Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we redoing Littlejohn or tearing it down?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,013

Are we redoing Littlejohn or tearing it down?

Dec 20, 2014, 12:16 AM

I have heard conflicting stories.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we redoing Littlejohn or tearing it down?

Dec 20, 2014, 1:16 AM

Demolishing inside and redoing

Where will they play in the meantime?***

Dec 20, 2014, 8:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenville

Dec 20, 2014, 12:54 PM

Bi-Lo Center or whatever it's called now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

They want to add suites and luxury boxes to the arena...

Dec 20, 2014, 8:27 AM

so I am hearing demolish and rebuild. Tigers play in Bi Lo Center for a year.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

They are fixing something that isn't a problem

Dec 20, 2014, 12:22 PM

LJC is not the issue or a problem in recruiting. It is a fine stadium. If they want new practice facilities, offices, etc. then they should build a practice facility between LJC and Esso. There is plenty of room to build something nice and it will save money. I honestly do not like the idea of going from 10,000 seats to 8,500. When we field a good team that competes (see Purnell) we fill up the stadium with no issues. Building suites is a waste in Clemson.

Any idea how many Cameron Indoor seats?

Dec 20, 2014, 12:57 PM

9314 plus SRO.

We'll be just fine with 8500 with our fanbase.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Are you serious? Facilities are currently a huge hindrance.

Dec 20, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to They are fixing something that isn't a problem ]

If we want to be an NCAA team every year - and I fully believe that should be our standard - then the upgrades to Littlejohn are absolutely necessary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Are you serious? Facilities are currently a huge hindrance.

Dec 20, 2014, 8:32 PM

But what specifically? There is nothing wrong with it as a stadium. I don't disagree some nice practice facilities would be useful. So why not build those rather than destroy LJC?

Nothing wrong with it?

Dec 20, 2014, 8:37 PM

Line of site issues, locker rooms upstairs and obsolete, basketball offices and training areas off site, press accommodations are a joke. Duke can get by with it, they are Duke. We can't

Re: They are fixing something that isn't a problem

Dec 20, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to They are fixing something that isn't a problem ]

IMO, the biggest facility need for basketball to improve recruiting was mainly a state of the art practice facility along with player amenities (ie. weightroom, lounge, meeting rooms, etc) along the lines of the football program. As long as LJ is a decent facility, don't think it plays a very significant roll with the players and recruits. They spend the majority of time in the practice facility and the other related areas.

Certainly there are some upgrades needed for LJ to maybe attract more students, but not a total remake. As far as attracting more attendance from alumni and other fans, basketball doesn't have the gameday experience like football with pre and post game tailgating. It's just a two hour event. As such, with most games available on TV, traveling even from G'ville on a cold and/or rainy day or night is not appealing when it can be viewed in more comfortable surroundings. I may be wrong, but don't think the redo will make a signifcant difference in attendance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic