Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The lack of interest in the bball game tonight is odd...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The lack of interest in the bball game tonight is odd...

Dec 19, 2014, 4:57 PM

I hate the coots in all sports and tonight is no different, I can't wait and want to hear what everyone thinks the outcome will be....

I think we surprise with one of our best defensive efforts of the season and finally get some outside shots to fall, Harrison and roper with big games and tigers win something like 70-60, thoughts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if it was a movie

Dec 19, 2014, 5:03 PM

i'd buy a ticket.

go tigers!

35-17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...

Dec 19, 2014, 5:04 PM

Think there is a little more interest than normal because both teams are playing decent and they didn't schedule the game right around the football rivalry. I think there will be about 12 to 13k at the game which is pretty good crowd. At least a third of those Clemson fans. I like your outlook about the game but think it will be a little lower scoring game. Roper will hit some baskets to get out of his slump coming back home. Also, watch for Blossomgame to hit a couple of 3s like in the key wins over Duke and FSU last year. 62-59 Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they have come out of their Big South slump

Dec 19, 2014, 5:06 PM

And are ready to fry some chicken!

I agree with your prediction

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

How can any juan think of basketball when we're trying to

Dec 19, 2014, 5:04 PM

win the best stadium pole?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^ not the first time he's taken the wind out of the sails.***

Dec 19, 2014, 5:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, right? If we loose, are pole coach should be

Dec 19, 2014, 5:20 PM [ in reply to How can any juan think of basketball when we're trying to ]

FIRED! Let's get the pole situation fixed before we start worrying about bassetball!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The lack of interest in the bball game tonight is odd...

Dec 19, 2014, 5:07 PM

If we get there Okla. State game we will get beat down there tonight. We lost to Gardner Webb? Let's pray.

We also our coming off wins over ranked Arkansas and Auburn...

Dec 19, 2014, 5:10 PM

Got our mo jo back since their win. They had a 13 day lay off. Rusty...

if they get are arkansas gane what wood ewe expect there

Dec 19, 2014, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The lack of interest in the bball game tonight is odd... ]

fans to due?

We're not a basketball school. That's why.

Dec 19, 2014, 5:14 PM

And the opponent is about as un-sexy as it gets.

We've never been a basketball school, but there has been

Dec 19, 2014, 5:22 PM

much greater interest in our basketball team, and certainly much more buzz about this game in years past, so I'm thinking that's not it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We're not a basketball school. That's why.

Dec 19, 2014, 5:39 PM [ in reply to We're not a basketball school. That's why. ]

It is still a rivalry game, so even if we were 0-9 so far I'd still expect some banter about beating the chickens. Actually it we were 0-9 there would certainly be some talking going on haha

Dec 19, 2014, 5:19 PM

Tell you what I think....it's Christmas and many are thinking other thoughts such as shopping or what party or restaurant
to go to. The wife and I are busy running here or there and won't get into BB until after the new year.
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'm pretty freaking excited

Dec 19, 2014, 5:27 PM

I always relish a chance to fry the coots

I think part of it is not seeing (yet) an identity and the

Dec 19, 2014, 5:33 PM

early losses. Those early losses to mid major teams set a bad tone,

Last year we had KJ and in other years we've had other dynamic play makers. I see some emerging with this team but not yet to that degree. Also, we're not killer as much on D as we have been in prior seasons under Brownell.

That said, if we keep wining I think it will definitely build momentum and you'll see more interest.

Dec 19, 2014, 5:38 PM

63-59 Tiger's all the way baby. Definitely on the backs of Roper and Blossomgame. Defense is the key for the Tiger's. Hitting 3's early will be great for our confidence and taking the crowd out of it. IMO. You know Brownell has got our guys ready baby.

Dec 19, 2014, 5:40 PM

I'm digging the confidence, knock down some early threes and I think the game becomes much more interesting for us

Under BB, bad early season losses put a damper

Dec 19, 2014, 5:47 PM

on enthusiasm. Hard to get hopes up.

Go Tigers - crush the coots

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect to finish off

Dec 19, 2014, 6:34 PM

a perfect season in SEC basketball tonight with a great defensive effort.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic