Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
taking SMU HC gig will be biggest gamble of Morris' LIfe....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 837

taking SMU HC gig will be biggest gamble of Morris' LIfe....

Nov 28, 2014, 5:19 AM

The chances of him being successful at SMU are less than likely. Since 1989 SMU has been at or over .500 six times and has also only won more than 5 games in a season in that time span 6 times with the most wins being two 8 win seasons in 2009 and 2011. With the way there football alumni has criticized the football program and athletic department in the last year or so this is going to be a huge, huge challenge. If he is successful he could turn this into a big opportunity at a major university in 3 or so seasons I would think. If he isn't successful he might never get another shot at being a HC and if he does it will be many, many years away. On the other hand if he stays at Clemson and proves this year was nothing but an anomaly he will get a HC'ing gig at much better university than SMU in the next season or two. IMHO I think this is a bad move and he should take another year or to at Clemson to improve his kraft and the knowledge he needs to be a HC at a major player. If anything this year has proven(at least to me anyway) that he's not quite ready to be a HC at the college level.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never though he was ready for head coaching.

Nov 28, 2014, 6:32 AM

I don't think he's ready now either. I think SMU knows he not ready and I think they don't care. They will give him a six year deal and let him earn while he learns. He'll bring in skilled personel and excite the fans maybe put a little life in the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would anyone here turn down a chance to make 2 mil/year?******

Nov 28, 2014, 6:36 AM

Re: Would anyone here turn down a chance to make 2 mil/year?******

Nov 28, 2014, 11:50 AM

They might if they're already making over $1 mil/year in a good situation at Clemson. Even if Dabo gets fired in the future, Morris can pick up an OC job somewhere else. If he get fired at SMU, where will he go?

Re: taking SMU HC gig will be biggest gamble of Morris' LIfe....

Nov 28, 2014, 11:48 AM

Not much of a gamble. From a high school coach just a few years ago to a millionaire ? The 3 million / yr is a huge salary even if he does not succeed. I also suspect bad blood between dhabi and chad... Just sayin.

Replies: 4
| visibility 837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic