Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People...you're all overthinking this game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

People...you're all overthinking this game.

Nov 26, 2014, 10:43 PM

This is still the SC that lost to Mizzou, Kentucky and Tennessee. This is the same team that gave up 52 to A&M, 45 to Kentucky, 42 to Auburn and 45 to Tennessee. When this "record setting" offense ran into a defense (Mizzou/UF),they scored 20 and 23 points, respectively. Don't get me wrong. They don't have a BAD offense. But they ain't world beaters.

SC fans want to tout the "improvement" of their defense. Stop kidding yourselves. You played a Florida team that couldn't pass the ball (which conveniently plays right into the fact that you haven't been able to get a pass rush all season), and South Alabama. How quickly we forget that 2 short games ago, you got gashed by Tennessee to the tune of 645 yards and 45 points. And the game before that it was 551 yards and 42 points to Auburn.

Watson is going to play. I know it, all the Clemson fans know it, Spurrier knows it, and SC fans dread it. Sit back. Relax. We're gonna take care of business in Death Valley at high noon.

Go Tigers! The streak is over! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkjkQNXpSHI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most encouraging post so far +1***

Nov 26, 2014, 10:46 PM

Re: People...you're all over-thinking this game.

Nov 26, 2014, 10:50 PM

Nov 26, 2014, 10:54 PM

It's a nice pep talk. If DW plays, we can pass the ball.... If not. I'll just let you make up your own scenario there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

if and a big IF Watson doesn't play

Nov 26, 2014, 11:28 PM

I'm okay with Stoudt. May seem surprising to some of yall but I think he really wants this. In his interview he sounded like a different person. He wants to beat them. Plain and simple. He wants to go out as the quarterback who ended the streak. As long as we give him enough time in the pocket I think we will see the Stoudt we have wanted to see. No way we lose this game. Our players want it just as bad as us fans do. Lets get it done boys

Nov 26, 2014, 10:56 PM

+1

My brother actually has English 102 with Watson, and according to him Watson is definitely going to play Saturday. He told him as much last week, this injury is nothing but a sprain.

I'm think 37-21 Good guys Saturday

Dude why haven't you been telling us this all week.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:00 PM

Very encouraging to hear

Re: Dude why haven't you been telling us this all week.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:02 PM

Didn't really hear anything concrete until Monday. But supposedly he's bee feeling pretty good in practice.

Don't hold me to anything but I'd be surprised if DW isn't suited up and ready to go Saturday

WHAT? You mean coots last two wins wasn't a big turn around for them

Nov 26, 2014, 11:07 PM

but but Spurrier said it was & he is always right. Ha ha. GO TIGERS!

Man i hope your right

Nov 26, 2014, 11:21 PM

WE CAN NOT LET THEM LEAVE DEATH VALLEY WITH #6 . Just can't happen. Its in our players heads. They have wanted another shot at them since the offseason. Just a high tension game for both schools. Would love to be playing in this game but I'm sure the butterflys are already setting in. If we win I'm driving 5 hrs to Clemson to celebrate. Going to be a huge party in Clemson if we win and i want to be a part of it. Go tigers!

Re: Man i hope your right

Nov 26, 2014, 11:23 PM

Gonna be a WILD scene all night

That's one of the advantages to playing Watson.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Man i hope your right ]

He's a freshman and the there's no more than typical game pressure on him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for optimism!**

Nov 27, 2014, 2:06 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: People...you're all overthinking this game.

Nov 27, 2014, 7:43 AM

This is the worst SC defense I've seen in maybe ever. Probably as bad as the one Ford played in the 80's when he handed SCAR a 45-0 loss in Columbia.

There is nothing about that defense that should scare anyone. As I said in another post, even if SC somehow gets a two score lead do not fret - SCAR had double digit leads against Mizzou, UT and UK and still lost. Also had double digit leads against UGA and UF and squeaked out wins.

Nov 27, 2014, 9:10 AM

I don't know. They beat UF in the swamp. Same team that smoked uga on a neutral field - who pounded us. If dw was completely healthy and had played a bunch, I'd feel better. Right now seeing is believing. Got to go do it and I do not think we do it with Cole (unfortunately).

*******Coot Alert***********

Nov 27, 2014, 9:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This game

Nov 27, 2014, 8:45 AM

is different from all those. Those games don't matter.

Re: This game

Nov 27, 2014, 8:47 AM

We lost all three games because Of play calling. We should have ground out the clock, but didn't.

It is different, but it isn't.

Nov 27, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to This game ]

It's different in the way that...this isn't those games. But it's the same in that their defense is still awful.

Remember too folks, that UT had their back-up QB,

Nov 27, 2014, 9:36 AM

Missou had Mattie Mauk, who hits less then 50% of his passes! and a very mediocre UK QB. Turns out, Heisman contender aTm QB, was only good when he played against sorry defenses like Scar. He is not even aTm's best QB. Two of these QBs were mobile and one was more of a pocket guy (uK), so there is not one type of QB that can beat them.

Re: Remember too folks, that UT had their back-up QB,

Nov 27, 2014, 9:57 AM

Very good.

But none of that will matter if we turn the ball over and get out coached like we have in recent years. No question that the level of talent makes USC look like a pop warner team, just gotta put them and themselves in position to beat the prison dic* outta them...Its honestly that simple...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Remember too folks, that UT had their back-up QB,

Nov 28, 2014, 12:11 PM

Yep. Turnovers will be key. But we turn the ball over a lot less with Watson in the game.

Nov 27, 2014, 1:12 PM

Precisely sir!

Apparently...

Nov 27, 2014, 1:31 PM

you didn't watch the Ga state game.

I don't want to throw our team to the wolves, but....

having watched Clemson football for 35 years, I have seen some good teams, and I have seen
some not so good teams. And even when we were not so good. We still took care of business
against teams like Ga state.
(Ga state)- that may have been "THE" worse offensive performance I have ever seen, ever.
Had it not been for the 3 picks, thrown by them- that game may have been really, really close.
Sad, so sad...
We have no modivation on offense....
ok, I understand that should change against SC, least it better. But I have come to the conclusion.
Its just like our coaches said, we're in no position to take.....ANYYYYY-ONE for granted.
SC will play out of their minds Saturday....u can bet the farm on that bud.

:)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Re: Apparently...

Nov 27, 2014, 5:15 PM

We should have no excuses with their defense. None.

Nov 27, 2014, 6:32 PM

A very fine analysis indeed.....yes Watson will play and yes we are talking about a very mediocre (at best!) defense....THE STREAK ENDS THIS SATURDAY!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Nov 27, 2014, 6:48 PM

28-0 is not " taking care of business " ?
SMH at some of the fans that purport themselves Clemson faithful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 27, 2014, 7:44 PM

OP...Beautifully said!!

Guys... I told you not to worry.

Nov 30, 2014, 7:49 AM

I told you this was still the same old SC and the same old SC defense and beating Florida meant nothing.

I told you to just relax and enjoy... maybe you'll trust me one day. ;)

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic