Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re the "tell" and other like it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,001

Re the "tell" and other like it...

Dec 19, 2014, 3:19 PM

I've thought for some time that every staff should have someone or someone's on board that would just study player tendencies. I have to believe, that with enough study, one could pick-up on tendencies that could change a game. If true, which I have no reason to doubt, the Dylan Thompson "tell" of how he positioned his legs for a snap being a pre-snap read for the D is/was BIG. I imagine that if you watched 40-60 hrs of film a week on a team, you would really notice things...maybe a reciever tightens his gloves as he breaks the huddle on a pass play. Maybe a runningback settles into his stance a bit sooner on a run. Maybe a linebacker makes a certain movement pre-snap on a blitz.

I'm one of those people that pick out the stupid stuff in a movie...like the guys collar was buttoned one moment, unbuttoned for no reason the next type thing. So...I volunteer to take a sizeable pay check in return for my services. Please pass this along to Dabo. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re the "tell" and other like it...

Dec 19, 2014, 3:25 PM

Believe me this kind of stuff gets picked up on in film study.

null

Re: Re the "tell" and other like it...

Dec 19, 2014, 3:28 PM

You want in on spy gate?...

Spygate lol.

Dec 19, 2014, 4:08 PM

I guess anyone studying film is a spy gg

I'm the same way. When watching a movie, if the red car

Dec 19, 2014, 3:49 PM

is in a parking space when a character enters a restaurant, then is in a different space when the character exits, I notice right away.

My wife gets annoyed when I will pause a movie to point out a boom shadow or a crew member in the background.
As for tendency and tells..as another poster said..they can pick it up. We did it in high school and they certainly do at higher levels.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I would assume they pick it up...but I'm wondering if they

Dec 19, 2014, 4:06 PM

honestly get it all. My guess is, they are much more concerned, and spend 99% of their time, breaking down alignment, etc, than they do looking for a players "tell". My guess is, too, the "tell" could come from different area's of the field...maybe it's in the coach who has the call, maybe in the qb who is signling in the play, etc. Just a thought.

They already do. College coaches are limited in how much...

Dec 19, 2014, 4:13 PM

time for preparation activities. They don't have all day like the NFL, to look at game tape with the players. So it's common in college for teams to look over tendencies, because of the limitations of practice time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic