Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier's 4-5 comment/Mark Fields
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,659

Spurrier's 4-5 comment/Mark Fields

Dec 17, 2014, 9:41 PM

Actually made me laugh out loud. He sounds like Bill Clinton when the scandal first started heating up. The comment (if he was even being serious) is obviously damage control. Spurrier will be 70 by next fall... I'm not sure if he can take another 2-3 or 4-5 years of nothing winning anything in the SEC with UGA loading up and Tennessee rebuilding, and the SEC West being the class of college football then looking at us and seeing number 4 at QB, 9 and 23 at RB, and 3 at WR for AT LEAST the next 2 years. If he actually makes it to 3 years, I'd be astonished. Recruiting class drying up... no SEC title in sight... national championship long gone... I say he coaches until he beats Clemson and UGA in the same season. He had his best team in 2010 but then he ran into a guy by the name of Cam Newton (thanks again Cam). The glory days of South Carolina football are behind you and all you have to show for it is a 2010 SEC East Division Championship and a couple of Capital One Bowl wins, Steve.

As far as Mark Fields goes, let's not paint the kid Clemson orange yet. It's true that all signs point to us right now with Van Smith being his best friend, having a CB opening b/c of the Briscoe decommittment (huge upgrade), and his HS coach having great connections at Clemson. But Texas (doubt he goes there), UGA (why not?), and SCar (could recommit) are all great landing spots for his services. I think we probably lead but it's way too early to call him a Clemson lock. Good thing Van Smith is an early enrollee and when Fields makes his visit in mid January he should be his host for the weekend. I like the sound of the that especially being close to signing day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one is going to buy the Spurrier comments

Dec 17, 2014, 9:47 PM

Cats out of the bag.

Fields had other reasons to decommit other than Spurrier. I'd say Clemson is in great shape.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: No one is going to buy the Spurrier comments

Dec 17, 2014, 11:07 PM

Don't disagree! I love our chances. If he's smart, so does he.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one is going to buy the Spurrier comments

Dec 17, 2014, 11:31 PM [ in reply to No one is going to buy the Spurrier comments ]

Their RB commit Mon Denson tweeted his allegiance so I guess he fell for it. Hilarious.

Everyone knows Spurrier is completely FOS.....

Dec 18, 2014, 8:16 AM

and he's now in damage control mode.

This is akin to closing the door to the coop after the chickens have already gotten out.

Nice try but no one's buying it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Spurrier's 4-5 comment/Mark Fields

Dec 18, 2014, 8:21 AM

I think Spurrier made it worse by trying to come back and say that. All that comment did was make everyone sake their head and laugh, that old age must really be catching up to him. He would have been better off saying he was sticking with what he said or nothing at all.

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,659
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic