Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris says meeting with Watson was "emotional" but also left him with peace
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 103
| visibility 3,301

New Story: Morris says meeting with Watson was "emotional" but also left him with peace

Dec 4, 2014, 1:53 PM

Morris says meeting with Watson was "emotional" but also left him with peace

Former offensive coordinator Chad Morris experienced a wide range of emotions this past weekend, coupling a satisfying win over South Carolina with the bittersweet knowledge of the players and the memories he was leaving behind. What does he say about his meeting with Deshaun Watson? What was the high point of his tenure at Clemson? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Morris says meeting with Watson was "emotional" but also left him with peace

Dec 4, 2014, 2:00 PM

He sounds like a Clemson man. Wish him well throughout his career. Unless of course he is playing the Tigers ;)

its going to be different not seeing him on the sideline

Dec 4, 2014, 2:05 PM

Calling plays. I thank him for what he has done for this university..no doubt he left this football program in a better shape than when he got here. Good luck coach Morris, I wish you nothing but the best

Re: its going to be different not seeing him on the sideline

Dec 4, 2014, 3:51 PM

agree100%

Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision***

Dec 4, 2014, 2:06 PM

Re: Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision***

Dec 4, 2014, 2:10 PM

can you expand on what you are trying to imply here, or are you just saying Dabo is an emotional guy?

Promoting Napier & SCelliOTT was emotional, not business.***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:05 PM

Re: Promoting Napier & SCelliOTT was emotional, not business.***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:24 PM

Looks like someone didn't *READ THE ARTICLE*

Nothing about the article just that his coot team got

Dec 4, 2014, 5:38 PM

man handled Saturday and will take some time to get over his emotions. He, like other coots, need to realize that Dabo isn't going anywhere and with the recruits coming in might want to just accept reality.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back to TAKING WHAT THE DEFENSE GIVES US

Dec 4, 2014, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Promoting Napier & SCelliOTT was emotional, not business.*** ]

That's all I remember Dabo telling Cullen Harper and Parker. Third and long. Throw it to the check down receiver. It got so bad, we never went vertical down the field. I just hope he doesn't ruin Watson that way after his first pick. I can see Dabo doing that again.

Tell 'em coot

Dec 4, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

#9 to 6-6 35-17 66-42-4

Re: Tell 'em coot

Dec 4, 2014, 9:24 PM

He's right! If you think the way he handled Stoudt this season wasn't emotional you may be the cooter here.

Anything Else

Dec 4, 2014, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Cocklover?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 4, 2014, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Good thing Dabo made such a tremendous business to bring him here, don't you think... Or maybe you don't really think. Sorry to cause any confusion for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hiring Chad was smart. Promoting Napier & SCellioTT, risky.***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:07 PM

Re: Hiring Chad was smart. Promoting Napier & SCellioTT, risky.***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:26 PM

Any move is risky, man! Give me your honest opinion of why the promotion was an "emotional" move?

He promoted unproven pals over proven OCs. Emotion ruled.***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:39 PM

Re: He promoted unproven pals over proven OCs. Emotion ruled.***

Dec 4, 2014, 6:11 PM

He went out and hired Morris 1 year out of High School coaching and you think that was a great business decision with no risk? He was also smart enough to go out and get Venables when he needed a boost on the defensive side.

Now, he's got 2 coaches that have trained in the system for 4 years with Morris, one of whom won a state championship when he was a HS coach, and you call this one emotional? Boy, you are eaten up with brilliance, aren't you? Go back to The Roach and bow down in front of the 85' idol. 6-6 is calling. Jealousy is not becoming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Dec 4, 2014, 6:14 PM

Morris turned Tulsa around. They beat NOtre Dame. Do you remember that? Didn't think so. #######

Dec 4, 2014, 6:23 PM

All hires are risky. I simply pointed out that Morris was only one year out of HS. Yes it was a great year at Tulsa, but it was still only one year. When he was hired, I thought Morris had great potential, yet I heard over and over and over how he was unproven.

Razzmacoot was claiming that was a great business decision, while this promotion of two coaches that have worked 4 years with Morris is emotional only, no business involved. Now you want to come over with your coot pulse and call me names? Go soak your beak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

There was a large part of the fanbase that criticized the

Dec 4, 2014, 8:53 PM

decision to hire Chad Morris even after his success in his one year at Tulsa. The talk was that he was still not much more than a HS coach and his success at Tulsa was much less impressive because of their conference and strength of schedule.

Do you remember all the people who were calling for the hire of Ralph Friedgen since he had been fired and used to be considered a premiere offensive mind? I'm so glad Dabo made the decision to hire Chad instead of the Fridge.

I was a Morris fan since Tulsa. I'm glad Dabo hired him too.***

Dec 4, 2014, 8:55 PM

Tulsa had Graham as head coach, now head coach at Arizona

Dec 4, 2014, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: He promoted unproven pals over proven OCs. Emotion ruled.*** ]

St. Graham was at Tulsa 4 years and only one bad season. Tulsa had pieces in place, Morris did not walk into a bare cupboard. He was only in Tulsa 1 year before Dabo hired him and FGF was full of coots laughing at Dabo for firing Morris

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hiring, not firing***

Dec 4, 2014, 7:53 PM

Re: Tulsa had Graham as head coach, now head coach at Arizona

Dec 4, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Tulsa had Graham as head coach, now head coach at Arizona ]

Did Dabo really "fire" Morris? News to me.

Morris's Tulsa was #5 in total O, #6 in scoring. Lower risk!

Dec 4, 2014, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: He promoted unproven pals over proven OCs. Emotion ruled.*** ]

Apparently you didn't see what Morris did as OC at Tulsa. I did. For some reason (no other good games on the TV or something) I watched a Tulsa game early that season. Morris’s offense was so much fun to watch that I started watching Tulsa almost ever time they were on TV. It was very impressive. And it wasn't just against inferior opponents. Tulsa/Morris beat @Notre Dame. People in the know, knew about Morris.

Morris was a Texas high school coaching legend. He proved himself with back-to-back undefeated HS seasons in Texas, state championships, etc. Not nearly as risky as SCelliOTT.

Re: Morris's Tulsa was #5 in total O, #6 in scoring. Lower risk!

Dec 4, 2014, 8:07 PM

ever thought people in the know might know how much knowledge Jeff and Tony have about this offense. I wish we went after someone proven but Dabo has a great track record at hiring assistants so I trust his ability to evaluate the situation.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Great track record? Napier, Steele, Morris, Venables. 50%.

Dec 30, 2021, 12:23 PM

I heard the same thing about Dabo being in the know when he promoted Napier.

So there are only two asst coaches per team???

Dec 5, 2014, 7:26 AM

And by the way, can you go through the rest of the top 10 winningest programs since 2011 and let everyone know the head coaches % for offensive and defensive coordinators?

You do know that everyone knows you're a fraud. Right?

Strong words for someone who just recently joined tnet***

Dec 5, 2014, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you're out of line GWP... anyone can see he's a regular

Dec 5, 2014, 9:22 AM

Swami when it comes to football

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Really?

Dec 5, 2014, 9:26 AM

'cause I'm purty Stumped over this juan.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Morris's Tulsa was #5 in total O, #6 in scoring. Lower risk!

Dec 4, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Morris's Tulsa was #5 in total O, #6 in scoring. Lower risk! ]

Jeff Scott won a high school state championship in his first and only year as a high school head coach, which also happened to be the inaugural football season at Blythewood. I'm not saying his reputation is on the same level as Chad Morris, but it's not like he hasn't had any success. Chad Morris did a great job when he won his two straight titles at Lake Travis high school, but he also began his career there with a losing season when he was first hired despite having a team filled with elite talent that was expected to compete for the state championship. Lake Travis was accustomed to winning championships with their recently retired head coach, and there was a segment of people that wanted to show him the door after his first season.

It was that losing season that led Morris to seek out a fellow high school coach in Arkansas who had recently had a lot of success and literally written the book on the HUNH spread offense. You may have heard of the guy, Gus Malzahn. After talking to Malzahn and proving he wasn't a strategic spy for a state rival, Morris took his entire offensive coaching staff to Arkansas to learn Gus Malzahn's system. It was only a few years later when he won his two championships at Lake Travis.

Just like Morris, Jeff Scott is a former championship winning high school head coach (albeit for one year) that learned the offense from someone else. The difference is that Scott had four years coaching alongside Morris and game-planning to learn the ins and out of the system. Morris only had a couple weeks to learn the offense.

Tony Elliott has also had years coaching with Morris to learn all the nuances of the offense.

Clemson will be just fine on offense next year. The talent on next year's offense will be on par with any of the most talented Clemson teams in history, and from an overall standpoint, I would be shocked if it doesn't have the highest average rating per player of any Clemson offense in history. These ratings aren't perfect by any means, but it's a good indicator that Clemson has the playmakers needed to be successful.

The only POTENTIAL problem could be having Scott and Elliott butt heads over the playcalling. Otherwise, I think it's what many people expected to happen when Morris sooner or later departed, at least with the Jeff Scott part of the equation.

Dec 7, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: He promoted unproven pals over proven OCs. Emotion ruled.*** ]

Great post. Nothing else needs to be said, with the exception of the fact that Coach Morris himself says he is leaving with peace knowing that his players are in excellent hands. I think Coach Morris's word to his players, especially Watson is and should be good enough for anyone who is true Tiger Fan.

You Coots need to get off Tiger Net and post in the Chicken Coop instead. We don't need you here!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hiring Chad was risky when Dabo hired him. Dude had ONE

Dec 4, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Hiring Chad was smart. Promoting Napier & SCellioTT, risky.*** ]

Year experience as a college coach. Lots of "fans" were pissed when Dabo hired Chad

Re: Hiring Chad was smart. Promoting Napier & SCellioTT, risky.***

Dec 5, 2014, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Hiring Chad was smart. Promoting Napier & SCellioTT, risky.*** ]

It isn't like he wasn't handcuffed by a buyout that limited his decisions on staff. Come on Razz, please do give him a little credit. As soon as he could make the correction, he did so, and I would imagine it was a tough thing to do by firing a really close friend, and his wife's best friend's husband. He did it, though, because it was the right business decision. Even Nick Saban has made bad hires through the years. Look no further than Steele. He too makes mistakes, and even Steve Spurrier has made bad hires. It comes with the territory, and even the best coaches in great programs make bad calls. The mark of a great coach or a great manager is not only in choosing great talent, but also in recognizing someone isn't working out and replacing that person. I don't think I'd be dwelling on stuff that is 6 or 7 years old unless you just enjoy attacking our program. That mistake has been fixed, and it's been fixed pretty well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. ******

null

########!!

Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM

Coots on a Clemson message board? Really? Come on. It's like little girls who hate another girl because she's better looking, has better clothes, has a nicer house and has beaten them 35-17 on Saturday! Lol they cry for their mighty SEC that was 0-4 against the lowly ACC. We love beating the SEC! We love to see your crying eye's little girls! HA HA HA

Boo-freaking-who.

Dec 4, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

A freshman with a torn ACL beat your team like a dirty rug.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Scoreboard bisnitch***

Dec 4, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

what a childish statement....***

Dec 4, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Dabo beats SC and you still can't be happy or give him

Dec 4, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

credit. Why do you even follow sports if it makes you so miserable?

Happy about finally beating SCAR & sad about risky SCelliOTT***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:43 PM

Re: Happy about finally beating SCAR & sad about risky SCelliOTT***

Dec 4, 2014, 6:14 PM

I smell chicken 'ure.

Just an STS denizen who comes over here to stir the pot ...

Dec 4, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Since 95% of the posts on STS reflect a general "Dabo Hate" and extreme criticism of practically anything the current staff does, it's hard to get any sort of reaction over there.

So STS nay-sayers have to come to TigerNet in order to troll.

This guy is not a "coot", he's just one of those Clemson fans who likes to point out the down side of every issue ... like most of the writers on STS.

Re: Just an STS denizen who comes over here to stir the pot ...

Dec 4, 2014, 3:47 PM

I agree 100%! Only idiots can be down on Dabo! He only has beaten the elite teams from the SEC, won a BCS bowl, an ACC tittle, and recruited better than any coach in CU history! STS is so bad that I quit reading anything they write at all! I can find better opinion in a dumpster! 41 wins in 4 seasons is a helluva good job! These Dabo haters could win the lottery & still find a way to biatch about the amount only lasting 3 generations! I guarantee they are very entitled individuals with an instant gratification complex. Aka silver spoon fed a-holes that have to have EVERYTHING a day before it's available. That's exactly why we have to quit allowing coots to try to convert to Clemson fans! Go on down to Alabama with all the other whiners!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's proof that you're wrong and intolerant...

Dec 4, 2014, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Just an STS denizen who comes over here to stir the pot ... ]

Here's a recent STS article in which the author defends Dabo's SCelliOTT promotion. But you think STS is all "Dabo Hate"? Ha!

Read the comments on the article. There's a mix of pros and cons. Plenty of pro-Dabo posts are lit up green with recommendations.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/12/3/7327565/the-oc-situation-at-clemson

I post balanced opinions on several sports sites. Only on TigerNet do people respond with juvenile insults and silly psychoanalysis like you-- and even then it's only when I provide critique. When I post positive things like the following, you never comment. It seems that many people on T-Net, like you, are simply extraordinarily intolerant of differing opinions or any critique of the coaches.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=16130482

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15981347

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15955630

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15931539

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15931405

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15896142

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15891447

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15846768

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15790898

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15783856

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15779658

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15777119

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15776994

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776122

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776050

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776036

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776004

Yup.......

Dec 4, 2014, 7:52 PM

You're a troll.

Unbalanced as they come. I'm not going to try and psychoanalyze your crazy ###, but your behavior reeks of some deeper issues for sure. Are you kin to that Blue Caddy psycho?

Re: Here's proof that you're wrong and intolerant...

Dec 5, 2014, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Here's proof that you're wrong and intolerant... ]

I actually said 95% of STS was "anti-dabo" and I stand by that statement. Especially after reading the follow-up comments to The Kraken article you cited, in which I see the few positive posters getting their collective azzes kicked by the usual suspects. Your own comment about being smart enough to run the offense "... if you're a friend of Dabo" is a classic veiled insult.

You have over 1,000 posts on T-net and you found 10 that weren't overtly hostile to Dabo and staff.

If anyone wanted to take the time to research it (I don't) I'll bet that those 10 positive posts are in the vast minority.

More proof that your characterization of STS is wrong

Dec 6, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Here's proof that you're wrong and intolerant... ]

The most glowing Deshaun Watson article on the web:

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/11/30/7308039/the-legend-of-deshaun-watson-clemson-beats-gamecocks-behind-hobbled

But, the comments immediately go into full "Fire Dabo" mode

Dec 6, 2014, 10:55 AM

"What would it take to buy out Dabo" is the gist of the very first comment made on this nice article about Deshaun Watson. And it starts an extended string of discussion of who we should get to replace Dabo.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can refute your claim in five words.

Dec 4, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Spence, Koening, Napier, Kelly, Harper.

Decisions to let these people go. Good business decisions in my opinion. Was it hard, he!! yes, but you can't claim Dabo makes bad business decisions and have a shred of credibility left over !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo disliked Spence, Koenning. Promoted his pal, Napier.

Dec 4, 2014, 5:31 PM

I don't know what you mean by Harper, but Dabo obviously didn't like Kelly's attitude so that was personal and business.

Of course Dabo had to let Napier go after the 6-7 debacle or Dabo might have been fired. But the whole reason Dabo was in that situation (where he had to fire Clemson's best recruiter) was because he made an emotional decision to promote an unqualified Napier rather than hire a proven OC (like Morris). The SCelliOTT promotion seems similarly emotional. Hopefully, it won't have the same result where Clemson under-performs and Dabo is forced to fire his two best recruiters.

Koenning was a good DC and better than Steele. Unlike Steele, Koenning brought improvement to every school he went. It was well known that Dabo disliked Koenning. That decision was personal, not business.

Bama's D dropped under Steele. Improved after Steele.

Bama:
Pre-Steele 2005:.. Total D: #2. Scoring D: #1.
Pre-Steele 2006:.. Total D: #23. Scoring D: #31.
Steele 2007:...... Total D: #31. Scoring D: #27.
Steele 2008:...... Total D: #3. Scoring D: #7.
Post-Steele 2009:. Total D: #2. Scoring D: #2.
Post-Steele 2010:. Total D: #5. Scoring D: #3

Steele underperformed Koenning at Clemson.
Clemson:

Lovett 2004:.. Total D: #26. Scoring D: #29
Koenning 2005: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #11.
Koenning 2006: Total D: #13. Scoring D: #16.
Koenning 2007: Total D: #9.. Scoring D: #10.
Koenning 2008: Total D: #18. Scoring D: #13.
Steele 2009:.. Total D: #20. Scoring D: #25.
Steele 2010:.. Total D: #19. Scoring D: #13.
Steele 2011:.. Total D: #71. Scoring D: #81.

Koenning brought instant improvement everywhere he went.

Kansas State:

2008 pre-Koenning: Total D: #86. Scoring D: #117.
2009 Koenning: Total D: #39. Scoring D: #46.

Illinois:
2009 pre-Koenning: Total D: #91. Scoring D: #96.
2010 Koenning: Total D: #38. Scoring D: #67

UNC:
2011 pre-Koenning: Total D: #49. Scoring D: #56.
2012 Koenning: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #26.
2013 Koenning: Total D: #64. Scoring D: #43 <-- Admittedly having trouble at UNC now.

You were mentioning somethig about speculation earlier?

Dec 4, 2014, 8:02 PM

You can't possibly be that dense razzamacaddy.

Razzmacoot ain't foolin anyone

Dec 4, 2014, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Also, 35-17!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Razz must be sad to be so blinded by not getting your choice for head coach that you cannot enjoy what is going on. I feel sorry for people that can be nothing but negitive

Tell 'em Coot!! Razzmaazz***

Dec 4, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Why don't you just #### and go away? Tiger fans are sick of

Dec 4, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

your nonsense.

Razz Ma ###..... tell 'em coot!***

Dec 4, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Name-calling & vulgarity from a man of God? Very Christian!***

Dec 4, 2014, 5:35 PM

Re: Name-calling & vulgarity from a man of God? Very Christian!***

Dec 4, 2014, 6:58 PM

There it is. The real reason Dbagmatazz doesn't like Dabo. Because he's a Christian. Why are you so angry at God and Christians?

I'm a Christian, like Dabo. Apparently unlike you & RU4GOD2

Dec 4, 2014, 7:27 PM

You and RU4GOD2 issue vulgar insults in an unchristian manner. But unlike RU4GOD2, at least you don't have a username that implies you're for God.

It's sad that you can't respond with a civil, adult counterpoints, rather than vulgar insults. How old are you? Is that the way your parents raised you?

Are you judging?

Dec 4, 2014, 7:45 PM

Because it seems like you're judging, hypocrite.

By the way, you're a joke. An outright joke. Always have been a joke and always will be a joke. You know nothing about anything, and you've never been right about anything. Fortunately for all of humanity you're the only person who takes you seriously.

Pointing out vulgar insults isn't judging.***

Dec 4, 2014, 7:56 PM

God didn't give you the right...

Dec 4, 2014, 8:00 PM

"I'm a Christian .. unlike you"

"You issue vulgar insults in an unchristian manner"

"It's sad"

"How old are you?"

"Is that the way your parents raised you?"

---

You can't be serious razzamacaddy. And that's just one simple post.....

I don't have the right to express my opinion? Nice stretch!

Dec 4, 2014, 8:31 PM

And I like the way you conveniently edited our "apparently". You're funny.

I can't express my opinion, point out insults, and ask people questions? Uhhh... OK.

Baseless, subjective negativity directed at others....

Dec 5, 2014, 7:17 AM

Yep, you judged. Hypocrite.

irony much***

Dec 5, 2014, 10:03 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Pointing out vulgar insults isn't judging.***

Dec 5, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Pointing out vulgar insults isn't judging.*** ]

Who hurt you Razzmacoot?

b/c so many people take the guy with 15 scoks seriously

Dec 5, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Are you judging? ]

right Shane?

Dec 4, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

sounds like you need to put your emotions aside about your team getting whooped on Saturday! 35-17

Dec 4, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

Hey Razzmatazz. You always come through with some d bag comment.

Here's proof that you're wrong and intolerant...

Dec 4, 2014, 7:29 PM

I post balanced opinions on several sports sites. Only on TigerNet do people respond with juvenile insults and silly psychoanalysis like you-- and even then it's only when I provide critique. When I post positive things like the following, you never comment. It seems that many people on T-Net, like you, are simply extraordinarily intolerant of differing opinions or any critique of the coaches.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=16130482

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15981347

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15955630

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15931539

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15931405

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15896142

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15891447

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15846768

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15790898

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15783856

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15779658

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15777119

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15776994

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776122

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776050

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776036

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15776004

You didn't just call someone, "wrong and intolerant",

Dec 4, 2014, 7:49 PM

did you? Are you trying to be ironic or does it just seem that way?

I proved him factually wrong & gave examples of intolerance

Dec 4, 2014, 8:45 PM

I linked an STS article that was pro-Dabo with a balance of pro-Dabo comments, which proved RayHartfordTiger's claim of "95% Dabo hater comments" to be wrong.

I provided links to multiple positive comments from me, which proved wrong RayHartfordTiger's claim that I "always come through with some d bag comment."

I opined that since he never complains and insults me when I post those positive things, but insults me if I critique Dabo's decision, he seems intolerant.

What's ironic about that? Here's the definition of ironic.

"Ironic: Happening in the opposite way to what is expected"

I doubt you did any of that, but the point is,

Dec 5, 2014, 7:19 AM

You had the gall to call someone, "wrong and intolerant". That's you and basically every post you've ever made. Add in, "several fries short of a happy meal" and its you to a T.

So again, were you intending to be ironic?

how do you know about every post he's ever made?

Dec 5, 2014, 10:21 AM

you just joined

right?

If you are referring to Moriis' decision to take the SMU job

Dec 4, 2014, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Unlike Dabo, Chad put aside emotions, made business decision*** ]

do you really think there was no emotion involved with him going back to his home state? Yes, Dabo is an emotional person but he has also made some very good decisions and hires. No one makes good hires 100%% of the time, but Dabo has done a good job with that. And Morris had a part in preparing Scott and Eliott for this. My guess is that Morris is in favor of it himself. Yes, only time will tell if this is a good decision, but I think there is more than emotion involved. If you like Chad's offense I think this is a good move that will help us continue with what he started.

Re: New Story: Morris says meeting with Watson was "emotional" but also left him with peace

Dec 4, 2014, 2:12 PM

Go on in peace, CCM. You did marvelous things for our program. You will be missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2014, 2:30 PM

Wow, what an article! Reading it gave me chills, not only for Coach Morris, but for DW and the other members of our team whose high character continues to show. It also show that the long term planning by Dabo and his staff is unparalleled.

Coach Morris, we wish you all the best in the future. You truly exemplify "Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness."

We are truly blessed to have coaches, managers, players and administrators of such high character.

It makes being a Clemson Tiger even more special, if that is possible!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh wait. I thought Jeff Scott called the plays against scar***

Dec 4, 2014, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

He CO-called the plays after walking across Lake Hartwell.***

Dec 4, 2014, 7:37 PM

The TRAP of getting too close to his players?

Dec 4, 2014, 2:27 PM

Sounds like a coach who'll always have my back. Someone I would want my son to play for.

Good luck CM.

You will be missed. You left us with highlight and victory memories to last the rest of my life.

So happy you feel that last Saturday was your greatest victory. While on paper it may not rank up there with the OSU and LSU victories, in the hearts of Clemson people, we know how much it meant.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Classy. Thanks, Coach Morris, and good luck***

Dec 4, 2014, 2:31 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 4, 2014, 2:41 PM

Thank you Coach Morris, you did a great job and left us in a better place than 4 years ago. Good luck at SMU!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HE WILL MAKE A HELLUVA GOOD HC

Dec 4, 2014, 2:51 PM

He will be spankin all the little schools they play in no time!

Thanks for all the hard work & especially for WATSON!!!!!!!

Pay It Forward

Dec 4, 2014, 2:52 PM

Thanks for taking the chance and coming to Clemson, it turned our offense around on a dime as soon as you showed up. Hope you trained up Jeff and Tony on the schemes you brought to Clemson - I have found that guys like them can take what us older folks know and make it better!

Best of luck and never stop investing in the players, at the end of your time NOTHING will be as important as the relationships you build in this life.

GO TIGERS!

Ok, so this paragraph MAY have

Dec 4, 2014, 3:13 PM

Brought tears to my eyes...

Maybe...

“It was emotional. I had talked to him in-depth prior to talking to anybody,” Morris said during a radio interview on the Roy Philpott Show. “He kind of knew - I knew deep down he knew - and he is a part of my family and has been. I spent so much time recruiting that young man, and building a relationship with him. For him to handle it the way he did, and to just say, 'Coach, I respect it. I obviously wanted you to coach me but I understand.' And then he told me he loved me. But knowing he is left in great hands in a system that I feel like is the best in the country he isn't going to have to learn anything new. I am stepping out of my comfort zone, but as long as he doesn't have to step out of his comfort zone then I have peace with it and so does he. It was tough.”

Godspeed Coach! Just leave Watson here!!!

Dec 4, 2014, 3:32 PM

First, thank you for what you have done here! You are the first o/c in a long time that did more to build Clemson than hurt. The last being RichRod. He was the success behind Bowden! Anyway, I wish you 99% success wherever you go! That 1% would be against us! I will always pull for you against everyone else! Please, please don't take Watson with you to SMU! He has a chance to be the greatest player to ever wear orange! Possibly the greatest qb to ever play college football! I really hope you "trained" the two co-coordinator's! I'm very nervous about the near future! I know we will be ok in the long run b/c Dabo is a great judge of coaches. If they fail, he will go out & find the next "Chad Morris". I'm pulling for Elliot & Scott! I still think you should have stayed and pushed for the National Championship! God knows winning one at SMU is almost impossible! Then, you could have taken a Michigan, Florida, Texas, or USC caliber job! Anyway, thanks coach! Good luck!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely!

Dec 4, 2014, 4:00 PM

Chad Morris definitely left this program a whale of a lot better than when he found it. Credit Dabo for making great hires once he got a little leeway after the TB buyout fiasco. Dabo has done a great job of attracting a great staff and by living within the rules and still graduating players and making fine men out of boys. What parent in their right mind would not want a guy like Dabo mentoring their son? I don't want to know that person!

Thanks, Chad for all you have meant to this program! Best of luck to you and your family!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCelliOTT promotion tends to disprove Napier-money motive

Dec 4, 2014, 7:46 PM

I've heard fans theorize that Dabo had to hire Napier because of the lack of money, but I've never seen any evidence of it or heard any confirmation from anybody in the administration. Now once again, Dabo promotes his pals to OC, even though Morris was the highest paid assistant in college football and he could have hired one of the best in the business. That tends to disprove the Napier-money theory, and support the nepotism theory.

Re: SCelliOTT promotion tends to disprove Napier-money motive

Dec 4, 2014, 8:45 PM

Wrong , wrong , wrong . Did you read what CM said about continuity and familiarity ?

Yes, I read the party line. What else is Morris gonna say?

Dec 4, 2014, 8:49 PM

It's not like Morris is going to burn bridges and say it's a bad nepotism decision. Apparently Morris wasn't for continuity when Dabo hired Morris instead of promoting from within.

Hey razzamacaddy

Dec 5, 2014, 7:30 AM

Check back when we're not a top 10 winningest program over a 4 year period. Then your contrived bs may carry a little more weight. Your cootlike nonsense is obvious sour grapes.

Is that a Blue Caddy reference? How does someone who

Dec 5, 2014, 9:40 AM

just joined last month know about Blue Caddy?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well I'm shane, umm I mean, SURE he has a legitimate reason***

Dec 5, 2014, 9:45 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Yes, I read the party line. What else is Morris gonna say?

Dec 5, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Yes, I read the party line. What else is Morris gonna say? ]

Wow! What an argument! Not a very good analogy, but take your best shot.

Dec 5, 2014, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: SCelliOTT promotion tends to disprove Napier-money motive ]

He doesn't want to see that.

Dec 5, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to SCelliOTT promotion tends to disprove Napier-money motive ]

It's not theory, and you really know that Dabo's hands were pretty tied then. As for naming these two "pals" as co-OC's he has shored up the staff. If this doesn't work out, do you think he will wait to pull the trigger on one of them? How fast did he get shed of his best friend when the performance wasn't there? You know better than that Razz.

Dec 5, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to SCelliOTT promotion tends to disprove Napier-money motive ]

You, undoubtedly, selectively chose what you wanted to believe about Dabo's hire and the financial mess he had to wade through due to the contract extension granted to Bowden. Whe a coach has to take part of his own salary to make the program work, that is a darned good indicator that there isn't enough money in the budget to get done what he wanted, and you really do know that, I'm sure. Come on Razz! Granted you are no Clemson fan, and certainly no Dabo fan, but let's not ignore the obvious and assume the imaginary. There was plenty of print about Dabo's obstacles when it came to staff upon his taking over as HC. And, I might add, when staff didn't work out, he made the changes. All coaches make poor hires at times. TB wouldn't fix the mistakes, and it cost him his job.

Dec 4, 2014, 5:23 PM

Class act. And I would like to know why would you bring in an O.C. that would change a system that has worked and that you have recruited for? The combination of Scott/Elliott is going to surprise so many of the naysayers! I still wonder, however, if Dabo talked to Jon Gruden....Someone to coach QBs. I mean this man turned Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson into "HOF" QB. Just imagine.....

Something OBC will never say "The TRAP of getting close to

Dec 4, 2014, 6:35 PM

the players" I have never heard a coach berate his team or call
out players by name on national TV for bad play like the
OBS does. I have a son who is coming along and may turn out
to be a good ball player and if OBS was only offer he received
he would just retire or walk on at a Div III school before I
would let him play for OBS. What a joke. Priceless comment after
FLA game a quote now" I have never blocked a FG and punt in the same game"
He acts like his old decreptive body was out there playing
He lives and coaches in a fantasy world.

Dec 4, 2014, 6:54 PM

Good luck Coach Morris. You came in as a unknown to most, turned around the offense and made it top shelf. You helped bring in great recruits and coached them well. Good luck at SMU.

Coach Morris did a great job here. I wish him best at SMU***

Dec 5, 2014, 7:45 PM

Replies: 103
| visibility 3,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic