Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on Morris....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,543

My take on Morris....

Nov 28, 2014, 2:29 PM

He has no doubt completely changed this offense from the moment he stepped on campus. He has helped break many school records and our offense has been one of the best in the nation these past few seasons. He's a great coach and our players respect him. But I'm tired of hearing every offseason about him interviewing with a school or rumored to have accepted a HC position. When he went and interviewed with Vanderbilt and whoever else, it makes it seem like he's not very committed to Clemson. I also feel like that has hurt us getting a few recruits the past few yrs. Other than Boyd, he had struggled in short
yardage situations and gets pass happy even when the run game is working. We have yet to see this "smashmouth offense" since he's been here. I'm greatful for the things he has done for Clemson and if he decides to stay another year or 2 I'm fine with that. But like Dabo has said in the past, this is a Clemson offense not a Chad Morris offense. Dabo has proven he can hire a great coordinator. Chad Morris leaving will not change Clemson, we will still be who we are and do what we do. I expect this offense to still perform at a high level and continue to put alot of points on the board. We have the talent to do so no matter who our coordinator is. Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on Morris....

Nov 28, 2014, 2:31 PM

?? what he said

If your coordinators aren't being asked for interviews...

Nov 28, 2014, 2:35 PM

that's when you need to start worrying...

Nov 28, 2014, 2:35 PM

while some of that may be true....but you also have to remember he was very adamant about Cole being the best QB and was his starter. just saying...

Nov 28, 2014, 4:59 PM

was that chad or dabo?

Nov 28, 2014, 2:43 PM

This might be a great opportunity for Morris, a team with no where to go but up in a state where he has a history. And if the salary reports are anywhere near correct no one could blame him for going.
I think we can continue as an up tempo, high scoring offence.
Do you think we elevate from within the program or go after someone that's already an OC?
Any ideas as to who?
Go Tigers!!

I honestly don't know but

Nov 28, 2014, 3:01 PM

I wouldn't mind Jeff Scott stepping up and taking the job but imo, i don't think Jeff is ready for that job yet. I think we should hire another OC.and let Jeff learn under him and when or if that new OC leaves, I believe that's when we should move Jeff Scott up to an offense coordinator position.

Re: My take on Morris....***

Nov 28, 2014, 3:42 PM

Re: My take on Morris....a) the chad was probably upset

Nov 28, 2014, 4:01 PM

With the chad Kelly fiasco that left him short handed..b) was sick of dabo's persistance to start Stoudt and being forced to utter the company line "cole gives us the best chance to win"...c) suddenly has realized the talent at CU was the reason for his success and not his Mickey mouse high school offense...d) knows the shelf life for his demand is heading towards it's expiration date!

Nov 28, 2014, 3:54 PM

Same here...I hate to see Chad go but also got tired of hearing about all the rumors, interviews, whatever. I'd rather have a coach that is all in, totally committed to helping Clemson win, not looking for something better. Some say it's good to have other teams wanting your coaches, yeah. ..but it's also good to know that they are happy here and wouldn't leave

Nov 28, 2014, 4:02 PM

Good luck to him and I hope he does great. I quit worrying about good coaches leaving after Charley Pell.

Let him go out on a high note by crushing Carolina and move on to the next stage.

Fortunately, the style he brought can be duplicated/

Nov 28, 2014, 5:19 PM

replicated now that the recipe is out. What Carolina school lit it up this yr? Even made it into top 25.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,543
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic