Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad rode a roster of nfl talent to 1.3 mil and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,025

Chad rode a roster of nfl talent to 1.3 mil and

Nov 28, 2014, 3:47 PM

Now to a 3 mil HC gig....he knows the shine has wore off of his high school offense and is grasping at any HC gig. SMU will be career suicide!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad rode a roster of nfl talent to 1.3 mil and

Nov 28, 2014, 4:01 PM

So true. Chad was a genius......as long as he had a huge talent advantage against the have nots. But think back to the his efforts against USC, FSU, the 2nd half against UGA th is year, and GA Tech after Watson went out. He had no answers. Thank goodness Ohio States best corner, and best defensive lineman missed the Orange Bowl with injury. Folks are too quick to label coaches geniuses, or idiots. Remember Napier? He was the rising star of young coaches when he had Davis, Ford, Palmer, and an experienced offense. The next year with a huge loss of of talent he was suddenly an idiot that Dabo couldn't run out of town quick enough. It's all about talent.

Nov 28, 2014, 5:26 PM

Agree.I use to think he could out scheme other teams but reality set in and I saw how much talent he had. I'd take the OC at Duke or ECU over the Chad because I know they have less overall talent.

Why didn't you mention the times we succeeded against good defenses?

Nov 28, 2014, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad rode a roster of nfl talent to 1.3 mil and ]

Or why didn't you mention the times out offense did more than enough to win against good teams but the defense let is down? Like I said, you guys have really short and selective memories.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad rode a roster of nfl talent to 1.3 mil and ]

So you admit Morris coached GOOD Clemson teams. Nice admission finally. And Napier was hired by Saban so he is worth it in Bamas eyes

You'll be complaining about Venables when he's coaching a young D next year

Nov 28, 2014, 5:57 PM

Some of y'all have been spoiled by how well our guys have been doing the last few years. You might say that Venables only looks good this year because he's got a bunch of talent and experience to work with, but instead you only notice that this matters when a unit is already struggling due to inexperience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh please. You could say that about any coach

Nov 28, 2014, 5:47 PM

Just about any time a unit looks really good, it's a t least partially because of a lot of talent. Why aren't you saying the same thing about Venables this year? There's a ton of NFL talent on defense this year.

You guys just have really short memories.

I think the difference is

Nov 28, 2014, 5:58 PM

That most of the talent on D was made into top talent, whereas Sammy and Bryant, Nuk pretty much came in NFL ready.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2014, 5:54 PM

Yeah im sure they want him because the shine wore off. Good grief you cant fix stupid

Nov 28, 2014, 5:56 PM

anyone remember what the contract has as a buy-out the amount

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,025
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic