Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Truth on Shaq Lawson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,592

Truth on Shaq Lawson

Dec 17, 2014, 9:35 PM

For those that don't know. Shaq obviously is a local guy (went to Daniel) and has a story similar to the blindside. i.e. rough home life. Taken in by a nice Clemson family and lived with them on and off through high school. Is an awesome person to be around. I'm a current student and I've spoke with his 'adopted' sister recently (as tonight) and let's just say I'm very confident he will be sporting a jersey with an NCAA logo on it for at least another year. Shaq said he just wants to see his grade.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truth on Shaq Lawson

Dec 17, 2014, 9:37 PM

Not ruling out all possibility I guess. Cause obviously Hood's quote says he's thought about it. But perhaps that was more of a figure of speech. Let's just hope this future 1st rounder stays whatever may be the case.

Dec 17, 2014, 9:44 PM

If he grades out 2nd round or 1st round, he's gone. But I think he'll grade out at 5th round

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dec 17, 2014, 9:49 PM

I'd say 1st round only, which ain't happening. But really could happen next year if he gets his mind and can stay focused all year. Like his clemson mama keeps telling him.

Dec 17, 2014, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Truth on Shaq Lawson ]

Agree with this. He's got 1st day talent but a 3rd day resume at this point (the latter of which obviously only because he's played 2 years and behind studs).

Dec 17, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Truth on Shaq Lawson ]

I think that Lawson has great NFL potential . Is he ever going to be a "1st Rounder " as I have heard a few suggest on TNet ? Who knows. I do think he has the ability to come out in a year as certainly a high second rounder (Brandon Thompson type range ) and I don't doubt for a millisecond that Shaq could work himself into 1st round contention as the next great Tiger DE !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So first you say you know for sure he is staying,

Dec 18, 2014, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Truth on Shaq Lawson ]

Then in your next post say you hope that he stays?

I hope he stays, but you don't do a good job of establishing any credibility.

4th Round

Dec 17, 2014, 10:00 PM

They purposely go lower on these guys and I'm glad, you don't want a young player to submit paperwork and go rounds lower than they'd been led to believe.
And with another year of experience he has the potential for a big contract. Wish him the best.
Go Tigers!!

Re: 4th Round

Dec 17, 2014, 10:06 PM

I think the NFL actually just changed the policy to reflect that reality after the last draft. Someone can add to this if they can elaborate.

I think the scales are more general - like "1st round" "2nd round" and "stay in school" these days...but it wasn't like that before.

See Vic Hampton and Kelcey Quarles.

I think...

Dec 17, 2014, 10:01 PM

his grade won't be where he wants it, therefore he'll come back and work even harder. Better for him. Better for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2014, 10:08 PM

It just doesn't seem like he's played for the Tigers for 2 seasons already. It seemed like last yr he came on campus, time has flown.

Dec 17, 2014, 10:18 PM

I say he gets a 5th-7th round grade but he would likely be a 3rd or 4th round risk/project he could be a 1st or 2nd round pick with a big year next year and if he stays for his senior year could end like Beasley is projected as a high 1st round pick.

Records

Dec 17, 2014, 10:16 PM

Keep in mind he already has 21 TFLs and 7.5 sacks for his career. If he played two years as a starter he could break all Vic's records. Vic has 32 sacks and 49.5 TFLs. Shaq would need to average 12.5 sacks and only 14.5 TFLs each year to set a new Clemson standard.

Dec 17, 2014, 11:06 PM

The fact that Shaq specifically pointed out Vic and learning from him this past season, tells me he wants to come back at least one more season. Vic came back for his Sr year, so you would think that's one thing he learned from him as well. Any player that's eligible will always send papers just to get an idea of where they stand, that way they know how much they need to improve for the next year. I seriously doubt he'll declare this season after being in a backup roll and splitting time. Next year could be a HUGE breakout season for him and lock him as a 1st-2nd rd pick. Not to mention, the draft is LOADED with DE's this year in the draft.

More context

Dec 18, 2014, 7:11 AM

The family situation is likely related to the fact that his father passed away when he was in high school. He sees himself as the man of the house now. I understand either way but think it's in his best interest to stay.

Re: More context

Dec 18, 2014, 7:59 AM

Needs to take his cue from Vic. Stay in school, enjoy the college life as long as he can. The pros will appreciate the extra seasoning and growth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,592
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic