Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Jeff Scott ready?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Is Jeff Scott ready?

Nov 28, 2014, 8:19 AM

Jeff is unquestioned as a recruiter but do y'all think he is OC material? I understand that there is a first time for everything but is he truly ready?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't need another Napier season that's for sure. I don't

Nov 28, 2014, 8:24 AM

Know much about Scott's abilities to run an offense but I'd be laying if I said I wasn't a tad bit nervous.

Good comparison

Nov 28, 2014, 8:27 AM

With the talent we have now and more coming next year, we can't afford "on the job training". I hope we look outside for someone that can not just keep the train running but elevate us to a new level. Chad has become predictable so a new twist, with a proven leader could prove to be the answer.

Napier would have had success with the players

Nov 28, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to We don't need another Napier season that's for sure. I don't ]

The Chad had fall in in lap. Napier had recruited all of those players.This year, with Napier's players gone, how's Chad doing ? Jeff's ready and will succeed.

Re: Napier would have had success with the players

Nov 28, 2014, 9:50 AM

> The Chad had fall in in lap. Napier had recruited all
> of those players.This year, with Napier's players
> gone, how's Chad doing ? Jeff's ready and will
> succeed.

Actually Jeff Scott recruited all these players.

We just had a Napier season.***

Nov 28, 2014, 9:50 AM [ in reply to We don't need another Napier season that's for sure. I don't ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We sure did.***

Nov 28, 2014, 10:06 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

When do you think someone like Jeff is ready?

Nov 28, 2014, 8:28 AM

He's studied under Morris for the past 4 years. He has the pedigree from his dad. He has been around college football and OC his entire adult life.

Chad leaving doesn't scare me as much as what Dabo decides to do with Jeff. Jeff is our recruiting guru. You want to see recruits get flaky? let Jeff leave because he doesn't get offered OC. You don't think there are some programs in SEC, namely Florida, who wouldn't mind bringing on Jeff as their recruiting coordinator at double his current salary?

Dabo could be between a rock and a hard place on this one. Of course, we don't even know if Jeff wants the pressure of being OC.

Re: When do you think someone like Jeff is ready?

Nov 28, 2014, 8:34 AM

Just give Jeff the job. He is as faithful a Clemson man as anyone out there. I am sure he will be adequate enough. At least we won't have to pay him big money and no one will come lure him away. His value as a recruiter is the most important thing so just throw the OC job his way.

Your post made me think...was it Morris's offensive mind or

Nov 28, 2014, 8:39 AM

Was it the talent he had around him Boyd, Ellington, Watkins, Bryant, etc. I agree that we need talent on deck first...but we also had talent with Napier. That was a disaster.

Your post made me think...was it Morris's offensive mind or

Nov 28, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: When do you think someone like Jeff is ready? ]

Was it the talent he had around him Boyd, Ellington, Watkins, Bryant, etc. I agree that we need talent on deck first...but we also had talent with Napier. That was a disaster.

I agree with you in the fact that we can't lose Scott as a

Nov 28, 2014, 8:36 AM [ in reply to When do you think someone like Jeff is ready? ]

Recruiter. Losing him as a recruiter makes me more nervous than losing Morris. Now I do feel more comfortable with him than I did with napier considering his dad was a decent OC and he's got more experience. But with Watson leading the O, should we take a chance or hire a proven? Tough decision.

Re: Is Jeff Scott ready?

Nov 28, 2014, 8:30 AM

not the same i know but jeff did win a state champ. at blythewood in their first year of eligibility as a school

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't realize that.***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:31 AM

Re: Didn't realize that.***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:35 AM

Haven't fully thought it out yet, but with Jeff being still green, we could pay him average for an OC and kick some of Morris' money to Venables. That way the only way we lose BV is to another school offering him a head coach position. Then if Jeff is getting it done, we bump him up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2014, 8:36 AM

Someone will come after BV, it's only a matter of time. Best thing we can do is make sure it's not somewhere else as DC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2014, 8:45 AM

Do y'all even realize that Venable has what's left as Steele's recruiting class this season? Everything in between is his...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I see Venables taking over at K-State when Snyder retires... Again***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Didn't realize that.*** ]

Yes he did.***

Nov 28, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Jeff Scott ready? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:35 AM

I don't know if he's ready, but I trust

Nov 28, 2014, 8:38 AM

Dabo to have a good idea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good pedigree- his dad won NC at FSU as OC***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:50 AM

Re: Good pedigree- his dad won NC at FSU as OC***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:57 AM

If he isn't ready I doubt he ever will be. His Dad was great as OC at FSU, he has seen Chad in action for several years. I think you have to give him a shot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he is.***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense is going to be down next year. They will be decent but no where near the level that they are playing this year. Can NOT afford to make a bad hire on offense. The ACC should be ours for the taking next year but not recruiting o lineman(one #### year aint good enough), losing our offensive cordinator on top of graduating all our defensive talent will keep next years team from achieving much, unless they hit a homerun with the offensive cordinator hire.

Doesn't matter. Her better be.

I think Jeff would be a good choice because it would be a smooth transition and allow us to maintain some continuity, especially in recruiting.

Think about this...If Jeff isn’t offered the job, don't you think he may feel slighted and leave?

Chad might even take him to be his OC and recruiting coordinator at SMU.

If we do hire Jeff, I would like to see him bring some new ideas to the table. Our offense was in need of that anyway, even if Chad stayed.

Perhaps Jeff could expand on Chad’s offence a bit by adding in some traditional spread concepts he would have learned under Rich Rodriguez as a player and some to the fast break pro-style concepts his dad used at FSU.

My biggest concern with Jeff is that he wasn’t a QB and I’m not sure how he do coaching them…Perhaps he could bring in a separate assistant to be our QB coach.

Hiring a proven OC isn't a guarantee either.

Nov 28, 2014, 9:56 AM

UF hired the OC from Boise st and he failed. Couldn't have hired an OC with a better pedigree.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic