Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I crazy or...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,256

Am I crazy or...

Nov 29, 2014, 12:47 AM

Is SMU a dumpster fire? They have nothing! No top players, crap facilities no fan base anymore, and June Jines who had already been a success as a HC couldn't do crap with them. Why would the Chad want to be there? Because it's in Texas? So what? Texas is a state not a utopia. Small town killing him? His million dollar lake house seadoos and speed boats making him depressed? Wake is a better job, Vandy is a better job, heck in my opinion there are 110 better FBS jobs. What gives? I would wait on a real HC opurtunity. SMU hasn't been relevant since b4 the death penalty. He'll be fired in 3-4 years there, about the time he starts to get descent players in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

June Jones

Nov 29, 2014, 12:49 AM

Former QB & hometown hero June Jones.

Re: Am I crazy or...

Nov 29, 2014, 12:50 AM

I was thinking something along this line as well. SMU?? really?? Feels like a few giant steps BACKWARDS to me, HC role or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mould another 200k make him stay?

Nov 29, 2014, 12:54 AM

If so, do it... At least talk him into staying and waiting for the right job. I mean NC st, Wake, UL have all been in contact with him in the past, I think all those are better jobs... Why SMU.
This smells like chicken sh!t- Spurrier style.

He rode the Sammy and company wave

Nov 29, 2014, 12:51 AM

Straight into 1.2 million dollars. He knew it was time to get off while he was ahead. I would take the money while it was there as well.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usually only get 1 shot at HC success

Nov 29, 2014, 12:59 AM

If u fail that's pretty much it. Choose a job that can give you a chance at success. 1.2 mill for many years, is better than being canned after 2-3 @ 2 mill. Maybe he is Cowboys fan and just wants to get home for Romo.

lets say hes there 2 years and is fired

Nov 29, 2014, 1:06 AM

Thats 6 million dollars! Give me 6 mil and I would be set for life!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will give him at least 4 or 5........***

Nov 29, 2014, 1:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He rode the Sammy and company wave

Nov 29, 2014, 8:39 AM [ in reply to He rode the Sammy and company wave ]

Bingo.

Getting out while getting is good!!

Good luck to him. I am guessing we will still field a team after he is replaced and maybe, just maybe, can convert 3rd and 1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I crazy or...

Nov 29, 2014, 1:35 AM

orangenate, I have been wondering the very same thing. And what is going on between him and Dabo. He has another job a full week before our regular season is over. If I was Dabo and there were problems between him and Chad, and with Chad having another job without much more money he is getting now to a for real outside toilet fire to where he will never win at. I don't think he would be on my side lines tomorrow. I mean the last few games looked to me, as they were being called to lose. I could be wrong but, I think that their relationship with each has taken a hit some how, some where. I do remember a few weeks ago, a media guy ask him a question, he told the media guy in a smart A$$ way to ask Dabo that Dabo was the HC. I though then that he and Dabo must have had an argument, and Dabo told him that he was the HC. Now this and the timing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally Agree

Nov 29, 2014, 7:49 AM

Something hasn't seemed right for several weeks with Dabo. He made a comment about "the right time" for coaches being interviewed a few weeks ago and made a point to say this point in the season wasn't the right time. I went back in the archives and couldn't find this comment but I know I read it. I wonder if Chad talked to SMU or even came to agreement with SMU without Dabo's knowledge which lit a FIRE under Dabo because of disloyalty. Of course that's all speculation but it does feel like something is different.

Dabo has been short and curt

Nov 29, 2014, 8:01 AM

since the Wake Forest game. Wonder if that is when all of this transpired? It makes me think he has had a lot on his mind lately. One thing we should remember....Clemson is lucky to have had coaches like Chad and Brent but we are merely stepping stones to their real jobs. I accept that and I am very happy for their new opportunities. We will go out and seek the best replacements we can get and they too will leave when a greater opportunity comes knocking. That's just the thing about being just a stepping stone to somewhere else...you get stepped on a lot. Go Tigers!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,256
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic