoughts of others rushing

Dec 22, 2014, 6:25 AM

hither and thither with haste to buy gifts for "the man (who they think) has everything!"

My son's and grandchildren's fealty to the Lord of the Lake rewards me with a persistent smile during this time of year! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Lord of the Lake" That's funny!!***

Dec 22, 2014, 6:34 AM

I remembers as a kid when Christmas was a Magical time of

Dec 22, 2014, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Not me! I rather enjoy the thoughts of others rushing ]

years. Lots of excitement when the lights and trees went up. Waiting for what seemed like forever for Santa to come. Going to the Parade. I remember when the City of Anderson would string lights up across power lines all the way down main street. Want a white Christmas that has only happened 2 times in my life time around here. Man how you look at things change when you get older. Kinda sad

Re: I remembers as a kid when Christmas was a Magical time of

Dec 22, 2014, 6:42 AM

You should celebrate the original, true meaning of Christmas...a pagan winter celebration that no doubt was a kick butt party!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.....My previous message was intended as a joke for

Dec 22, 2014, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Try to focus on it's true meaning, and those worldly things ]

the OP!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How Many Will Be glad When Christmas is Over?

Dec 22, 2014, 6:35 AM

Sounds like you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and remember what Christmas is really about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not all that Old but Still a Good many Loved

Dec 22, 2014, 6:55 AM

ones that made the Holidays more bearable are Dead

My Friend, I am old...or older, let's say...and I prefer to

Dec 22, 2014, 7:24 AM

think of a birth that has made my enjoyment of the season bearable.

That sort of puts the reason for the season in a much more acceptable light to me, and hence, why I have looked forward to it for a long, long time!

Best wishes.

I don't know how old you are but compared to a 80 year old

Dec 22, 2014, 7:43 AM

I am not all that old haha. Compared to a 20 year old, I am old. Yea many can live life through their Children and Grand Children. I guess that is why many have kids. Gives them a reason to go on. Nothing wrong with that.

My 108 year old great aunt would call you a baby!***

Dec 22, 2014, 8:09 AM

Unbelievable! Met a 103 year-old-lady recently out

Dec 22, 2014, 8:40 AM

shopping with her 80 year-old daughter.

She was spry, energetic, of a clear mind and talkative. Said she was "hurrying along" her daughter...because she wanted to have lunch "with a cocktail or two."

Made me want to rush right over to a local pub for one or two myself! lol

That is unbelievable. My aunt stopped driving at 100, has

Dec 22, 2014, 8:49 AM

a clear mind and doesn't need reading glasses. Also, she danced at her 108th birthday party. Something in those waters down in Marion County.

Wow, that's a great story hartins!

Dec 22, 2014, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Unbelievable! Met a 103 year-old-lady recently out ]

Did you ask her out to Singles Bingo night at the Senior Center? Sounds like you two really hit it off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Strange how something year olds

Dec 22, 2014, 9:09 AM

Are still enjoying life and some you talk to wish they could die. Oh I am tired of being sick and going to Doctors. I just want to go on and be with the Lord. Many just refuse treatment that could extend their lives

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,893
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic