Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody remember "The Outlaws"??...great story (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,449

Anybody remember "The Outlaws"??...great story (link)

Dec 20, 2014, 6:47 PM

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/12/20/4416002_harvey-dalton-arnold-finds-his.html?sp=/99/100/&rh=1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the best southern rock bands of their time.

Dec 20, 2014, 8:13 PM

One of my old girlfriends is Facebook friends with Arnold and keeps me posted on what's going on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good, but not in league with Allmans & Marshall Tucke

Dec 20, 2014, 10:16 PM

r. I remember going to a Chuck Berry concert in Littlejohn in about 1971, opening acts were Marshall Tucker Band AND Lynyrd Skynyrd. Around the same time, saw the Allman Brothers before Duane died. Littlejohn used to get some helluva concerts back in those days. While I was there from 69-72, also saw Rod Stewart, Ike & Tina Turner, Chicago, James Gang, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Three Dog Night, Crosby, Stills & Nash and others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember "The Outlaws"??...

Dec 20, 2014, 9:40 PM

I saw them in Tillman in the late 70's Also saw Pure Prairie League. I think it was 1977.
Great show

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of really good muscians out of this area

Dec 20, 2014, 9:52 PM

Audley Freed - Burgaw - Cry of Love after that Black Crowes, Frampton, Dixie Chicks and Cheryl Crowe

Charlie Daniels

That's just two.... There are a bunch more...... And those are just the well known ones. Wilmington and surrounding area are loaded with talent

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

dixie chicks? really bro? ;)***

Dec 27, 2014, 10:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand the reference to all these bands

Dec 28, 2014, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Lots of really good muscians out of this area ]

Frampton is from England, Sheryl Crow from Missouri, Black Crowes from Georgia, Charlie Daniels from Tennessee, and Dixie Chicks from Texas. So, what is their connection to Wilmington?

Oh, Audley Freed has played with all those guys. Okay??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why hayull yeah!

Dec 20, 2014, 10:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

Great story by the way - thanks for sharing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nice article, but the writer pissed me off when he said...

Dec 20, 2014, 10:29 PM

the Outlaws "were right behind the Allman Bros & Lynyrd Skynyrd on the southern rock totem pole. The Marshall Tucker band was right up there with ABB and Skynyrd, and way ahead of the Outlaws. ABB, MTB & Skynyrd were definitely the big three of 1970's southern rock, even though several others like the Outlaws were very good.

Re: Nice article, but the writer pissed me off when he said...

Dec 27, 2014, 9:57 PM

Molly Hatchet was big too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

not quite eric clapton, but a nice little version of "badge"

Dec 27, 2014, 10:05 PM

at the end of the article. For those wondering, the song got its name when he scribbled "bridge" in one of the early hand written versions. It was misread and the rest, as they say, is history. Green Grass and High Tides to all !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Florida Guitar Army..

Dec 28, 2014, 7:55 AM

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,449
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic