Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scholarship question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,412

Scholarship question...

Dec 16, 2014, 11:46 AM

Is there a rule that would prevent the Davis twins from becoming walk ons?

My thinking is this...Their father works on staff. Two scholly's could be "saved" by simply asking them to walk on, then offsetting the expense by giving Jeff Davis a compensatory salary increase.

While this is an obvoius end around the system, is there any way to prove that is what is happening?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

state run, public skewl system might frown down upon this...***

Dec 16, 2014, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure they would, if they could prove it. What would

Dec 16, 2014, 11:59 AM

they do for proof? Point to a post on Tigernet?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

i'm sorry, maybe i wasn't clear enough. the system will not

Dec 16, 2014, 12:02 PM

allow a "bump" of this sort without prior approval if it's even possible based on their "broadbanding".

maybe a different role or title with different job description further up the food chain might allow a $60K pop?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about a $15000 raise with a 6 year contract extension?

Dec 16, 2014, 12:11 PM

In coaching that would be something copensatory.

interest bearing? there could be out-of-pocket expenses

Dec 16, 2014, 12:19 PM

as well not to mention contracts often involve "representatives"; they like to get paid too.

no, no. seems 2 scholarships for a couple of great young men might be best for all concerned, but i wouldn't stand in your way if you wanted to carbon copy drad on your idea.

the worst that could happen is the two of you part friends.

What if DRad got a bit huffy and we ending up throwing?

Dec 16, 2014, 12:25 PM

We may not part friends. I wouldn't want to risk that.

are you skiddish? maybe we should get mr vegas, gwp, to

Dec 16, 2014, 12:31 PM

handle this from here? he's a risk taker, a real hard charger.

I'm all for a proxy.***

Dec 16, 2014, 12:40 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic