Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables focusing on Clemson, not Oklahoma, as bowl game nears
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables focusing on Clemson, not Oklahoma, as bowl game nears

Dec 20, 2014, 7:01 AM

Venables focusing on Clemson, not Oklahoma, as bowl game nears

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables will face off against his former team when the Tigers take on Oklahoma in the bowl game, but Venables would rather talk about his top-ranked defense than his ties to the Sooners. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully,

Dec 20, 2014, 7:35 AM

Coach Venables can make Oklahoma rue the day they let him get away!

Re: Hopefully,

Dec 20, 2014, 9:29 AM

I've got a feeling they already do but I'd love to see coach V compound it!

Re: Hopefully,

Dec 20, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Hopefully, ]

I fully expect they already do, and I'm glad Dabo went after him. He has been a great fit at Clemson, and we've been a great fit for him, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didn't let him go.***

Dec 20, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Hopefully, ]

They didn't do much to keep him, either.***

Dec 21, 2014, 7:38 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but OU's Offense may have a secret weapon...

Dec 22, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Hopefully, ]

Remember the Clemson QB that outscored Georgia Tech's offense with some pick sixes? Let's hope we don't rinse and repeat that debacle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Beat the Oklahoma!***

Dec 20, 2014, 7:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables focusing on Clemson, not Oklahoma, as bowl game nears

Dec 20, 2014, 8:08 AM

I can't speak for anybody but myself. And myself believes with fairness to every coach that has ever coached at Clemson in my time, Brent Venables Gets It. He is One of a very few number of coaches I've ever known at Clemson or any where else that understands that the Clemson people who truly love Clemson and Clemson athletics, he knows that we want it all. We want the hard nose, hard hitting tough as nails players that play the take no prisoners violet FB. But we want all that done in the most respectful way as it can be done the right way. When its all said and done, we don't want to hear folks saying yes they are the best, but they got there by cheating or by playing dirty FB. BV's last paragraph says to all of Clemson Nation that he gets it, and that he knows something about the pride and respect that we have for Clemson. Not many coaches give a crap about what the fan base wants or expect, Brent Venables does.

In Brent Venables Own Words are; ("You never beat your chest but you recognize performance,” he said. “We’re in a performance-based profession and our guys have worked hard and been really consistent. It’s been a process to get here and pride is in watching how our guys play with toughness and relentless effort, discipline and I know that the pride that the Clemson football family and constituency has for watching these guys play. Not for what the stats might say – and I’m sure there are people proud for that – I am and so do those that love Clemson football for how they play this game with respect, discipline and toughness and relentless effort.”) he gets it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2014, 9:32 AM

Sounds like a head coach talking. I'd love to keep coach V through 2017.

Dec 20, 2014, 10:43 AM

Great press conference and he said it better than any Clemson Coach that I can remember for a long time . That 1 paragraph is a statement for Clemson Football. I hope he finds multiple ways to absolutely just clobber Oklahoma's offense like they never have been beat before. GO COACH VENABLES AND GO TIGERS!!!!

Dec 20, 2014, 2:36 PM

Great defense from an awesome coach and recruiter. Give him a hefty raise. Great class coming in with redshirts in waiting. Coach Venables is the real thing...energetic, passionate, and he loves the players and the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2014, 6:56 PM

This response is aimed more at the writer...David Hood.
This was a very difficult article to follow. It seems (at best) to be collage of words just jumbled together about Oklahoma, Venables and Clemson. It (the article) is absolutely void of any flow, rhyme or reason. I'm sorry...it was difficult to follow. I had to keep re-reading the previous sentence just to try and understand the points you were trying to focus on. And that may have been the problem, points but no substance. Respectfully, I expect more from a Senior writer.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic