Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its amazing how Coach Swinney keeps proving all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,603

Its amazing how Coach Swinney keeps proving all

Dec 21, 2014, 10:19 PM

doubters, fair weather fans and haters wrong.....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its amazing how Coach Swinney keeps proving all

Dec 21, 2014, 10:27 PM

Yea, so glad our coach don't let kids run the program. He makes no exceptions and everybody has to play by the rules.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2014, 10:38 PM

So glad he seems to have a fantastic judge of character. When he does get an idiot like Kelly in the program, he is more than willing to show him the door

So glad he seems to have a fantastic judge of character. When he does get an idiot like Kelly in the program, he is more than willing to show him the door

Dabo has a real opportunity this recruiting cycle to respond to one of my main criticisms of his tenure at Clemson. I hope he follows through and get's it done.

Very happy with Swinney...I would love to hear, however,

Dec 21, 2014, 10:43 PM

how the coaches, especially Swinney and Morris, went into the year with Cole as starting QB.

Maybe it's a simple as "he practiced well, but couldn't do it in the games," but I just can't fathom those two guys watching Watson and Stoudt and not starting Watson. Makes my head hurt to think about how the season may have been different it Watson had it from the get go.

Big picture, I'm extremely glad to have Dabo at the helm. Makes it even better that the coots completely underestimate him and are going to be really really sorry for the next few years, at least.

Re: Very happy with Swinney...I would love to hear, however,

Dec 22, 2014, 9:16 AM

Isn't it easy to see now? Stoudt was the senior guy who had a grasp of the playbook. Kelly could not be counted on because of his inability to deal with adversity. Watson was super talented but as we saw at FSU did not have all the plays mastered. Sure if Watson is the player he is today it is easy to start him at UGA, but the separation in talent was made up for by time in the system. Add to that a fear that you might demoralize your superstar if you start him when he isn't prepared. I look back and am disappointed knowing what Watson could have done against UGA and the opening driving vs FSU but I don't second guess the coaches who made a very logical decision when given all the facts.

null

^ Good points.

Dec 22, 2014, 9:38 AM

We tend to overlook playbook comprehension when this conversation comes up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The interesting thing is that Coach Swinney was initially

Dec 21, 2014, 10:59 PM

reluctant to recruit Kelly because there were some red flags in his past in high school. He was assured that Kelly's problems were not indicative of his character by several people close to Kelly and ultimately took a chance on him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2014, 7:18 AM

Isn't it a amazing at how much Dabo has learned in the last month?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2014, 9:10 AM

One thing I am sure of, Jameis, even with all of his talent, would never have been permitted to stay here as he has turned out to be a total prick...

Dec 22, 2014, 10:03 AM

You are right on, Tiger Jim!! None of us get to see what happens behind the scenes and he helps develop wonderful young men. Some folks don't want the help. I do hope ck will get the help he needs and accept it.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,603
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic