Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look folks. Don't take Swag's comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Look folks. Don't take Swag's comments

Dec 21, 2014, 9:35 PM

out on gun owners.

That's all I got.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to that. I support the 2nd Amendment***

Dec 21, 2014, 9:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support 2nd Ammendment as well, but....

Dec 22, 2014, 9:54 AM

give me one legitimate reason for owning an AK-47 as a private individual. Sorry, I just can't see it. I'm sure Charleton Heston's ghost will haunt me...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I support 2nd Ammendment as well, but....

Dec 22, 2014, 10:01 AM

None, but I'm gonna buy an AR-15 and don't really want one. Why? Because obummer and the #### libs in this country don't want me to have one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Palmetto State Armory has them on sale.***

Dec 22, 2014, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 22, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to I support 2nd Ammendment as well, but.... ]

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Declaration of Independence

The Bill of Rights enumerates freedoms not explicitly indicated in the main body of the Constitution, such as freedom of religion, freedom of speech, a free press, and free assembly; the right to keep and bear arms; freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, security in personal effects, and freedom from warrants issued without probable cause; indictment by a grand jury for any capital or "infamous crime"; guarantee of a speedy, public trial with an impartial jury; and prohibition of double jeopardy.
Synopsis of Bill of Rights of The Constitution

The beauty is that no one needs to give you a legitimate reason. It's protected. Just as your speech is. It's not a privilege. It's a right. I personally don't own one; however, I'm glad many people around me do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why own any firearm?

Dec 22, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I support 2nd Ammendment as well, but.... ]

A 7.62 AK is less powerful than your standard 30-06 rifle. Why own that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to I support 2nd Ammendment as well, but.... ]

I have a semi-auto AK-47 and three AR-15's. They aren't functionally any different from any of the other semi-auto hunting rifles that I own with the exception of their appearance.

They are great sporting rifles, and would be good for home defense, if one were so inclined (I prefer my shotguns and handguns for that purpose). I have also taken the occasional shot at the coyotes that inhabit our property when they get too close to the house.

Oh yeah, I also legally possess several calibers of suppressor. I'm sure you'll ask about a valid reason for those as well. Quiet target practice so we don't bother our rural neighbors...

Ya'll make sure you give this gun-grabber a hearty thumbs down. That question he asked is typical language of the left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My language is from me alone, not from any political leaning

Dec 22, 2014, 1:20 PM

group, I am a Conservative Republican, not that this is is germain to the current discussion. As another reply stated, free speech is a right, just as is gun ownership. As to the "great sporting rifle" comment. I consider sport shooting something in which the animal has a legitimate chance to get away. Me or anyone else who could point a barrel in the general direction of an animal would have a pretty good chance of obliterating it with an AK. But, wait, you said yours were semi-auto, so, if that is really true, I am again confused as to the attraction of these over others that are not considered "assault" type weapons. No need to go all huffy and pull out your NRA card. I, like you, own several shotguns, any of which will be more than adequate for home defense should the need arise, without the need for an AK. We could probably get into a whole separate discussion on "full automatic" AK's but I am pretty sure from your tone I know which side of that argument you would come down on as well. If you can't stand an intelligent discussion, thumb away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My language is from me alone, not from any political leaning

Dec 22, 2014, 1:52 PM

I'm all for responsible citizen owning whatever level of firepower the government will let them. I generally trust the law abiding public more than the government anyway.

Dec 22, 2014, 2:06 PM

I am not here to argue anyones right to own any particular gun. I was just saying, and still say, I can't come up with a good reason to want to own an AK. I put it in the same class with a Veyron coupe. That car is rev limited from the factory to (I think) 253 mph. All that speed might be great, but where is the practical application? Plenty of other cars out there that would get you the same jollies without attracting the unwanted attention. Same goes for the AK. That was my point, not trying to repeal gun ownership rights.

you realize that AKs are less powerful than most hunting

Dec 22, 2014, 2:47 PM

rifles, right?

Re: But I bet they "spray" better than most hunting rifles.***

Dec 22, 2014, 3:06 PM

The "Soviet" look of a semi auto AK and all black scary look

Dec 22, 2014, 5:42 PM

of a semi auto AR certainly get some "spray" points over a traditional semi auto rifle.

Dec 22, 2014, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: But I bet they "spray" better than most hunting rifles.*** ]

I can't remember the last public shooting done with an automatic weapon. Did the columbine kids have them? To much is made about automatic weapons. I would be just as afraid of a nut job walking in a school with a semi-auto rifle as an automatic one. Automatic ones are harder to control anyway. They are really only good for fire suppression which physcopaths aren't worried about anyway.

Dec 22, 2014, 6:20 PM

What I have read is that only 2 crimes have been committed with true automatic weapons since the 1930's when the NFA was established. Both of those crimes happened in Ohio, and one, maybe both, were done by former police officers who had easier access to them.

You've never actually fired something like a .308, have you?

Dec 23, 2014, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: My language is from me alone, not from any political leaning ]

If so, how would you compare it to this AK that you are saying would "obliterate" an animal?

If you've ever actually shot an animal, you would realize that these bullets don't "obliterate" the animal.

And that's all besides the point. When I say "sporting rifle", I'm talking about target shooting, three-gun, run-n-gun, etc. None of those involve shooting at an animal and they are all great fun.

More gun-grabbing language of the left...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to My language is from me alone, not from any political leaning ]

You just proved that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hey Tigerdrummer. Check your Tmail when you get a chance.***

Dec 22, 2014, 3:06 PM

Beat me to it.***

Dec 22, 2014, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: My language is from me alone, not from any political leaning ]

Dec 22, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to I support 2nd Ammendment as well, but.... ]

You can't claim to support one our inalienable rights, but only part of it. thus, you are not a 2A supporter. It's people like you who will allow the grabbers on the left and the middle to take our evil black rifles (with the shoulder thing that goes up) "because what legitimate reason do you have for owning one?" You will be the first one b!tching when Johnny Lawman comes for your .22 Plinker or you 12g o/u family heirloom shotgun. And we will be here to point out that you allowed them an inch, and predictably the took a mile.

If you put a frog in boiling water, it will immediately jump out. If you put it in room temp water and heat it to boiling, you have a cooked frog. In much the same way, as the left takes only those "evil black rifles", the public down the road will be much more amenable to losing their pistols, then their rifles, then their shotguns. So good job playing your role as pawn for the left.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Re: Look folks. Don't take Swag's comments

Dec 21, 2014, 9:37 PM

So ..........non gun owners then ?
LOL . Just an immature kid who has a ton of maturing to do . That is all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Definitely a non-Clemson Sports slant on this story.

Dec 22, 2014, 9:55 AM

Lounge ---------->

null

How about those who are just threatening to be gun owners?

Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 AM

Nobody in particular in mind

null

How about the AK-47 owners who are idiots and shouldn't be

Dec 22, 2014, 2:06 PM

allowed to own them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look folks. Don't take Swag's comments

Dec 22, 2014, 6:23 PM

What shoots is his mouth. Too much, too often.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic