Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quarterback Prospects- Collin Sneed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,452

Quarterback Prospects- Collin Sneed

Dec 20, 2014, 11:09 PM

This is my third post regarding Hillcrest QB Collin Sneed, class of 2016. Since my last post he has won the SC 4A Div 1 state championship (as a junior) convincingly- beat Dutch Fork by 30 who beat Byrnes by 30+. He's being compared to Drew Brees because of his size, arm strength, fast release, and dual threat ability. He throws the long ball as good as can be thrown and regularly throws strikes to crossing receivers way downfield. He has a 4.0+ GPA and has won numerous on/ off the field awards including MLK award and first team region 1 QB 2 years in a row (Sophomore and Junior years). He loves to run inside and has a thick frame with low COG. Auburn, SC, UNC, Duke, NC State, and Wake have shown interest. This young man IS everything Dabo looks for in a student athlete. Check out his highlight links below.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#tbs=qdr:m&tbm=vid&q=collin+sneed+

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quarterback Prospects- Collin Sneed

Dec 20, 2014, 11:36 PM

Alright Mr. Sneed , we know you love your son but this has got to stop. Get the film to the recruiters the same way it has been done for everybody else.
Good day sir.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 21, 2014, 1:24 AM

> Alright Mr. Sneed , we know you love your son but
> this has got to stop. Get the film to the recruiters
> the same way it has been done for everybody else.
> Good day sir.

Your ridiculous comments are offensive to me and demeaning to Collin. My screen name is my real name with no relation to the Sneed family EXCEPT I live in the Simpsonville area and know his father.
FYI- Right now Collin is rated the NUMBER 1 QUARTERBACK IN SC and number 56 nationally by MaxPreps (http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/collin-sneed/IFyMFSoMEeOZXQAmVebBJg/awards.htm). It's highly likely he finishes in the top 30 nationally next year and grows to at least 6'2"- 6'4" 215- 230 lbs. EVERY college football recruiter overlooks a diamond in the rough, which is what he is.

Dec 21, 2014, 12:14 AM

Looks good. The other player that really jumped out of the film is #3 Kevin Eichelberger at WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Dec 21, 2014, 12:19 AM

Justhe from the limited film I would say a solid 3 star. A lot like tuner Isreal but don't see quite the natural thrower tucker is but its very limited flim. Coaches would need to see him in camp.

Dec 21, 2014, 1:36 AM

> Justhe from the limited film I would say a solid 3
> star. A lot like tuner Isreal but don't see quite
> the natural thrower tucker is but its very limited
> flim. Coaches would need to see him in camp.

According to MaxPreps, he's the number 1 QB in SC and 56 nationally. He's a diamond in the rough that may be 6'3" 225 by graduation. No I'm not his father or relative (as Tigerdug23 suggests) but I do live in Simpsonville and have seen him win and dominate at every level. This guy is gonna kill it wherever he goes. Again- nobody has more dedication, FB IQ, talent, and motivation than Collin- not to mention the human being he is off the field. It will be a shame if Clemson doesn't give him a hard look because if they do, the decision will be easy.

Dec 21, 2014, 1:45 AM

So no one can respectfully reply with an honest evaluation of him? I'm sure he's a great kid and yes, there are always sleepers or diamonds in the rough as you call him, but I greatly respect our staff's ability to evaluate talent. We already have a highly rated commit in his class, so that may also affect it, but for you to keep throwing up #1 QB in SC and #56 QB nationally and the offering your best guess at the size he "may" grow to be as proof that we just have to take this kid is a bit much. Saying no one has the talent, motivation, and football iq of this kid also really shows your bias. Let's be realistic...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2014, 2:07 AM

> So no one can respectfully reply with an honest
> evaluation of him? I'm sure he's a great kid and yes,
> there are always sleepers or diamonds in the rough as
> you call him, but I greatly respect our staff's
> ability to evaluate talent. We already have a highly
> rated commit in his class, so that may also affect
> it, but for you to keep throwing up #1 QB in SC and
> #56 QB nationally and the offering your best guess at
> the size he "may" grow to be as proof that we just
> have to take this kid is a bit much. Saying no one
> has the talent, motivation, and football iq of this
> kid also really shows your bias. Let's be realistic...

I spoke out the same way for Chandler Catanzaro before he came to Clemson as a walk on and received similar responses. Reason- because he was an extremely cool kid with unparalleled work ethic, which perfectly describes Sneed. Chandler, regardless if basketball, soccer, or football, would simply win in the end... PERIOD. You can't coach winning. DW has it- KB not so much. CS has it. Although it may seem like a long shot to some, it's apparent to me.

Athleticism is great- but when a kid tells you from a High School (that has had ONE WINNING SEASON in 30 years) that he's gonna win the state championship (we all laughed) and - bam- 2 years later he does, this is special. If you want to win, you recruit winners.

Dec 21, 2014, 10:55 AM

You are so obviously heavily biased on this matter that its not even funny.

Serious questions

Dec 21, 2014, 6:47 AM

Have you sent in a respectful letter and tape to the coaching staff? (Or has his family?) I doubt many can do here besides repost, etc.

What does the recruit want to do? Does he even want to go to Clemson? Has he been to the campus? Unofficial of Official visits? How about Dabo's camps?

I'm sure there has been activity on his side...just curious what.

Re: Serious questions

Dec 21, 2014, 7:00 AM

I didn't mean to offend. I have a little bit of the smartypants in me .
Honestly , he looks to have a nice touch , some good zing . Looks a bit under or right around 6 ft. but that is hard to determine from the film . I bet he ends up at a good program , but Clemson is all set at the position through recruiting excellently .
Good luck to young Mr. Sneed , and he is lucky to have such an ardent advocate as you Mr. Evans .
??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

get him to go to one of the football camps that they hold

Dec 21, 2014, 7:50 AM

at clemson, where the coaches can see/evaluate his skills. if he impresses one of the coaches, i am sure this staff knows what to do. in the meantime, and at the least, send the coaches some tape, it worked for d-rod.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya'll are seriously underestimating our coaching staff

Dec 21, 2014, 9:40 AM

if you think they don't know about a quarterback who won the state championship at an upstate SC high school. Heck they find off the radar prospects two states away. I'm pretty sure they are aware of this young man.

I'll take him!

Dec 21, 2014, 10:28 AM

You've convinced me. I want him on my high school fantasy team next year. Other than that, I can't help you but thanks.

Dec 21, 2014, 10:48 AM

Eh, pretty good player but we are set at QB. No need for him.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,452
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic