Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Chad similar to Ollie Purnell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

The Chad similar to Ollie Purnell

Nov 29, 2014, 1:01 AM

Why would an OC with so many weapons coming back bolt for just slightly more money to coach an 0-11 team? Was it because he felt like he wasn't going to get the job done here? Feels like when Ollie bolted to DePaul.

Either way, we have lots and lots of money and can now keep Venables by giving him a huge raise and just promote Jeff Scott or go out and spend big on an OC with experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go take a look at ole Ollie P's record since he bolted for D

Nov 29, 2014, 1:04 AM

Lol they cant run him out of Depaul quick enough...Its impissible to win without the tools

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

impossible***

Nov 29, 2014, 1:04 AM

Totally agree

Nov 29, 2014, 1:06 AM

Anyone want to bet on SMU's record over the next 3 years? I'd wager it's sub 500

If he cant score a touchdown with what he has now

Nov 29, 2014, 1:11 AM

Its gonna be painful to watch what he does over there. I dont see him landing any Sammys or Nuks at SMU

He's real good at making excuses

Nov 29, 2014, 1:14 AM

That'll come in handy over there.

Excuses like what??

Nov 29, 2014, 1:20 AM

How long have you been a Clemson man and how many 4-year stretches like this have you been a witness to?

Wanna know what?

Nov 29, 2014, 1:19 AM [ in reply to If he cant score a touchdown with what he has now ]

I haven't seen a single SMU game this year, but I'd be willing to bet that Cole Stoudt wouldn't be on the 2-deep there.

You can't run a racehorse with a broken leg. Pretty amazing we may just make the BCS in spite of it.

Youre forgetting that Stoudt was hand picked

Nov 29, 2014, 2:03 AM

By this coaching staff to be the starter. And thats over Kelly and Watson

He wasn't picked over Kelly and when you have a 4-yr player

Nov 29, 2014, 8:38 PM

with tons of positive and productive experience, you don't chuck a true freshman out there to start in front of him in game 1.

you CM apologists are hilarious...he had 4 years to get

Nov 29, 2014, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Wanna know what? ]

stoudt ready....PERIOD.

He was also chosen as starter over DW and the other chad.

CM failed cole stoudt plain and simple.

btw, the BCS is gone bruh and the fact that you said that leads me to believe that you no very little about CFB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

You know what man?

Nov 29, 2014, 8:36 PM

You are an idiot. Plain and simple. You should be embarrassed. You are not a Clemson man.

lol, care to actually point out what was wrong with my post?

Nov 29, 2014, 8:50 PM

Same Ol Shane drivel. Let me guess we elected to play defense first right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

3 quick and easy to see errors

Nov 29, 2014, 9:03 PM

1. You CM apologists are hilarious

I'm not a CM apologist by any stretch of the imagination. The facts of what Morris has done for our program speak for themselves, including today.

2. He had 4 years to get stoudt ready....PERIOD.

What part about, "you can't turn chickencrap into chicken salad" do you have trouble comprehending? Cole was limited in talent and Morris did everything he could do to mask it. Unfortunately Cole would play at any other ACC school. Period. He started at UGA because he earned it, he was effective during his appearances up to that game, and you don't just toss a true freshman out between the hedges for his first start after missing spring ball.

3. CM failed cole stoudt plain and simple.

He didn't fail him AT ALL. He taught him what to do, just like he has with Tajh and Deshaun, but Cole was ultimately mentally and physically unable to perform under pressure. You can't take a limited player into a functional player through sheer magic. The fact you think that's the way it works shows just how little you understand about the game.

Chad Morris showed for 4 years what he can do when he has functional players. The facts are clear and irrefutable. I'm sorry you lack the comprehension skills to get it. But it's not my fault. Stop throwing your bitterness in life towards me.

4. btw, the BCS is gone bruh and the fact that you said that leads me to believe that you no very little about CFB.

Of course the "BCS" is gone, "bruh" (how old are you "bruh"), but the Orange Bowl is obviously a BCS level bowl. That may still be possible and shows just how overachieving we were this year.

Re: 3 quick and easy to see errors

Nov 29, 2014, 9:27 PM

First of all you listed 4....LOL

As for my responses to your "points":

1. You are an apologist. CM has been horrible at times this year yet you like to point out what he's done the previous 3 years with top tier NFL talent.

2. You say "you can't turn chickencrap into chicken salad" referring to Cole(nice way to throw a Clemson man under the bus btw). You then go on to say "Cole would play at any other ACC school" and also "he was effective during his appearances up to that game".

So which is it Shane? Is he chickencrap or is he good enough to start at any other ACC school and an effective QB? You're arguing with yourself....

3. How did he not fail Cole? He spent 4 years mentoring and honing his skills, therefore he should've known exactly what cole can/can't do and game planned to suit his strengths. He/They also named Cole their starter and said continually that he gave us our best chance to win. So they obviously had a lot of confidence in Cole and therefore CM did not think he is "chickencrap" like you said above.

4. "the Orange Bowl is obviously a BCS level bowl"....Plain and simple...no it is not because the BCS doesn't exist...not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

Keep on, keepin on Shanely

As if there was any doubt as to your cluelessness.

Nov 29, 2014, 9:51 PM

1. Chad Morris is one of the best OC's in the business, and when he had a functioning QB he showed it even with freshmen leading the way on offense. Saying he succeeded simply because he had some good players is a sign of true ignorance. There are dozens of of good teams with MORE NFL talent who have not succeeded at the level we have. I'm am no apolgist; I simply look at the facts. Those facts are clear and irrefutable and all lead to one conclusion - Chad Morris is one of the best offensive coordinators in the business. That's why we've been one of the top t0 winningest programs since he got here. Bottom line is, you can't just trot players out there and win. That's been proven hundreds of times over time. But then again, anyone who calls another "bruh" probably has no clue about the history of the game. Nimrod elitists like you think winning football games should be easy, and the fact there a about 120 1-A football programs looking up at us since Chad got here is no big deal. Sheer ignorance and lack of football IQ.

2. I didn't throw Cole under the bus. He is limited physically and mentally. Period. That's a simple fact just like saying you're a "what have you done for me today" child. Just simple facts. Cole did very well in mop up duty for 3 years and was given the reigns at UGA for the reason already stated. By the way, I made a type, meant to say Cole would NOT play at any other ACC school. That is, unless he was their only option. Again, you can't magically turn limited guys into major players. Kind of like you in real life. Just ain't happening.

3. Chad Morris spent 3 years working with Cole to teach him all he could while he was busy making us the 8th most winningest program in the country during that span. You really have no clue do you? They named him starter while the more talented TRUE freshman, who missed spring ball, was getting accustomed to the college game. Again, how many times will you show you have no clue about the game? Guys like you are an utter embarrassment to a proud program like Clemson. You're not the kind of man the university strives to produce. What is the best Clemson team you watched in your life?

4. Again, the Orange Bowl is a top tier bowl. It's one very few in the country ever get to play in. When someone calls it a "BCS level bowl", that is something that makes sense. You, on the other hand, seem to ignorant to get it. The very fact that we still have a shot at a BCS level bowl considering our best QB is a freshman, our best RB is a freshman (replacing the guy who was better than him, another true freshman), and oir best WR is a true freshman, THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE COACHING STAFF, NAMELY Chad Morris who has irrefutable proven he's one of the best OCs in the country.

Why do you keep calling me Shane? That's really weird man..makes no sense at all. Is it some sort of personal humor that helps you feel less defeated? Good luck with that. AGAIN, Chad Morris is one of the best OCs in the business. The facts support that loud and clear. Your shortsighted and childish mentality do nothing to change that.

Deer Shane.....

Nov 29, 2014, 10:01 PM

Keep on rambling.

1. we did not score an offensive TD in 2 of our games this season. Meanwhile, FCS schools are scoring against top 10 opponents.

2. you did throw cole under the bus. you called him chickencrap....

3. again you work with what you have and cm proved there are some major issues with his gameplanning(see the first point)

4. Again, it isn't a BCS caliber bowl as the BCS doesn't exist.

BTW, you have broken the Tigernet Forum and Chat posting Rules by formulating a personal attack on me.

You have been RA'd.

Re: impossible***

Nov 29, 2014, 1:14 AM [ in reply to impossible*** ]

I was thinking it wasn't pissable without the right tools.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, its late and im tired

Nov 29, 2014, 1:17 AM

Cant seem to pull myself off tnet though

He'd be getting a 50% raise to go back to Texas

Nov 29, 2014, 1:20 AM

I'm curious how many of you would turn down a job offer like that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He'd be getting a 50% raise to go back to Texas

Nov 29, 2014, 1:41 AM

A good coach goes where he can make the biggest impact. A raise , return home, and he can only improve?

That's a win-win and I think Scott has studied long enough.

As long as it didn't involve figuring %tages I'd take it!***

Nov 29, 2014, 5:49 AM [ in reply to He'd be getting a 50% raise to go back to Texas ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then he should heed the sage words of Gen. Phil Sheridan:

Nov 29, 2014, 7:46 AM [ in reply to He'd be getting a 50% raise to go back to Texas ]

"If I owned Texas and ####, I would rent out Texas and live in ####"

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're exactly right--both were good coaches who helped

Nov 29, 2014, 2:00 AM

get us to places we haven't been in a while...good observation.

You think Chad left to get away from...

Nov 29, 2014, 5:47 AM

Lit Book and Jennings?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Chad similar to Ollie Purnell

Nov 29, 2014, 6:42 AM

He took this new job,cause he read ""TIGERNET"" and seen where all the dumpsters said he needed to get the heck out of Clemson !!!!!! and take his ""Bubble Screen Passes"" with him !!!!!!____________and yall don't think we got ""POWER"" ????? ________ Why do you think,Watson got the nod over Stoudt ??? after Dabo read on TNET., that he had picked the wrong starting quarterback ???

Rejoice in the power,my fellow posters !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm heading to Death Valley, to watch my TIGERS kick some Gamecocks AAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and start the ""NEW STREAK"" !!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!

Re: The Chad similar to Ollie Purnell

Nov 29, 2014, 6:59 AM

A big part of it is the location.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all about the Benjamin's***

Nov 29, 2014, 7:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he wants to go home***

Nov 29, 2014, 8:53 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic